Record Store Day - Everybody November 25, 2022

RUADJAI

3 hours ago, Lisa Powerhouse said:

Definitely. The True Blue and La. Isla EPs were 13,000 & 12,500 and are all still readily available. 

WTG was 15,000 and there's 113 copies for sale on Discogs. Now Everybody at 20,000. 

I've lost interest in RSD now. It used to be genuinely limited rarities, now it's just a big money grab. I scoured the internet to get Belinda Carlisle Heaven on Earth Tour, nearly everywhere had 'sold out'. It was limited to 2,000 yet months later there's 56 for sale on Discogs, mostly from indie record stores 🤔

You’re forgetting the useless I Rise release that was 4000 and it’s also still easy to get. 

Fans do it better,
I prefer this photo as cover

madonna-blonde-ambition.jpg

And a more extend tracklist

The new remastered versions on from US remix on side A and the UK ones on side B.

Side A
1. Extended Version/12" Version - 2022 remaster
2. Dub Version - 2022 remaster
Side B
1. UK 12" Mix With Intro
2. UK 12 " Dub

On 11/16/2022 at 5:55 PM, TOpher said:

The record store I go to in Toronto for RSD have all the copies of RSD releases, except the ones I bought, still in stock. I’m the only one who goes in for Madonna 😂

used to be that way for me in Halifax, now 2 other gays have discovered RSD..it's a competition now who lines up first. lol

I remember the original 12" of Everybody being available for a long time (in the early 00's) in a lot of record store in Paris, Tower on Broadway and in London. It was funny because it's her first and it was like the most available. I always wondered if Warner had made new prints aroud 85 or 90 to have that many copies wherever i went.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I remember the original 12" of Everybody being available for a long time (in the early 00's) in a lot of record store in Paris, Tower on Broadway and in London. It was funny because it's her first and it was like the most available. I always wondered if Warner had made new prints aroud 85 or 90 to have that many copies wherever i went.

I remember buying mint/sealed Madonna singles around 1994 or 1995. That is the last wave of USA 12" single reprints that I can remember seeing in stores. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine WB reprinting any in the early 00's unless they uncovered old stock or the record chain did? 

6 minutes ago, captainjay said:

I remember buying mint/sealed Madonna singles around 1994 or 1995. That is the last wave of USA 12" single reprints that I can remember seeing in stores. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine WB reprinting any in the early 00's unless they uncovered old stock or the record chain did? 

I wonder too. They were more easily available than more recent 12" (i'm talking about mint & sealed records not second hand)