MEGARATE: Unreleased (2002-2020) [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

On 10/4/2022 at 4:22 PM, Curtains said:

#10 – The Game

8lS2LGD.png

- Average Rate : 6,47 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @PlayPause )

- Lowest Rate : 2 ( @HC Charge )

Wow, this one deserved maybe #5 or #4, a wonderful track. 

Hey @dubtronic,besides Across The Sky,  you remixed this one too.  It was relesead in my blog 😘

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/4/2022 at 4:42 PM, Curtains said:

#6 – Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Original Remix)

lqgImFL.png

- Average Rate : 7,15 / 10

- Highest Rate : 10 ( @geert, @Drum Dub, @Steve Collins, @migsou, @d2-mac, @chaosmen1984mk )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @xrayeyes, @Nowheretohide )

I wonder why this Lucky Star part... well I'm still asking myself why Material  Girl is in GGW in MDNA tour...

7 hours ago, Inco said:

Wow, this one deserved maybe #5 or #4, a wonderful track. 

Hey @dubtronic,besides Across The Sky,  you remixed this one too.  It was relesead in my blog 😘

oh yes, I forgot. this was one of my old mash ups. i tend to forget them… you know, now I am really putting my own stamp on a track

On 10/5/2022 at 3:17 AM, PlayPause said:

haha. Dua Lipa did what she felt was right with her remix. You don't know that they disrespected her. It's part of the process. You record things and some parts get left out in the editing room.

Well, if I were Madonna I would have felt quite offended because the idea of including an excerpt from Lucky Star in Levitating (something she never did with any other artist) was Madonna herself. And she did it Probably excited not only with the idea of using this song as a means to make herself known to the young public but also to popularize one of her greatest hits (Lucky Star) among young people. But it must have been a bitter surprise for Madonna to learn that, practically, they threw away that excerpt from Lucky Star that she sang with such passion.

Was this the reason why she decided not to participate in the Levitating video? Perhaps this contempt for her music (Lucky Star) caused her to distance herself from Dua Lipa? Fortunately, thanks to the signs, we can draw conclusions that would never be officially recognized by the protagonists. And it's all very obvious to me.

Boum and Feeling so Crazy in the last places? I'm glad because they always seemed like bad songs to me: the first one seems to me to be a very silly song and the second very insipid although to some they will seem like masterpieces of music and that is why they will have been given an 11 score but as far as I am concerned I would have given a zero.

My disappointment begins when I see The Game, Set the right and Miss you occupying such low places and on the other hand songs with structures as repetitive and tedious as Latte and Animal occupying the first places. I can't deny that they have a good melody but it's the lousy production that ends up ruining them. And when I find out that Timbaland was the producer of these songs, everything starts to make sense. Perhaps the story would have been different if Diplo had been the producer of these songs because I see them integrating very well with the sound of the Rebel Heart album, one of my favorite albums by the way

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Well, if I were Madonna I would have felt quite offended because the idea of including an excerpt from Lucky Star in Levitating (something she never did with any other artist) was Madonna herself. And she did it Probably excited not only with the idea of using this song as a means to make herself known to the young public but also to popularize one of her greatest hits (Lucky Star) among young people. But it must have been a bitter surprise for Madonna to learn that, practically, they threw away that excerpt from Lucky Star that she sang with such passion.

Was this the reason why she decided not to participate in the Levitating video? Perhaps this contempt for her music (Lucky Star) caused her to distance herself from Dua Lipa? Fortunately, thanks to the signs, we can draw conclusions that would never be officially recognized by the protagonists. And it's all very obvious to me.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I had no idea that the one who sang that song was Missy Elliot. I remember that this song had a moderate diffusion in the radio stations of my country but I never got to see the video and for that reason I could not recognize her during her insignificant participation in the Mtvs of 2003 accompanying Madonna who, by the way, was the only one that stole the show that night and that to this day, when the media talk about that performance, they only mention Madonna and Britney, leaving the other two guests totally unnoticed.

By the way, I was surprised to see Missy Elliot's physical change when I saw her in Levitating. I remembered her with many more kilos of weight, how did she lose them and become so thin? She probably had half of her stomach reduced through surgery, something many overweight people resort to who can't diet because they're used to junk food. How good for Missy because being overweight will never mean something positive as it implies less life expectancy among this group of people. Good for her.

excuse me?

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Speaking of Latte… @Curtains, hasn’t enough time passed to finally give us the one missing version of Pala Tute/Latte? 😅 I love Mix 3 but the chopped chorus is driving me nuts. It’s time we finally get to hear what it’s meant to sound like 🥲

I was told not to leak it when I initially got it. Time passed since then though so I'll see what I can do. I can't 100% guarantee I'll be able to share it.

If I have to give a description though, the leaked Mix 2 version IS the real Mix 2 with its instrumental dubbed (the intro was made longer and some slight elements were added on top from the ProTools). The instrumental of the real Mix 2 is very similar to Mix 3, though there are slight differences in the volumes as well as some elements not present in the final version. The main difference is of course the main chorus, which isn't chopped like in the final mix. There are no Justin Timberlake background vocals in the bridge as well.

10 hours ago, Curtains said:

I was told not to leak it when I initially got it. Time passed since then though so I'll see what I can do. I can't 100% guarantee I'll be able to share it.

If I have to give a description though, the leaked Mix 2 version IS the real Mix 2 with its instrumental dubbed (the intro was made longer and some slight elements were added on top from the ProTools). The instrumental of the real Mix 2 is very similar to Mix 3, though there are slight differences in the volumes as well as some elements not present in the final version. The main difference is of course the main chorus, which isn't chopped like in the final mix. There are no Justin Timberlake background vocals in the bridge as well.

It’s the only thing missing from the full set, if I remember correctly. Madonna Remixology even lists it under “leaked”, so I’m assuming that at this point…no one is gonna care really.

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2022 at 4:28 PM, Curtains said:

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I've organized a megarate for every single Madonna album. It's now time to rate tracks that are a little bit more obscure...

lCsetRf.jpg

Let's now see how the unreleased tracks from 2002 to 2020 (minus the Rebel Heart sessions, since that was already covered) compete with each other.

Rules:

- Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition.

- Rate each song from 1 to 10. You are allowed to give the same rate to multiple songs.

- Decimals are allowed only up to the hundredth (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WHEN YOU CAN IN ORDER TO AVOID TIES).

- You are allowed to give one 0 and one 11 (OPTIONAL).

- Send your rates to me by personal messenger before October 3rd, NOT in the thread.

Results:

#1 - 8,34 – Across the Sky

#2 - 8,18 – Animal

#3 - 8,09 – Triggering

#4 – 7,42 – Latte

#5 – 7,30 – Keep the Trance

#6 - 7,15 – Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Original Remix)

#7 – 7,09 – I’m In Love with Love

#8 – 6,99 – Set the Right

#9 – 6,81 – Miss You

#10 – 6,47 – The Game

#11 – 6,44 – Is This Love (Bon D’Accord)

#12 – 5,90 – Boum

#13 – 5,87 – If You Go Away

#14 – 5,72 – Feeling So Crazy

Good luck to everyone! :)

Well it's good to see some of these made it high up on the list like across the sky is probably one of the most insane songs to be overlooked from Hard Candy especially seeing is that songs like candy shop and Spanish lessons made it on the album but that didn't, and Latte just were overlooked in the end. It's crazy but I would have loved to have heard releases of triggering and I'm in love with love especially if I'm in love with love was done with Stuart price or William orbit. I'm in love with love actually would have been great with all of it because if you look at run, which is one of my favorite unreleased tracks, it could have really had potential and could have been a single which run to me being overlooked as well as whatever baby blue jay was is just sacrilegious sounding to get caught up in that but look at Liquid Love. That song not being released officially is just so beyond me I'm confused with what she thinks when she fix one truck over another. Like I love what she did with I love New York even though I think the demo that was on the first draft of the album was the best, not the one that was in I'm going to tell you a secret but the one that kind of put the final version and snip it parts of the documentary version together was the one she should have released, but I think orbit should have had more to do with confessions in the end. I know that there was a confessions version of liquid love, as well as a version where run and with love were intertwined and the music for run was somewhat remixed with the vocals of liquid love put over it but I think had that as well as Williams take on I'm in love with love would have been amazing! I mean I would have taken it being finished with price as well but William always seems to do it right. I just would love to know also for MDNA, the tracks William orbit spoke of that apparently never were even released even though he said Chris Brown was going to have those tracks which he never did, and I'm wondering if Run was one of them, as the instrumental remake was on his album that came out after Madonna's album had come out so it would have been cool to have heard it in that form as well but William orbit is a music production genius and I feel like his sound never grows old because it's not always quite the same but it definitely keeps up with that whole planetary and watery feel. She needs to definitely work with him on the soundtrack for the documentary or at least include him in the next album because if she's going to do house music he's definitely great for that. By the way are there any news updates when it comes to how the new album is coming on?

On 9/18/2022 at 4:28 PM, Curtains said:

Hi everyone ! Since we'll soon be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I've organized a megarate for every single Madonna album. It's now time to rate tracks that are a little bit more obscure...

lCsetRf.jpg

Let's now see how the unreleased tracks from 2002 to 2020 (minus the Rebel Heart sessions, since that was already covered) compete with each other.

Rules:

- Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition.

- Rate each song from 1 to 10. You are allowed to give the same rate to multiple songs.

- Decimals are allowed only up to the hundredth (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WHEN YOU CAN IN ORDER TO AVOID TIES).

- You are allowed to give one 0 and one 11 (OPTIONAL).

- Send your rates to me by personal messenger before October 3rd, NOT in the thread.

Results:

#1 - 8,34 – Across the Sky

#2 - 8,18 – Animal

#3 - 8,09 – Triggering

#4 – 7,42 – Latte

#5 – 7,30 – Keep the Trance

#6 - 7,15 – Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Original Remix)

#7 – 7,09 – I’m In Love with Love

#8 – 6,99 – Set the Right

#9 – 6,81 – Miss You

#10 – 6,47 – The Game

#11 – 6,44 – Is This Love (Bon D’Accord)

#12 – 5,90 – Boum

#13 – 5,87 – If You Go Away

#14 – 5,72 – Feeling So Crazy

Good luck to everyone! :)

what tracks