New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

Imagine that the fans are so excited about making a list with classical songs and expecting Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones style remix, but all they get is a terrible sick sick very sick frozen remix and sad twerking with tokisha (whatever I can't even remember that name) hung up remix style boring remix list. That would be hilarious! lol

6 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Yes. What mega big dance breaks does she do in the first act? Okay, sorry, I left out the part where she spins over the bar in Jump once. But seriously, most of the first act is lots of posing and walking. Get Together is the only song with a fair amount of proper choreography.

Future Lovers is all posing, sitting on dancers, and strutting at the end.

Get Together is walking / shuffling, occasionally skipping back and forth with the dancers, spinning, and then knee bends.

Like a Virgin is walking, and then posing and riding on a carousel.

Jump is walking and then the little spin over the bar break. 

I don't think that part of Confessions is overly physically demanding, and my point is that I think she could replicate that sort of a performance again. The finale of the show is a different discussion. 

Did we watch the same show?

I think I have to agree with extremeOccident. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the confession tour was bad. The confession tour was art itself.  And I love it. But Madonna actually danced very little on that tour. If you observe carefully, as xtremeoccident pointed out above, in fact, only the last section is the we can call her she did actually danced. That tour had very intense dances and movements from start to finish, but if you look closely, they were all done by backup dancers, and Madonna was practically just walking around the stage except for the last section.

The reason I clearly remember this is because I thought this at that time. "oh... so... as Madonna getting older, what we can get is these things.. most of time just walking around the stage.." Of course, Madonna broke my thought with a Sticky Sweet Tour later.

So the best option we can expect from the new tour will be the confession tour. You know, kind of show which most of time Madonna is just walking around the stage But the show itself it is done so good and done so tastefully so no one care about that she is dancing or not.

But the problem is that Madonna is sure to let fans down with a that boring sick sick very sick sick frozen and hung up style remixes with sad twerking with that huge fake ass. sigh...

13 hours ago, PlayPause said:

How do you know?

She's been working on the movie for the last 3 years. The script is finished. She cast her star 3 months ago. Rehearsals might have started last summer. 

She can shoot it during the winter, edit and post-produce it in the first months of 2023 and release it by the end of the year.

It's not a Marvel movie that needs a year of post-prod and 6 months of reshoots.

Do the math.

OMG, you're too funny.

This is a major studio film, and the lead actor hasn't even publicly accepted the role yet.

I've now corrected your math, so don't come back to me until you've studied harder.

3 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Yes. What mega big dance breaks does she do in the first act? Okay, sorry, I left out the part where she spins over the bar in Jump once. But seriously, most of the first act is lots of posing and walking. Get Together is the only song with a fair amount of proper choreography.

Future Lovers is all posing, sitting on dancers, and strutting at the end.

Get Together is walking / shuffling, occasionally skipping back and forth with the dancers, spinning, and then knee bends.

Like a Virgin is walking, and then posing and riding on a carousel.

Jump is walking and then the little spin over the bar break. 

I don't think that part of Confessions is overly physically demanding

I think you underestimate how physically demanding all those things are. And you forgot the repeated squats in Get Together. She was in incredible shape then and even the “scaled back” movements show amazing stamina. Even if it was less vigorous compared to other tours I think it’s unrealistic to expect a Confessions level performance again.

My hope is that rather than try to be what she was she can evolve into new creative and uncharted territory. Maybe focus on the music, vocals and theatrical elements. Something big and grand with some less intense dancing. Some of her greatest performances were not heavy on movement eg Justify my Love at The Girlie Show or Vogue at VMA’s.

Extreme Occident and Frozen on Madame X were sensational and it was all in the emotional delivery (sadly this didn’t come across in the filmed version with the fake live vocals.)

You know what? I wrote this before. If this new tour rumor is true then Madonna will hand over the job of director to someone else and she will only play the role of producer and writer. I got this impression from when she asking to fan movie VS new tour question.

I was under the impression that the studio was forcing her to step down as director and Madonna was looking for an excuse to gracefully step down as director under the pretext of this new tour.

5 hours ago, MadameX said:

You know what? I wrote this before. If this new tour rumor is true then Madonna will hand over the job of director to someone else and she will only play the role of producer and writer. I got this impression from when she asking to fan movie VS new tour question.

I was under the impression that the studio was forcing her to step down as director and Madonna was looking for an excuse to gracefully step down as director under the pretext of this new tour.

Hmm. I’m doubtful she’d give it up. Unless she’s sick of it.

23 hours ago, PlayPause said:

was designed for a pride event.

Why do y'all always imply she's so lazy creatively.? 

I never did though! Everytime she does a show pre-tour she takes the stuff that worked from those events and implements it on her next tour. The COADF Promo Tour stuff that found its way to the CT, same with the Sticky & Sweet Tour and the Hard Candy promo shows. The Vogue arrangement from the Super Bowl and choreography on the MDNA Tour. It's not like she's going to have Tokischa and Saucy Santana with her every night on tour lol, what I meant is that she's probably going to create something in the lines of the spirit of that show. Something fun, danceable, not as dark as Madame X (which was brilliant).

Yes, I believe in a world tour in 2023. 

But I don´t believe this will be based on the Finally Enough Love remixes.

I´m expecting more ballads, more hits and less dance moves and coreography.

To avoid disappointment, let´s expect a show where she lays and seats a lot just like she did in Madame X. 

M will be 65 yo. Touring/travelling is extremely exhausting for itself. Add the tiredness of making a show. Add the age of 65 plus bruised knees and hips. 

Let´s demand less from our queen and just be grateful she still is giving us a show. No matter how quite she stays on stage. 

8 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

I want the Everybody version of FEL in the first act of the setlist for the new tour. That version is amazing and sounds fresh af!

It would be a dream if she revived the Confessions promo mix of this for the tour. I can't believe that reinvention didn't make it into the tour. It's one of her all time best.

17 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

It would be a dream if she revived the Confessions promo mix of this for the tour. I can't believe that reinvention didn't make it into the tour. It's one of her all time best.

The COADF mix of everybody should have replaced La Isla Bonita, and she should have kept the nothing fails exercpt in DW/SFL too

2 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The COADF mix of everybody should have replaced La Isla Bonita, and she should have kept the nothing fails exercpt in DW/SFL too

Agreed. I like that mix of La Isla Bonita, but Everybody would have worked better in that section. I could have also seen it somewhere in the first section, maybe after Get Together and before Like a Virgin. But it definitely deserved a spot in that tour. 

6 hours ago, Bermu said:

Candy Shop @ Sticky & Sweet Tour
Iconic @ Rebel Heart Tour

:Madonna038:

Yeah,  either of which would really open a greatest hits tour would they… Iconic was a crap opener, although Candy Shop was brilliant but came from during a very very successful era following on from the successs of the Confessions Tour. 

if she’s gonna open with Everybody, why not open with Love Don’t Live Here Anymore or Keep It Together… they’re about as popular with the general public 😅

4 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

See I just cannot get behind Everybody… it’s her only 80s single I just never liked much… thank goodness her song writing got so much better quick.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:17 AM, Vasili said:

OMG, you're too funny.

This is a major studio film, and the lead actor hasn't even publicly accepted the role yet.

I've now corrected your math, so don't come back to me until you've studied harder.

Trying my best 🤡

I mean, they shot Mamma Mia in 2 months, in 4 different countries https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795421/locations

Bohemian Rhapsody in 2 / 3 months https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727824/locations

Rocketman had around the same filming time.

And Julia Garner is on the movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13098020/

Do your research

24 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Imagine if she did a ballad section or acoustic intimate medley:

Crazy For You 

Live To Tell 

This Used To Be My Playground 

Rain

I'll Remember 

Take A Bow 

The Power of Goodbye 

Ghosttown 

I would be in heaven. 

And the rest of the audience would be asleep.

If she really sang TUTBMP everybody would take the chance to go to the bathroom

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic