Erotica 30th Anniversary October 20th, 2022

RUADJAI

Wasn’t a huge fan of the album upon first listen - I found a lot of it very cold and almost sterile and I remember hating the erotica video thinking it was too dark and sleazy . Loved bad girl, rain and words the most when I first heard them but didn’t like much else . As with all Madonna albums it took a few listens to grow on me and then of course we got amazing videos to bad girl , rain and deeper - fever was ok and then of course the backlash , dreadful BOE movie and then all was forgiven with the girlie show . Now I really appreciate most of the songs ( I still hate thief of hearts and DYDI) but love Shame and the various versions of goodbye to innocence. It’s probably in my top 5 fave albums and I have a serious obsession with the bad girl video 🥰

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ha... I hated Thief of Hearts in 1992. But playing it like it was the first part of the story of "Gang Bang", I really started to love it.

BITCH

You'll do it
You'll take it
You'll screw it
You'll fake it
Undo it
You'll break it
You're over, you can't take it

Dance Dancing GIF

I swear, the song is so addicting.

13 hours ago, Roy said:

I swear, the song is so addicting.

Yes, It is.  But to me, in 1992, the song was too noisy. Now I love it. It's a classic in me: many Madonna' songs don't like at first but after a time I love them with passion. This happened to me even with "Express Yourself" and that song (well, the Shep's remix and the video) turned me into a hardcore fan!!!!! 

Her most creative era. She understood perfectly the link between pop-art and consummerism. That was her playground, and both SEX and EROTICA reflected this. Not only was she her "own work of art." By 1992 She'd  become a product as well. The packaging illustrated this. She had a great and naugthy sense of humour. Love her.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, Simonsays said:

i think erotica is going to be the first album of the reissue campaign - she is throwing out wayy too many hints 

secret garden played in one of her stories along with a lyric sheet 

then we got her saying " i already named her - dita " about her alter ego 

then the absolute slut fest lesbo hung up remix video with the tooth etc 

i also think she will go for a house sound with the song or songs she is doing with sickdick 

imagine she is going to reinvent her image for each reissue to give a nod to the image she had for the albums

I wish you were right but I’m not going to hold my breath 

On 10/6/2022 at 5:49 AM, Simonsays said:

i think erotica is going to be the first album of the reissue campaign - she is throwing out wayy too many hints 

i also think she will go for a house sound with the song or songs she is doing with sickdick 

imagine she is going to reinvent her image for each reissue to give a nod to the image she had for the albums

I wish all of this is true, it makes perfectly sense tbh, I just lost 90% of my hope on Erotica being celebrated because of their messy plans 😭 

20 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Can you imagine them skipping both Erotica 30th and ROL 25 to wait for the debut album?! I would be so mad!!! :rip:

The fact they'll be doing NOTHING but the picture disc reissue for Erotica 30th... The most important moment in pop culture history ignored once again

JhUH.gif 

28 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

The fact they'll be doing NOTHING but the picture disc reissue for Erotica 30th... The most important moment in pop culture history ignored once again

JhUH.gif 

If they do this fr, the debut album reissue must be the most overwhelming surprise we ever got this far in order to justify the ROL and Erotica snub, because I really can't see interesting shit in that album over these two which are legitimately legendary. Seriously wtf cares of Debut once you snubbed these two... 

On 10/5/2022 at 11:49 PM, Simonsays said:

Your logic makes sense but I doubt it. The press release for the picture disc suggests that’s all we’re getting. 
I do hope they’ll surprise us and drop it on the anniversary together with preorder links

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Confirmed on her Instagram stories that more HD videos and digital singles from "Erotica" are coming this Fall, to celebrate the 30th anniversary.

About time.

That's good. It will be good to get all the singles with their proper covers rather than what they did for True Blue.