New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

She said she wants to tour in the future, in stadiums, what are you thoughts about it? Should she perform like she's used to? slow it down maybe? make the show smaller in length? Will she fix or ruin even more her reputation as a performer? Her last few performances have received a lot of negativity from the GP. From Eurovision, to the Maluma perfornace few months ago.

I do think she could still put on a great show if she experiments complex, glamourous and evocative theatrics to create strong performances, spectacular and charismatic as they used to be, with a lower dance effort. Iconic and Heartbreak City from the RHT and Frozen or Extreme Occident from MX are good examples. Another huge possibility, left out for a very long time now, is to enhance the musical impact of her songs, realizing more creative and explorative arrangements that valorize the live instrumentation and vocal sound (the best example for that is the Girlie Show imo). The Dark Ballet rendition at Harlem, with Jon Batiste,  was fire for me.

She has a lot of tracks that can still be performed live with a huge potential, like Frozen, Like a Prayer, Rain, La isla bonita, Rebel Heart, Borderline, Live to Tell and I could go on. The point is chosing a set list where the "get into the groove" M gets the stage for two or three tracks (stuff like Holiday, Music, Hung up) - wich would also be good in terms of silly costumes risk - and releasing some good new tunes that propose a more mature and experimental sound. So imo she could still put on an excellent show, absolutely, but she doesn't seem to be going that way, that's all.

Madame X was a step on a good direction for less demanding but more theatrical shows. I think she can do it like that for another decade at least if she trains a little bit here and there. 

Madame X Tour was a little boring though. I got the concept, but not really well executed in the end. If it's a funny show, with hits and not the obvious ones (Vogue, Like a prayer, La isla, Human nature and Like a virgin, please, have a rest) it could be a memorable ride! 

Good instruments, ditch Kevin Tuna and less leather, religious, latin sections, and new things, and everyone will be happy! 

I’ll say this first, I will attend any show she puts out , now with that being said? Her massive stadium tours are well behind her, she’ll be lucky if she could even sell out one date in any city in an arena and it’s all because of one thing, her disrespect and disregard for her fans and their time by showing up 3-4 hours late, people WILL NOT FORGET THIS-PERIOD! Nonetheless, I’ll be there all the same with the few fans she has left. 

I want what she doesn't.  A true Greatest Hits tour complete with iconic costume/hair recreations/interpretations. Like Cher does. I don't care that's what I and the general public wants. Sorry M it's time. Put out a new album to coincide and open and close with a new song. Give us the hits, the costumes and a show directed by someone else.

Nah. She can do it. Bish was moving wild during RH Tour in her late 50s so. I dunno. Yall want a boring ass performer...go see Elton John, Bette Midler, or watch Britney move her hair and go "ohhhh ya" and lip synch.

She will oil the knees and the hip "just you wait" booz

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

U2 and the Rolling Stones are doing stadiums and arenas even though they haven't had a hit in 20 or 30 years, mostly sold out.

So now what?

Yeah well none of those have absolutely annihilated their own legacy.

I can’t imagine she will ever tour stadiums again, or even sell out an arena in the UK to be honest. Pretty much nobody I know ever has a positive word to say about modern day Madonna… 

I wouldn’t pay to watch a mostly lipped or live auto tuned performance like MXT. No thank you.

For me she should have ended performing after RHT…. But no doubt she will try again and subsequently suck like every performance she’s done in years. 

I do want to see her live! I don't care that she sings with playback all the time or that the choreographies aren't perfect or that she forgets the lyrics or that her costumes are horrible or that she's 5 hours late, what I want is to see her!! Being with her in the same space and having the opportunity to shake her hand and keep that beautiful memory until the end of my days.:cry:

Well, and about the tour, I'm realistic and I don't expect great choreographies but similar to what we saw in Pride and performances where she exploits her stage presence as we saw in Bye bye baby, Sooner or Later, Justify my love, Crazy, etc. Or also where she uses her body elasticity to impress the public as we saw in Like a Virgin on the Mdna Tour, and finally interact a lot with the public as in the Rebel Heart Tour where she left that diva image and seemed like one of us. And finally that she respects the original version of her songs but adding new sounds to them and not altering their essence as happened with Open your heart on the Mdna Tour or Borderline on the Sticky and Sweet Tour that I'm sure the public prefers to hear the original version and not new versions that end up affecting the nostalgia for listening to the versions as we originally knew them.

• stevemic changed the title to Madonna Stadium Tour 2023
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic