MEGARATE: Unreleased (2002-2020) [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. The results are kinda shocking to me. I don't really understand what you see in COADF rejects. Triggering is not that bad but Keep The Trance is nothing special. Maybe I'm not fond of it because of the LQ sound.

I also didn't expect Feeling So Crazy to be so low. It's really not that bad. Especially not worse than the very underwhelming acoustic songs from this group.

In case someone wondered how these tracks compared with the official ones, here are rankings for that! :)

American Life:

#1 - 8,79 - Nothing Fails

#2 - 8,38 - Nobody Knows Me

#3 - 8,37 - Die Another Day

#4 - 8,34 - Hollywood

#5 - 8,29 - Easy Ride

#6 - 8,16 - Love Profusion

#7 - 8,14 - Intervention

#8 - 7,83 - American Life

#9 - 7,78 - Mother and Father

#10 - 7,77 - X-Static Process

#11 – 6,99 – Set the Right

#12 - 6,60 - I'm So Stupid

#13 – 6,47 – The Game

Confessions on a Dance Floor:

#1 - 9,25 - Hung Up

#2 - 9,23 - Get Together

#3 - 9,14 - Forbidden Love

#4 - 8,98 - Sorry

#5 - 8,90 - Jump

#6 - 8,25 - Future Lovers

#7 – 8,09 - Triggering

#8 - 7,90 - Like It or Not

#9 - 7,86 - Let It Will Be

#10 - 7,48 - Isaac

#11 – 7,30 – Keep the Trance

#12 - 7,08 - How High

#13 - 6,92 - Push

#14 - 6,66 - I Love New York

#15 - 6,58 - Fighting Spirit

#16 - 6,13 - History

#17 - 5,64 - Super Pop

Hard Candy:

#1 - 8,44 - Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

#2 – 8,34 – Across the Sky

#3 - 8,32 - Give It 2 Me

#4 - 8,24 - Miles Away

#5 – 8,18 - Animal

#6 - 7,77 - Beat Goes On

#7 - 7,65 - She's Not Me

#8 - 7,58 - 4 Minutes

#9 – 7,42 - Latte

#10 - 7,19 - Voices

#11 - 6,98 - Heartbeat

#12 - 6,74 - Candy Shop

#13 - 6,39 - Dance 2Night

#14 – 5,72 – Feeling So Crazy

#15 - 5,07 - Ring My Bell

#16 - 5,02 - Incredible

#17 - 4,76 - Spanish Lesson

I'd like to thank all of you who were able to participate and react at the Results Show. I'm glad that you are still quite a lot voting for these last few ones considering the tracks aren't as known. Thank you for the effort! You'll find a recap of the results on the first page.

The next megarate will start tomorrow evening. But for now, here's the start of something that you might look foward to! :)

15 minutes ago, Andreo said:

DID I GIVE 1 TO THE SONG?! EXCUSE ME WHAT, I MEANT 10 😭😭😭 

After checking, this seems to be a mistake of my part. My apologies. This actually changes the rank of the songs. I will correct that in a bit.

EDIT: @Andreo all the rankings (first page, results show and the official album comparison) were fixed. This now puts Latte at #4 and Keep the Trance at #5.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Animal

qtXQqGj.png

- Average Rate : 8,18 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @MattyMads, @HC Charge, @geert, @Nowheretohide )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @desperateK, @migsou )

#1 – Across the Sky

as4Y4tn.png

- Average Rate : 8,34 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Inco, @migsou, @MDNA22, @Andreo, @spinningaround )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @HC Charge, @Drum Dub, @desperateK )

Two great songs

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

#1 – Across the Sky

as4Y4tn.png

- Average Rate : 8,34 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Inco, @migsou, @MDNA22, @Andreo, @spinningaround )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @HC Charge, @Drum Dub, @desperateK )

I'm not surprised to see this one got the first spot, it's one of her best unreleased songs. Very well deserved!

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

Thank you for another amazing megarate, @Curtains

Unfortunately I couldn't be online for the results this time, but glad to see Madonna fans love Animal, I still cannot understand how Madonna listened to this song and thought "nah, pass, not gonna include it to Hard Candy", but here we are :)

Well, maybe because Hard Candy was hardly about sex (besides Candy Shop) whereas Animal sounded like SexyBack by JT vs Closer by NIN, but 20 years after JML & Erotica. Even if the song sounds really cool and efficient, she would probably have been crucified for coming back with another shocker with so little originality.

Always a pleasure to participate, even if I can’t believe Is This Love (Bon, D’accord) rated so low! It has the best melody of the bunch! 😂 I love her vocals. Yes, the haphazard and pointless French insert is cringeworthy, but it takes me somewhere that the other tracks don’t. Across The Sky is a great song though! I always thought Kate Bush could sing it as a ballad. Makes sense when you’re a little stoned in any case. 

On 10/3/2022 at 11:34 PM, chaosmen1984mk said:

Now it turns out that Missy Elliot is the "King Midas" of music and that she has the power to turn any song into a hit. So why didn't the same thing happen with the remixes of American Life in which she participated and which passed unnoticed?

I personally met Missy Elliot for the first time when she accompanied Madonna on Mtvs 2003 (in fact her participation went more unnoticed than Madonna's kiss with Christina Aguilera) and then I met her again thanks to the Levitating remix but I didn't know she was so popular and loved in her country as you say. But the fact that Missy Elliot is so popular does not justify the disrespect towards Madonna of making her believe that the part she recorded singing Lucky Star would be included in the song when in the end they did not even put a picture of her in the video. That is why I have stopped following Dua Lipa because I did not like that disloyal attitude towards Madonna at all.

You never heard this song before?

4 minutes ago, Inco said:

Few?  😭

Who knows how many I can do still. They'll probably go 'til early 2023 (Last Unreleased Tracks, Finally Enough Love, Videography, maybe even new tracks released in the reissues, a new album, or the tours). Then I might restart everything if people are interested in replaying.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic