Erotica 30th Anniversary October 20th, 2022

RUADJAI

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erotica will stand the test of time, a sublime moment both as an album and a cultural shift. Even if this is not your favorite Madonna record to return to on a regular basis, I think we can all agree that the scope of her vision and her songwriting during this era was at one of its all time peaks. Happy Anniversary to one of the most important albums of all time, an album that will always be associated with artistic creativity and freedom of expression in my mind. 

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

I love the Erotica era so much.  So many missed Madonna's message thirty years ago (many still miss the message).  Erotica is about love and freedom, not sex.  Erotica is about empowerment and breaking socio-political boundaries.  Erotica is about escaping guilt and decimating stained glass prisons.  Erotica is about falling in love.  Erotica is about unlocking doors. Erotica is a victor's march.  Erotica was Madonna's sacrifice for "the least of these".  Erotica gave a voice to the quietest groups among us.  Erotica was a collection of hopes and dreams.  Erotica was a call for the end of all wars, inside and out.  Erotica made me feel loved when no one else did, including those in my inner circle.   Erotica was a love song for one's own person and others.  Erotica was a friend that would never abandon a lost soul.  Erotica was the purest light in the darkest of days for so many human beings.  Erotica will forever be burned in to my heart!  Happy 30th birthday Dita.  I love you!

That was beautiful. You have a wonderful way with words. ❤️

Maybe cause I see it more for its musical value than hystorical and bla bla ...I never liked it, for me she changed so much from one album to another, and here for the worst, after the very organic and warm LAP this feel cold and sterile. I enjoy some songs, but as a whole era, I don´t like it either, she seemed like very narcisistic and mean. I prefer her much latter on her carreer. Do I not get the point? Maybe, but not a great album for me by any means. Its too long, not very well sung, not very good songs, not great production, although some videoclips are amazing and she looks amazing on Rain. And was in great shape for the tour, with this I agree.

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Maybe cause I see it more for its musical value than hystorical and bla bla ...I never liked it, for me she changed so much from one album to another, and here for the worst, after the very organic and warm LAP this feel cold and sterile. I enjoy some songs, but as a whole era, I don´t like it either, she seemed like very narcisistic and mean. I prefer her much latter on her carreer. Do I not get the point? Maybe, but not a great album for me by any means. Its too long, not very well sung, not very good songs, not great production, although some videoclips are amazing and she looks amazing on Rain. And was in great shape for the tour, with this I agree.

I know what you mean: after I'm Breathless and Like A Prayer it was a shock for me to hear her sing so nasally and weak. But I really loved (and still love) the musical production, which I think made up for it. But I was disappointed that no song produced by André Betts was released as a single (or ever sung live). Waiting should have been a single! 

10 hours ago, Sergio Guarino said:

It’s all Melissa’s fault! She put it out first in 1984, helped by Moroder, Jellybean and Michael Hutchinson! That is why M refused to release it ! 🤣

image.jpeg.0c3dc9886375f9c862b7b5627949de65.jpeg

Well that explains everything.

Melissa is probably the reason we got Fever instead... ;)

4 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Maybe cause I see it more for its musical value than hystorical and bla bla ...I never liked it, for me she changed so much from one album to another, and here for the worst, after the very organic and warm LAP this feel cold and sterile. I enjoy some songs, but as a whole era, I don´t like it either, she seemed like very narcisistic and mean. I prefer her much latter on her carreer. Do I not get the point? Maybe, but not a great album for me by any means. Its too long, not very well sung, not very good songs, not great production

200.gif