Record Store Day - Everybody November 25, 2022

RUADJAI

I think all the remixes will be on iTunes and streaming at the same time as the Record Store Day 12”. That way she might get a chart position, particularly in the UK. Everybody is the only Warners single not to chart in the UK. 12” sales + digital remixes might get it in the charts for the first time. 

Edited by planetbenjamin (see edit history)

On 10/6/2022 at 11:44 PM, steady75 said:

For fucks sake Emily

Why the hell does the date say 2020 and not 2022.

Its the 40th anniversary it's basic maths!!!

Who the fuck is running this shit?

boils my piss. 

Maybe it’s cause they have curated this single release (along with the other ones that haven’t been released yet) in 2020? It will get changed to 1982 after a while anyway.

We know for a fact that the Fever and LDLHA Extended EPs are sitting in their drawers because they decided to postpone their releases.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:44 PM, steady75 said:

For fucks sake Emily

Why the hell does the date say 2020 and not 2022.

Its the 40th anniversary it's basic maths!!!

Who the fuck is running this shit?

boils my piss. 

Apparently Emily reuploaded the teaser with the correct year, but this time forgot to remove the link from the video title when she did copy/paste it... 🤦🏻‍♂️ Poor girl she’s so much stressed and the proper reissue campaign hasn’t started yet 💅🏼

7 hours ago, The Ghost said:

Stupid Question here,   I keep seeing this everywhere....   Who the hell is Emily :) LOL

It’s just a made up name for the alleged intern doing all the digital releases, HD video upscales etc.

In reality it’s probably that guy that runs the fan club doing all this stuff. Or Ricardo.

• 3 weeks later...

"Everybody" is a very special song for any fan because it represents the beginning of this whole adventure that we are living with Madonna until today. That is why for me it has a very special value and I would be unable to minimize or make jokes in bad taste about this song. "Everybody" symbolizes the hopes of a young and innocent Madonna who dreamed of world fame and money. And fate and good luck were definitely on her side because the song became a hit in the clubs and her name began to be mentioned in music magazines. It was the musical birth of a legendary artist who would leave an important mark on music and that many singers have tried to erase to this day but without success.

Something that always surprised me was the decision not to put Madonna's face on the album cover. Something perhaps understandable in cases where the singers are uglier than a scarecrow but it was about Madonna whose beauty was undeniable in those years and I think that the song would have been more successful if they had put her beautiful face on the cover and, even better, all that confusion of believing that Madonna was a black woman would have been avoided. A bad decision for which to this day I find no explanation.

1982-everybody-7-spa-3.thumb.jpg.cea17ed99a85bbf0fb07a565820d4fb0.jpg

6 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

"Everybody" is a very special song for any fan because it represents the beginning of this whole adventure that we are living with Madonna until today. That is why for me it has a very special value and I would be unable to minimize or make jokes in bad taste about this song. "Everybody" symbolizes the hopes of a young and innocent Madonna who dreamed of world fame and money. And fate and good luck were definitely on her side because the song became a hit in the clubs and her name began to be mentioned in music magazines. It was the musical birth of a legendary artist who would leave an important mark on music and that many singers have tried to erase to this day but without success.

Something that always surprised me was the decision not to put Madonna's face on the album cover. Something perhaps understandable in cases where the singers are uglier than a scarecrow but it was about Madonna whose beauty was undeniable in those years and I think that the song would have been more successful if they had put her beautiful face on the cover and, even better, all that confusion of believing that Madonna was a black woman would have been avoided. A bad decision for which to this day I find no explanation.

1982-everybody-7-spa-3.thumb.jpg.cea17ed99a85bbf0fb07a565820d4fb0.jpg

"Everybody" is a cute catchy pop song and the perfect starting point for her ("Dance and sing, get up and do your thing!").

About the cover - Michael Rosenblatt, her A&R at the time, decided it to to it that way:

"I didn’t want her picture on the cover of the “Everybody” single, because I thought I could get a lot of R&B play on that record, because a lot of people thought she was black."

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/how-madonna-became-madonna-an-oral-history-94288/

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Is it just me or do they seem to be pressing more of these Madonna releases than they did previously?

Definitely. The True Blue and La. Isla EPs were 13,000 & 12,500 and are all still readily available. 

WTG was 15,000 and there's 113 copies for sale on Discogs. Now Everybody at 20,000. 

I've lost interest in RSD now. It used to be genuinely limited rarities, now it's just a big money grab. I scoured the internet to get Belinda Carlisle Heaven on Earth Tour, nearly everywhere had 'sold out'. It was limited to 2,000 yet months later there's 56 for sale on Discogs, mostly from indie record stores 🤔

20 minutes ago, Lisa Powerhouse said:

Definitely. The True Blue and La. Isla EPs were 13,000 & 12,500 and are all still readily available. 

WTG was 15,000 and there's 113 copies for sale on Discogs. Now Everybody at 20,000. 

I've lost interest in RSD now. It used to be genuinely limited rarities, now it's just a big money grab. I scoured the internet to get Belinda Carlisle Heaven on Earth Tour, nearly everywhere had 'sold out'. It was limited to 2,000 yet months later there's 56 for sale on Discogs, mostly from indie record stores 🤔

A record store owner told me a few years ago that he resented RSD because it was so hyped and he’d order in copies of things that were supposedly limited and sought after that would end up stuck on the shelves impossible to sell.

5 hours ago, Spanky1995 said:

Well the Rhino  update says 20k

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Is it just me or do they seem to be pressing more of these Madonna releases than they did previously?

That’s a ridiculous number for something nobody wants. Especially the regular customers.

They’ll probably sell a couple thousands. I really hope the stores are gonna be smart enough to just order a few copies and leave Rhino stuck with most of them.

These should not be more than a 2500 limited run.