Record Store Day - Everybody November 25, 2022

RUADJAI

Everything that needed to be said was said in this locked thread a fortnight ago. I greatly respect Madonna Infinity's moderation work, but I think the original thread should be linked and not forgotten, for better or for worse, like it or not. It is always good to learn from past mistakes. Both us and the other party (M's staff, Emily or whoever, you know...).

Madonna – “Everybody (40th Anniversary)”
Limited Edition of 20,000 copies on 12” 180-gram vinyl.

This vinyl reissue celebrates the 40th anniversary of Madonna’s debut single, “Everybody,” released on October 6, 1982. Originally produced by Mark Kamins, the single includes 12” and Dub versions of the track, both newly remastered. Also features brand new sleeve artwork, exclusive to this anniversary release.

Tracklist:

Side A:
Everybody (12” Version – 2022 Remaster) – 5:56

Side B:
Everybody (Dub Version – 2022 Remaster) – 9:23

Event: BLACK FRIDAY 2022
Release Date: 25th November 2022
Format: 12″ Vinyl
Label: Rhino
Quantity: 20000
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release.

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

What happened to my other thread?

2 hours ago, Bermu said:

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread for this... What the hell kinda name is that!@# 

I honestly forgot all about this fiasco. But I wanted to highlight the upcoming release and un-highlight the music video that divides. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Record Store Day - Everybody November 25, 2022
16 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

I hope we get something else for this 40th anniversary i mean its pretty important is it not ..i dont know some good news about the upcoming re issues or something 

I think that's why this release has gotten such a bad rap so far... everyone is waiting for those big box sets and unreleased material that anything being released right now pales in comparison and is judged harshly. 

19 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I think that's why this release has gotten such a bad rap so far... everyone is waiting for those big box sets and unreleased material that anything being released right now pales in comparison and is judged harshly. 

Totally agree! Who wants half a glass of wine, when what you want is the full bottle?

6 hours ago, Simonsays said:

40 years since her first release deserves so much more though- i would love everybody koko performance and girlie show performance remastered on youtube - i will be disappointed if this is just it - it doesn't say much about the future releases i have a bad feeling a lot of fans are going to feel let down by it all because Madonnas heart is not in looking back on her work - she just does not care for these type of things so i think fans who are hoping for some rare demos etc etc will be disappointed and this will include me ...she prob wont even acknowledge it on instagram 

We might be getting more.  This is just a Record Store Day item.  Fun but certainly not the "expanded, personally curated" selections to come.  

14 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Also because everyone thought this was " Danceteria" by Lisa Powerhouse and were expecting some demo EP or such

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic