New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

29 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

What? On what basis do you make such a statement? In case you don't know Madonna's last tours, Rebel heart tour and Madame x tour, were a resounding success and praised by critics. While it is true that sometimes Madonna is a few minutes late to start the show, people left satisfied to have seen a quality show. That is why I do not understand this current of thought that some have to see with negativity and pessimism the success of this new tour. It seems that we live in different realities because for me there is nothing that indicates or makes me suppose that this new tour will be a failure.

Madonna is already a legend, a legendary artist who doesn't need to prove anything to anyone to fill stadiums. That is why I am sure that many will end up rectifying when Madonna shows them how wrong they were to minimize her and doubt her ability. Fortunately, I will not be in that group because I never doubted nor will I doubt her. And they say that he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see.

Calm down. The tours were fine. They were great shows, no one’s saying otherwise, she’s the ultimate performer, but she did struggle to sell out especially during Madame X; and her touring reputation is in really bad shape since The MDNA Tour due to her excessive lateness (which for us, the fans, is ok and even enjoyable but not for the general public) and the cancellations on the Madame X Tour didn’t help at all. The lack of hits on previous tours was taken well by the general public because the albums were hugely successful but with an album like Madame X it just didn’t sit well for non Madonna die hard fans. A well handled greatest hits tour is the only plausible way for her to sell out stadium and regain her credibility as a live act (no grillz, no political stuff, no twerking, no cringy stuff). If she tours stadiums with demos and b-sides or even a new album it could potentially be a box office bomb especially with her prices which we know will be high. Also, she needs to make sure she can get through the shows with her current physical condition cause another Madame X Tour would tank her. 

19 hours ago, steady75 said:

Maybe she's at the point in her career where she feels her antics around a tour will lead to stronger and more visible album sales rather than a traditional push for the album first. Pretty sure Pet Shop Boys did this with their tour before last. 

Bill it as a Greatest Hits tour but she'll work in Frozen On Fire / Material Gworlll / Queens remix of Vogue, Hung Up on Trash Antics and four or five new songs. It's not out of the realms of possibility that there will be a sort of mix tape Club Future Nostaglia album coming. It feels very much in the lane of where her head is right now. Elton but for the clurb and not Iheart radio vibz. 

1. New track 1
  2. New Track 2
  3. New Track 3
  4. New Track 4
  5. New Track 5
  6. Material Gworlll (Like A Virgin)
  7. Hung Up On .... (Confessions)
  8.  Frozen On Fire / remix suite (Ray Of Light)
  9. Queens Re-Remix - More Madonna heavy (she'd totally do this)
  10. Levitating with Dua Lipa
  11. New old remix (from Madonna)
  12. New old remix (from True Blue
  13. New old remix ( from Like A Prayer)
  14. New old remix (from Erotica)
  15. New old remix (from Music)

I imagine the Music remix would be the one she was working on with Sickick. I don't think we'll have seen the end of the features on this for the rest of the remixes and no doubt whatever she was working on with Swae Lee will turn up. 

Maybe the Honey Dijon remix of Vogue

I can totally see her doing something like this just to keep the tour fresh for her, a gathering of recent output for collectors and a lead into the debut re-release whilst also hinting at all the albums due a retrospective release. 

A good mix of new stuff, looking back and reinvention. Madonna #2023

It sounds on the direction on what she has been doing.

But I think there's a clash of targeted audience and fan catering. While all of this mash mixes and  flashy videos appeal to the Tiktoknna crowd , as you well know , they are not popular with the older following. And I don't see the younger audience ready  to buy the pricey tickets for such a show. The old school fans won't be into it either. I think Madame X tour burnt few bridges and patience. There's no pandemic, the injury is getting better, she is ready to tour, people would be waiting for something more substantial , like a GH. I think.

8 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

What? On what basis do you make such a statement? In case you don't know Madonna's last tours, Rebel heart tour and Madame x tour, were a resounding success and praised by critics. While it is true that sometimes Madonna is a few minutes late to start the show, people left satisfied to have seen a quality show. That is why I do not understand this current of thought that some have to see with negativity and pessimism the success of this new tour. It seems that we live in different realities because for me there is nothing that indicates or makes me suppose that this new tour will be a failure.

Madonna is already a legend, a legendary artist who doesn't need to prove anything to anyone to fill stadiums. That is why I am sure that many will end up rectifying when Madonna shows them how wrong they were to minimize her and doubt her ability. Fortunately, I will not be in that group because I never doubted nor will I doubt her. And they say that he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see.

She wasn't just a few minutes late. A few hours is more like it. Dozens of shows were cancelled, some which minutes before doors were supposed to open. People were wildly upset for being stood up or left waiting for hours in the freezing cold. Losing money on all sorts of non-refundable expenses. The media was all over it and that didn't help to rectify her diva reputation. Nobody talked about the reason behind all those cancellations. Yes, news about the injury spread, but I haven't seen a single article that bothered to address the true physical and emotional hell she was going through at the time. I was at that Paris show when she broke down in tears on stage and it was heartbreaking. We as fans know about this and even though it may have caused us inconvenience, the general public certainly hasn't picked up on those nuances and continues to harbour the sentiments they obviously do. Would you as a casual listener consider forking out 300 quid to see an artist that is known to be late, cranky and prone to last minute cancellations, on a weekday not knowing if public transport will still be running to take you home? That is why I doubt she'll sell out stadiums easily. She has a reputation for good and bad reasons and I don't think that's ever going to change.

One more thing: I never said Madonna wouldn't put together a superb piece of live theatre or that the quality of her shows is to be doubted. I didn't criticise what she's been up to artistically. All I did was point out that non-fans would be rather hesitant to buy a ticket based on her reputation. Most of us are probably going to be there and having a good time, but I'm afraid there aren't enough of us for her to sell out an entire tour. This is how I see it and, yes, maybe we do indeed live in different realities.

Edited by acolyte (see edit history)

honestly she's been late since the MDNA Tour and I don't see that changing anytime soon, but she needs to work on her time management skills if she wants back into the gp#s good books

I remember reading there was 2 fans that tried to sue her for the late starts during the madame x tour.

The whole bringing back Nikki and Donna… I honestly wouldn’t count that out. M’s in her supposed career-spanning retrospective era, FEL, maybe a greatest hits tour… those girls are SO much a part of Madonna’s musical sound and literally her greatest hits. I think it would be silly not to attempt to have a working relationship again, considering the hype that the three of them together again would spark up. 

But alas, in reality I don’t expect M to reach that far and think that way lmfao. She would never :rip:

46 minutes ago, Andymad said:

The whole bringing back Nikki and Donna… I honestly wouldn’t count that out. M’s in her supposed career-spanning retrospective era, FEL, maybe a greatest hits tour… those girls are SO much a part of Madonna’s musical sound and literally her greatest hits. I think it would be silly not to attempt to have a working relationship again, considering the hype that the three of them together again would spark up. 

But alas, in reality I don’t expect M to reach that far and think that way lmfao. She would never :rip:

Madonna seems too proud she won't ask them. Didn't she fall out with Nikki anyway?

25 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Madonna seems too proud she won't ask them. Didn't she fall out with Nikki anyway?

I think so… but I think that was DWT era? I dunno. But Nikki and Donna released that HBD video to M some time back. Maybe it’s all forgotten? Who knows. Maybe so much time has passed they wouldn’t know how to work together again. Unless they stuck to their roots. People have a way of reigniting magic, but like you said, M’s pride could get in the way.

17 hours ago, Andymad said:

I think so… but I think that was DWT era? I dunno. But Nikki and Donna released that HBD video to M some time back. Maybe it’s all forgotten? Who knows. Maybe so much time has passed they wouldn’t know how to work together again. Unless they stuck to their roots. People have a way of reigniting magic, but like you said, M’s pride could get in the way.

I read at the time Nikki was asked to do the RIT, apparently she said she would’ve if it was reinvention and not regurgitation.  

52 minutes ago, MartinX said:

I read at the time Nikki was asked to do the RIT, apparently she said she would’ve if it was reinvention and not regurgitation.  

She had a car accident at the time and she said she was getting too tired for stadiums.

One of the statements in her website was that she was not invited to take part. But that was taken down and replace for something about playing in jazz clubs and the car accident.

Madonna forums were gossiping about having a coke addiction or/and clashing with Madonna Kabbalah.

I don't think they personally have the best relationship apart from work and at some point they change paths.

On 9/28/2022 at 5:34 AM, Lilalo said:

I’ll say this first, I will attend any show she puts out , now with that being said? Her massive stadium tours are well behind her, she’ll be lucky if she could even sell out one date in any city in an arena and it’s all because of one thing, her disrespect and disregard for her fans and their time by showing up 3-4 hours late, people WILL NOT FORGET THIS-PERIOD! Nonetheless, I’ll be there all the same with the few fans she has left. 

I really don't understand all this talk about her being late. The concert headliner doesn't take the stage at the time listed on the ticket. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic