New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

1 minute ago, Sultrysully said:

I think that Madonna can still deliver more than any of her contemporaries and even some of the newbies but I have to agree with the truth that her voice has matured (and I still love it) and that she could not possibly put on a show as grueling as Who's that Girl or Blond Ambition but she is definitely not done.  I do not want albums of standards a la Gloria Estefan or Cyndi Lauper.  I do not want contrived and overproduced albums a la Cher or Janet where the magic is completely removed.  I always want something new.  Her heirs can worry about the Greatest Hits.  I have always loved the reinvention side of M.  I think that Madame X (M's last offering) was brilliant and perfect.  It was outside enough of mainstream and felt cutting edge but felt very much like a Madonna album.  I am not ready for Madonna to retire and a Greatest Hits Tour would feel like that to me.  

Maybe not as grueling as these shows, but honestly, with the right fitness routine and ample rehearsal time, I think she could pull off a Confessions level show again. A lot of that choreography is more pose type choreography / walking than proper dancing until the last act. The whole first act is her sitting on dancers, walking, posing on props, and doing the occasional knee bend move. I'd think she could pull that off today with the right physical conditioning. 

I wouldn't count out a show with that level of choreography, production, music arrangement, etc. I think she could still have it in her. 

1 minute ago, Simonsays said:

she could do a theatre tour to celebrate ray of light though but she would have to deliver most of the songs sitting on a stool or on a piano which is a direction shes seems to be moving into and id be fine with that - i would swap her humping everything in sight for her just stood still singing any day lol

A "Ray Of Light" anniversary tour a la "Madame X Tour" would be a dream, really, but there's no big money in theaters, it's not worth it. If she goes on tour it needs to be arenas OR stadiums (if she's confident enough that she can sell them out).

I very much love M's musical reinventions of her classics but that has been absent in quality for 15 yrs for the most part with many 1-2 exceptions. A reinvention should really improve or enhance. I see very little evidence of that too. M has relied heavily on her collaborators her entire career. I just think her instinct and curation of those people in the last 15 years has dissipated. She still has greatness but greatness needs to be realised and bought out of her. There are certainly no Mario Testinos saying "no we don't have the shot were going to keeping working til we have it" around her anymore.

Diablo Cody  found shaking and crying in a bush. 

2 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

she could do a theatre tour to celebrate ray of light though but she would have to deliver most of the songs sitting on a stool or on a piano which is a direction shes seems to be moving into and id be fine with that - i would swap her humping everything in sight for her just stood still singing any day lol

I honestly think that Madonna has been held back as a vocalist at times by her costumes and choreography .  Singing is intertwined with breathing.  Madonna's love of all things corset and her refusal to ever sit still definitely affect her vocals.  She is upside down and tied up half the time.  lolol  She is actually an equally great singer and a great performer but the two skills are adversaries of one another.     

54 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Far lesser legends like Springsteen and U2 do it all of the time.  They have not had the worldwide, cultural impact that Madonna has had.  They just haven't. 

the level of delusion here is astounding. While they have not had the same level of cultural impact, they most certainly had a huge musical impact. U2 is one of the two the biggest rock bands in the world (the other one being The Rolling Stones), Bruce is one of the biggest rock stars in history, and their musical and performance abilities are the same as they have been 20 or 30 years ago, while the same can't be said about Madonna. When people go to a concert, they go for the current live experience and current  live performance, not for the cultural impact somebody had 20 years ago.

As it’s always said a tour with the greatest hits, that will get bums on seat that would turn her critics and her fans. She has an amazing back catalogue she just needs to embrace it. 
I don’t mean to bring Kylie in but she used to be ashamed of her PWL years until she embraced and realised it’s that what made her today. 

16 hours ago, adirondak said:

Except for her weight gain and vocal decline, the abysmal Director’s Cut album, and the fact she hasn’t released music for almost 12 years. 

Vocal decline? To be fair she sounded incredible on BTD. Far far better than most singers…. For somebody who he done four live vocal performances since the mid 80s, she sounded terrific. 

41 minutes ago, androiduser said:

the level of delusion here is astounding. While they have not had the same level of cultural impact, they most certainly had a huge musical impact. U2 is one of the two the biggest rock bands in the world (the other one being The Rolling Stones), Bruce is one of the biggest rock stars in history, and their musical and performance abilities are the same as they have been 20 or 30 years ago, while the same can't be said about Madonna. When people go to a concert, they go for the current live experience and current  live performance, not for the cultural impact somebody had 20 years ago.

I never understand why all these legendary entertainers need to be knocked down a peg in order to celebrate M. 

23 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

As it’s always said a tour with the greatest hits, that will get bums on seat that would turn her critics and her fans. She has an amazing back catalogue she just needs to embrace it. 
I don’t mean to bring Kylie in but she used to be ashamed of her PWL years until she embraced and realised it’s that what made her today. 

And still manages to perform huge outdoor gigs and hasn’t had to tour theatres since her career revived in 2000. 

I feel like if Madonna decided to tour The Immaculate Collection as the theme, even now she would sell out stadiums. 

If she sings one famous song by album and one never or rarely performed I'm fine with that

Madonna: Everybody / Gambler

Like A Virgin: Medley Like A Virgin / Material Girl / Into The Groove / Over And Over

True Blue: La Isla Bonita or Open Your Heart

Like A Prayer: Express Yourself /  Promise To Try

Erotica: Bad Girl / Words

Bedtime Stories: Secret / Sanctuary (Interlude)

Ray Of Light: Frozen or ROL / Nothing Really Matters or Swim (Interlude)

Music: Music / I Deserve It

American Life: Hollywood / Intervention or Easy Ride

COAD: Hung Up / How High (Interlude)

Hard Candy: Give It 2 Me / Dance 2night

MDNA: Girl Gone Wild / Some Girls

Rebel Heart: Living For Love or Ghosttown / WAOM or Hold Tight

Madame X: I Don't Search I Find (Paulo Remix; incl. Vogue) / Bella Ciao (Interlude)

Extra: Celebration (Oakenfold incl. Holiday Break)

I've been monitoring all of the chatter on the tour & new music rumors.  I am waiting for a bit more substantial details or news from other locations that are confirming confirmed or reserved dates before posting any news on Madonna Remixers United.  

Madonna's latest behavior and releases of new inventions of her classics are head scratching (to say the least).  I have faith, but I also am not pandering to a lot of what she's doing now.  Its time for M to get to work and put out some work that is worthy of her legacy.  And then, yeah... its time to celebrate a new era!

1 hour ago, CYSMM said:

If she sings one famous song by album and one never or rarely performed I'm fine with that

Madonna: Everybody / Gambler

Like A Virgin: Medley Like A Virgin / Material Girl / Into The Groove / Over And Over

True Blue: La Isla Bonita or Open Your Heart

Like A Prayer: Express Yourself /  Promise To Try

Erotica: Bad Girl / Words

Bedtime Stories: Secret / Sanctuary (Interlude)

Ray Of Light: Frozen or ROL / Nothing Really Matters or Swim (Interlude)

Music: Music / I Deserve It

American Life: Hollywood / Intervention or Easy Ride

COAD: Hung Up / How High (Interlude)

Hard Candy: Give It 2 Me / Dance 2night

MDNA: Girl Gone Wild / Some Girls

Rebel Heart: Living For Love or Ghosttown / WAOM or Hold Tight

Madame X: I Don't Search I Find (Paulo Remix; incl. Vogue) / Bella Ciao (Interlude)

Extra: Celebration (Oakenfold incl. Holiday Break)

A Greatest Hits Tour that leaves out Like a Prayer? I don't think so lol.

1 minute ago, LUKESAVANT said:

I've been monitoring all of the chatter on the tour & new music rumors.  I am waiting for a bit more substantial details or news from other locations that are confirming confirmed or reserved dates before posting any news on Madonna Remixers United.  

Madonna's latest behavior and releases of new inventions of her classics are head scratching (to say the least).  I have faith, but I also am not pandering to a lot of what she's doing now.  Its time for M to get to work and put out some work that is worthy of her legacy.  And then, yeah... its time to celebrate a new era!

Omg hi! LOVE your remixes. So creative and well done.

I love your enthusiasm CYSMM, but that type of setlist filled with obscurities would not sell out stadiums in 2022.

I feel like the following would be more realistic, and that would be in very recognisable renditions: 

Holiday (closer) Borderline (acoustic)

Dress You Up : Material Girl (guitar fine)

Into The Groove (but it’s nearly always playback in modern performances so maybe not but that’s just me)

Live To Tell : La Isla Bonita (Acoustic)

Who’s That Girl (acoustic)

Like a Prayer : Cherish (acoustic)

Vogue : Hanky Panky

Bad Girl (fan favourite) 

Secret 

You’ll See OR You Must Love Me OR Take a Bow 

Ray of Light 

Don’t Tell Me : American Pie (never performed)

Nothing Fails : Love Profusion 

Hung Up 

Give It 2 Me 

Celebration

Nothing from MDNA 

Ghost Town : Rebel Heart 

Crave 

If she does decide to embark on a stadium tour, I think its important to curb our expectations. Not saying she can't put on an enjoyable show if she plans smart but her best days as a performer are gone, its important that she realizes her limitations and structures the show in a way that plays to her strengths. Above all, I want her to just enjoy herself and really feel the love and connection with the crowd. This is a golden opportunity for her to win back some favor with the general public, she and her management better not blow it because it might be her last chance.

18 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

Everybody must be the opener ! It kind of was for the blonde ambition 

To the extent it was used on BAT, I’d be cool with that, even as a throwback to that tour… as a full song? Nah. You want her to make an impact. Everybody isn’t exactly a song a causal goer knows, and virtually no fans ever consider it a favourite… it could be a very slow opener if Everybody was the first song.

Opening a tour with a classic, I’d probably go for… Ray of Light or Hung Up, with very extended intros. 

8 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I understand your logic but I think that Madonna can still fill stadiums.  Far lesser legends like Springsteen and U2 do it all of the time.  They have not had the worldwide, cultural impact that Madonna has had.  They just haven't.  Madonna may have to come down on the average ticket price a bit as those are diehard fan prices but she could do it for sure.  I think that marketing and pricing would be more key than the setlist.  I could be wrong.  It has happened.... once.... lol  J/K  I am up for a GH Tour but it still holds limitations on the setlist.  A mere Immaculate Collection rehash is not what I would want or a Celebration abomination where major songs are omitted or butchered.  Her catalog of hits is extensive and people's favorites are all over the board.  I do not want a Madonna Tour that ends with 2000's Music album.  I adore Madonna's post 2000 material.  It is so tough.  Let's just have her perform all 15 albums (I always include I'm Breathless).  HAHAHAHA  

I couldn't agree more...

And oh boy, you're cute as f*ck

8 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Maybe not as grueling as these shows, but honestly, with the right fitness routine and ample rehearsal time, I think she could pull off a Confessions level show again. A lot of that choreography is more pose type choreography / walking than proper dancing until the last act. The whole first act is her sitting on dancers, walking, posing on props, and doing the occasional knee bend move.

Did we watch the same show?

Just now, Blue Jean said:

Did we watch the same show?

Yes. What mega big dance breaks does she do in the first act? Okay, sorry, I left out the part where she spins over the bar in Jump once. But seriously, most of the first act is lots of posing and walking. Get Together is the only song with a fair amount of proper choreography.

Future Lovers is all posing, sitting on dancers, and strutting at the end.

Get Together is walking / shuffling, occasionally skipping back and forth with the dancers, spinning, and then knee bends.

Like a Virgin is walking, and then posing and riding on a carousel.

Jump is walking and then the little spin over the bar break. 

I don't think that part of Confessions is overly physically demanding, and my point is that I think she could replicate that sort of a performance again. The finale of the show is a different discussion. 

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic