Classic Pop Magazine - "Madonna recorded a collaboration for "The Painter" of W. Orbit" + Interview W Orbit about ROL and Madonna

Askeroff

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Fighter - the previous admin guy on here says that Ms team reached out to him and warned him the forum would be shut down if anyone leaked that song on Minfinty - he says it was the only time her team ever contacted him ( I’m pretty sure that was the story in a nutshell ) I don’t know what was so special about that song and the dozens of other songs that leaked on here from the same era but would love to know why ??

Didn’t it happen fairly fresh after the rebel heart leaks? That would explain why….

10 hours ago, Humanfly said:

how about throughout all time william orbit is nothing without Madonna there i said it same with Mirwais no one would have ever ever heard disco science without her. Let's not be modest Madonna MADE both of these producers and you are welcome in advance 

This may be true to an extent however both William Orbit and Mirwais's work helped invigorate her career and allowed her to gain new found credibility for her music. Maybe without them she would have found someone else as innovative and interesting however maybe she would not have.  So I think they both deserve a lot of credit for the work they did. It was unlike anything anyone in the pop world was doing at that time.

3 hours ago, drivebitch said:

She’ll never speak to him again after he trashed her non-stop for one week straight on social media saying she did no work in the studio, blamed her for MNDA bombing, and left everything up to them to complete without her. He’s using her name to get attention. 

I doubt she’d hold a grudge against him. Everything he said appears to be true.

Also I think he has every right to talk about her or anyone else he’s worked with in interviews when promoting himself. That’s part of his career and story. Every interviewer is going to ask about her.

17 hours ago, Humanfly said:

how about throughout all time william orbit is nothing without Madonna there i said it same with Mirwais no one would have ever ever heard disco science without her. Let's not be modest Madonna MADE both of these producers and you are welcome in advance 

She needed them just as much as they need her. They benefited hugely from each other.

I will always love what Orbit did in the 90s and early 00s. I so wish he'd upload Spiral to Spotify already!

By the way, does anybody have this article in full please?

22 hours ago, Humanfly said:

Let’s be honest, Madonna didn’t make Mirwais. She put a name out there for him, but he rarely ever works with other artists. Hes very stubborn. He’s mentioned numerous times through the yrs that he’s turned down many big name artists, all because “once you work with Madonna, there’s no one bigger than that.”

On 9/19/2022 at 7:31 PM, cosmic_system said:

Arioso, without Madonna, was already released on Pieces In A Modern Style 2 a decade and more ago so it’s not that for sure. I also don’t think it’s something she did recently, since he said in a new interview that he doesn’t know where they stand now after his 2012 breakdown about MDNA.

"Arioso" first rework was released on the album "Hello Waveform" in 2006 as " Who Owns the Octopus" ;-)

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2022 at 9:27 PM, drivebitch said:

She’ll never speak to him again after he trashed her non-stop for one week straight on social media saying she did no work in the studio, blamed her for MNDA bombing, and left everything up to them to complete without her. He’s using her name to get attention. 

He only really said that her attention was divided amongst selling perfume +clothing and making music.  He didn't really trash her.  He only stated that he wanted more time with her.  The Orbit music on the album is still the best.  MDNA actually has a lot of great songs.  The Orbit demos that have leaked for Some Girls, Gang Bang, I'm a Sinner, Love Spent and I'm a Sinner are quite good.  We almost got a sixties infused album.  

On 9/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, deathproof said:

Let’s be honest, Madonna didn’t make Mirwais. She put a name out there for him, but he rarely ever works with other artists. Hes very stubborn. He’s mentioned numerous times through the yrs that he’s turned down many big name artists, all because “once you work with Madonna, there’s no one bigger than that.”

But she did make Mirwais.  We would not even be talking about him without his work with M.  Much of it is brilliant but she brought the attention.  

18 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

But she did make Mirwais.  We would not even be talking about him without his work with M.  Much of it is brilliant but she brought the attention.  

Sorry but there’s no attention outside this forum, despite the fact how much I love all of his work, he’s not at the same level as Stuart or Orbit. He didn’t bother to work for that same career path. He could have worked with various acts through the years, but declined.

29 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Madonna made everyone. She even made Michael Jackson. Period.

I've been a member of various fan forums since 1998.... I've literally seen fans claim that she put Marilyn Monroe in the spotlight, because Marilyn was unknown until Madonna started referencing her.

I can only imagine how obnoxious Madonna fans would have been if Twitter had existed in her prime