New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

• stevemic changed the title to Madonna Stadium Tour 2023

I don't know what others think but as for myself, nothing sounds better than the biopic being canceled. Too much work and delay for what was ultimately going to be far from objective and a likely disaster with Madonna so involved in its creation. Now she can focus her energies on getting back in shape for performing and creating a new album.

A 2023 tour doesn't necessarily mean the biopic is cancelled. Maybe it's just delayed until 2024 cause Julia's schedule is already full for next year?

Anyway, if she tours stadiums next year this is my bet:

)|( Ray Of Light - 25th Anniversary Tour )|(

rol_tour_02_500.jpg

Makes total sense:

- Guy Oseary has talked before about trying to convince her to do it for years. 2023 is the 25th anniversary.

- It's her most acclaimed and respected album and maybe her last chance to get the general public back on board.

- A proper 1999 tour never happened, so it can be marketed that way: a "Ray Of Light" own album tour never happened, so now it's time to honor the legendary 1998 album, bla bla.

- For the most part, it's a "slow" album that she can perform with all the artistic stuff but no complicated dance moves. She can mix the original versions with the new ones and/or remixes, for instance the original "Frozen" performed and "Frozen" Sickick remix as an interlude, just like "Sorry" and "Sorry" remix on the "Confessions Tour".

- A Deluxe Remastered expanded edition can come out in March 2023 and then the world tour in May-June until November 2023.

She would need to focus more on her vocals, though, if that kind of tour happens.

Exciting anyway... let's see!

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

A 2023 tour doesn't necessarily mean the biopic is cancelled. Maybe it's just delayed until 2024 cause Julia's schedule is already full for next year?

rol_tour_02_500.jpg

Makes total sense:

- Guy Oseary has talked before about trying to convince her to do it for years. 2023 is the 25th anniversary.

- It's her most acclaimed and respected album and maybe her last chance to get the general public back on board.

- A proper 1999 tour never happened, so it can be marketed that way: a "Ray Of Light" own album tour never happened, so now it's time to honor the legendary 1998 album, bla bla.

- For the most part, it's a "slow" album that she can perform with all the artistic stuff but no complicated dance moves. She can mix the original versions with the new ones and/or remixes, for instance the original "Frozen" performed and "Frozen" Sickick remix as an interlude, just like "Sorry" and "Sorry" remix on the "Confessions Tour".

- A Deluxe Remastered expanded edition can come out in March 2023 and then the world tour in May-June until November 2023.

She would need to focus more on her vocals, though, if that kind of tour happens.

ROL is my fave but I hate this idea. I know U2 did it but the whole idea is cringe worthy. I’d much rather a hits tour.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

rol_tour_02_500.jpg

Makes total sense:

Is Ray of light really that popular and well remembered among the general public? I think a hits tour would be much easier to sell. Also it would be better to promote #Madonna40 than #RayOfLight25

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Is Ray of light really that popular and well remembered among the general public? I think a hits tour would be much easier to sell. Also it would be better to promote #Madonna40 than #RayOfLight25

Agreed. Love Ray of Light and I do think it’s well remembered but it’s not her most remembered period. That belongs to LAV, True Blue and everything from 1989-1991.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

ROL is my fave but I hate this idea. I know U2 did it but the whole idea is cringe worthy. I’d much rather a hits tour.

She can't sell out stadiums with new music at the moment, so really this is her only chance for a big stadium tour. Not only U2, many other legacy artists do it, I'm thinking of Alanis now too:

79130296_10156780587916794_3374893822688

Jagged Little Pill 25th anniversary tour, later delayed to 2021 & 2022, of course.

It's a greatest hits tour anyway, I'm sure other super big classics like "Like A Prayer", "Music" or "Vogue" would be included. Alanis always includes "Thank U", for instance and other songs like "Hands Clean", or from the last album.

But using the album anniversary is a good excuse to get people back on board. Nostalgia sells tickets.

Just now, Prayer said:

She can't sell out stadiums with new music at the moment, so really this is her only chance for a big stadium tour. Not only U2, many other legacy artists do it, I'm thinking of Alanis now too:

79130296_10156780587916794_3374893822688

Jagged Little Pill 25th anniversary tour, later delayed to 2021 & 2022, of course.

It's a greatest hits tour anyway, I'm sure other super big classics like "Like A Prayer", "Music" or "Vogue" would be included. Alanis always includes "Thank U", for instance and other songs like "Hands Clean", or from the last album.

But using the album anniversary is a good excuse to get people back on board. Nostalgia sells tickets.

Mmm but Jagged Little Pill was massive and also her only big album.

Madonna is remembered for TIC basically so an Immaculate World Tour would be better marketing.

6 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Are you trying to compare her popularity and touring reputation from 2008 with now? 

Nope, just saying that S&S had a good balance between a new and energic album and hits.It's not about popularity, to gain popularity back she needs good material and good versions of the old hits. 

Also yes, I don't like the idea of a Ray Of Light Tour. As far as I love Nothing Really Matters, Frozen or Skin, I don't want to see her with grillz performing that, I prefer the memories of the performances of 1998 / 1999

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Agreed. Love Ray of Light and I do think it’s well remembered but it’s not her most remembered period. That belongs to LAV, True Blue and everything from 1989-1991.

That's also her fault. She was obsessed performing on every tour the 80's and early 90's songs, that she forgot several times that she has a lot of hits between 1998 and 2012. Another damage to her career that she did during the last 15 years. 

Are we underestimating the impact and importance of "Ray Of Light", really? (And it's not even a fave of mine).

That album literally saved her career and gave her second imperial phase, plus universal critical acclaim for the fist time in her career. She was literally on top of the world between 1998 and 2000/2001.

To many people, especially non fans, "Ray Of Light" is THE Madonna album. Madonna fans want her to come back to "Confessions" all the time, but the general public want her to go back to "Ray Of Light", really.

Of course a good part of the general public/pop target above 35-40 would be interested in a reissue and/or an anniversary tour.

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Are we underestimating the impact and importance of "Ray Of Light", really? (And it's not even a fave of mine).

That album literally saved her career and gave her second imperial phase, plus universal critical acclaim for the fist time in her career. She was literally on top of the world between 1998 and 2000/2001.

To many people, especially non fans, "Ray Of Light" is THE Madonna album. Madonna fans want her to come back to "Confessions" all the time, but the general public want her to go back to "Ray Of Light", really.

Of course a good part of the general public/pop target above 35-40 would be interested in a reissue and/or an anniversary tour.

I don't know, I think it depends who you ask. I don't know anyone else who knows what Ray of light is, but some people know Like a prayer and Vogue (maybe)

Ray of Light is definitely her creativity peak and her most acclaimed album, but I don't see a world tour happening for that album 25 years later. If she's touring next year it's highly probably it'll be a greatest hits tour celebrating 40 years of career, it's the perfect excuse. She doesn't have the time to put out a whole new album + promo + tour rehearsal + touring all in a few months.

She needs a couple of big pop sentiment crowd pleaser one off bangers, some crowd pleasing features with “well established” artists on a couple of her old hits and the ground is set for a huge greatest hits tour to garner good will with the GP. That’s what a tour is all about. The GP. The Beyoncé thing was a helluva moment, the sad thing is Beyoncé knew how to celebrate and enhance M’s legacy better than M. 
Great that she has new collabs with new artists but that alone will not do the leg work for a GH tour. 
She could do with some feel good energy around her brand and less middle finger up lolz bitch vibz. It is entirely played out beyond belief at this point. She said she hates to be pigeonholed but makes every effort to pigeonhole herself in the last few years. 

The Madonna playbook 2020-2022

Glass of wine in bed

Lean head on younger artists shoulder

Make some drug references in an insta post

Sex

Glass of wine in car

Legs open, ass implants on show

Wash in hair dye

Pretend to kiss a dancer then push said dancer away in an aggressive manner.

Sex

Insert James Baldwin reference here

Glass of wine in bath

Wash out hair dye

Edit pics to unreasonable / false beauty standards 

Appear somewhere in Grilzzzz

Repost streaming figs 

Glass of wine at parents evening 

Artists / Peace etc

Wear Something restrictive and body morphing 

Sex

Glass of artistic wine under disturbing of peace artwork with hand scribbled quote.

I know she’s capable of sooooo much more. I think she’s just got caught up in the “content” trap a lot of modern celebs do.

A media blackout for a while would do her head the world of good God bless her soul. 

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

She needs a couple of big pop sentiment crowd pleaser one off bangers, some crowd pleasing features with “well established” artists on a couple of her old hits and the ground is set for a huge greatest hits tour to garner good will with the GP. That’s what a tour is all about. The GP. The Beyoncé thing was a helluva moment, the sad thing is Beyoncé knew how to celebrate and enhance M’s legacy better than M. 
Great that she has new collabs with new artists but that alone will not do the leg work for a GH tour. 
She could do with some feel good energy around her brand and less middle finger up lolz bitch vibz. It is entirely played out beyond belief at this point. She said she hates to be pigeonholed but makes every effort to pigeonhole herself in the last few years. 

The Madonna playbook 2020-2022

Glass of wine in bed

Lean head on younger artists shoulder

Make some drug references in an insta post

Glass of wine in car

Legs open, ass implants on show

Wash in hair dye

Pretend to kiss a dancer then push said dancer away in an aggressive manner.

Insert James Baldwin reference here

Glass of wine in bath

Wash out hair dye

Edit pics to unreasonable / false beauty standards 

Appear somewhere in Grilzzzz

Repost streaming figs 

Glass of wine at parents evening 

Artists / Peace etc

Wear Something restrictive and body morphing 

Glass of artistic wine under disturbing of peace artwork with hand scribbled quote.

I know she’s capable of sooooo much more. I think she’s just got caught up in the “content” trap a lot of modern celebs do.

A media blackout for a while would do her head the world of good bless her soul. 

Have we had her wearing sunglasses in the bath yet?

5 hours ago, PlayPause said:

My bet is a huge 2023 comeback with the movie + movie soundtrack + greatest hits tour inspired by the movie. Probably very little new music besides remixes /reinventions and a couple of unreleased tracks from the first reissues.

The movie is definitely not getting released next year. Just do the math?

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic