MEGARATE: Unreleased (2002-2020) [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Unreleased (2002-2020) [Results Show 04/10 - 3pm EST / 9pm CET]
On 10/2/2022 at 7:21 AM, PlayPause said:

The Missy addition helped them reach an audience and have an impact in the media they wouldn't have had with M only.

2 years ago, M's image online was complicated and she was perceived as an out of touch artist for the new generation of young pop music listeners, who grew up on Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa, etc.

Meanwhile, Missy has never lost her edge, even though she doesn't make a lot of new music.

Things have changed for M since : Frozen Sickick remixes started M's rebranding as an adventurous pop artist embracing her legacy, not only that old singer with too many kids and disgusting grillz. (Is quitting grillz the next step ? P-P-P-LEASE)

Should they re-release the remix today, Lucky Star would probably make its way on an extended cut or alternative version or TikTok collab.

IMHO, the Levitating remix sounds better with the rap because it brings back some of the groove that the Blessed Madonna production took away.

Now it turns out that Missy Elliot is the "King Midas" of music and that she has the power to turn any song into a hit. So why didn't the same thing happen with the remixes of American Life in which she participated and which passed unnoticed?

I personally met Missy Elliot for the first time when she accompanied Madonna on Mtvs 2003 (in fact her participation went more unnoticed than Madonna's kiss with Christina Aguilera) and then I met her again thanks to the Levitating remix but I didn't know she was so popular and loved in her country as you say. But the fact that Missy Elliot is so popular does not justify the disrespect towards Madonna of making her believe that the part she recorded singing Lucky Star would be included in the song when in the end they did not even put a picture of her in the video. That is why I have stopped following Dua Lipa because I did not like that disloyal attitude towards Madonna at all.

5 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Now it turns out that Missy Elliot is the "King Midas" of music and that she has the power to turn any song into a hit. So why didn't the same thing happen with the remixes of American Life in which she participated and which passed unnoticed?

I personally met Missy Elliot for the first time when she accompanied Madonna on Mtvs 2003 (in fact her participation went more unnoticed than Madonna's kiss with Christina Aguilera) and then I met her again thanks to the Levitating remix but I didn't know she was so popular and loved in her country as you say. But the fact that Missy Elliot is so popular does not justify the disrespect towards Madonna of making her believe that the part she recorded singing Lucky Star would be included in the song when in the end they did not even put a picture of her in the video. That is why I have stopped following Dua Lipa because I did not like that disloyal attitude towards Madonna at all.

Her verse wasn't long enough. That's why.

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Unreleased (2002-2020) [Results Show NOW]
2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

#11 – Is This Love (Bon D’Accord)

BvawVW5.png

- Average Rate : 6,44 / 10

- Highest Rate : 10 ( @MPowered, @Alibaba, @Tony Fortin, @chaosmen1984mk )

- Lowest Rate : 2 ( @Drum Dub, @spinningaround )

She looks like she's wearing an inflatable sumo outfit in this photo

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Which means that the ten songs left are...

-Set the Right

-The Game

-Miss You

-I'm in Love with Love

-Keep the Trance

-Triggering

-Across the Sky

-Animal

-Latte

-Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Original Remix)

Which ones do you think will leave the game next? :)

Keep the trance and Triggering aren't so great imo

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Unreleased (2002-2020) [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic