New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

13 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But it should start on the day listed on the ticket, and not the following day.

When I saw her on the Rebel Heart Tour, the opening act started at the time listed on the ticket, then there was a half hour break, then she started. Everyone was like "She was so late! And drunk probably!"

3 minutes ago, rgdlee said:

It was a miracle that her Super Bowl halftime show was served on time. 

:01:

She probably had to get her hair and makeup done at 10am to make sure she was ready.

Like when I invite my aunt for dinner I tell her dinner is at 4 so when she arrives at 5:30 we can eat at 6.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:56 AM, deathproof said:

But it should start on the day listed on the ticket, and not the following day.

Most M fans have unrealistic expectations.  I heard/still hear often.... I have to work the next day... why is she so late??  Seeing Madonna is an event that most should be somewhat comfortable taking the next day off work for (if you must see her during the week).  

3 hours ago, LUKESAVANT said:

Most M fans have unrealistic expectations.  I heard/still hear often.... I have to work the next day... why is she so late??  Seeing Madonna is an event that most should be somewhat comfortable taking the next day off work for (if you must see her during the week).  

7E1308C2-D13D-42CE-8B37-974442CD6F74.thumb.jpeg.a49fba2926406a0f168917e0d9ee2640.jpeg

On 10/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, clkelley39 said:

When I saw her on the Rebel Heart Tour, the opening act started at the time listed on the ticket, then there was a half hour break, then she started. Everyone was like "She was so late! And drunk probably!"

When I saw her at the MDNA tour she came on an hour after the opening act had left....in Miami she was hours late, same with dates on the MXT. 

And you still wanna say you don't understand it when people complain about her being late. Like really?

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

11 hours ago, LUKESAVANT said:

Most M fans have unrealistic expectations.  I heard/still hear often.... I have to work the next day... why is she so late??  Seeing Madonna is an event that most should be somewhat comfortable taking the next day off work for (if you must see her during the week)

I'm taking this as a joke and enjoying it that way 😅

Hungry Dinner GIF

I've seen fans told that they aren't real fans after they complain that they bought tickets, took days off work, traveled, booked hotel reservations etc. And she cancelled the day of the show.

I'll play along with that "she can be 2 days late, she's the queen!, it's an honor!" nonsense for every tour up to Confessions. And yet she was on time for all those legendary tours that I actually would have waited hours and hours for. The tours since? No, mam. I must not be a real fan.

We all know sometimes how late she comes on stage by now. I've been to every concert since Blond Ambition and will carry on. I nearly ended up stranded after S&S but I still wouldn't change a thing. If I book a ticket I expect it and factor it into my life. And it's not the end of the world in the grand scheme of the universe.

It's not like it's everyday - it's once ever 4 years if we're lucky. 

On 10/20/2022 at 5:48 AM, nodoman said:

jeez.

didn’t she personally say (later on) that she has a family now and didn’t want to travel around the world for so long anymore?

That's exactly what it was. She mentions it in recent interviews/podcasts. She wanted to raise her kid. She had just done DWT AFTER she almost lost her foot and had to have it reattached in a golf cart accident. She praises M for being there for her at that time and getting her the best care. She talks about the squats during "Music" every night almost killed her. AND she was not feeling the new Kabbalah/Guy crew around M. Having to go through middlemen to talk to her friend. It's a shame the fans spread those shitty rumours. Niki has always been too real for a big part of this fandom. Love her.

I find it silly that some would excuse her lateness and just accept it as is.

I know she’s notorious for late starts, but it’s not a great thing to do. And it’s played a big part in her declining tour reputation. The entire audience that attends her shows arnt people that post on Madonna message boards. Not everyone that goes to concerts wants to attend one where the start of the show is around 1130pm or later, no matter who the artist is.

17 hours ago, LUKESAVANT said:

This maybe realistic for hardcore fans like us..   but in the UK certainly the General public won't continue to go to see her in the numbers that used too because she's done this.    People do have jobs and want to have a night out  (not a sleepover) :)

Also in the UK so many places/ venues have to respect licences and closing times. Usually 11:30pm or earlier on Sundays.

When she did Madame X , she arrived late few times and did the short shows.

Some places and parks get a fine if they stay longer and they pass this to the culprit artist.

When she did Sticky and Sweet, she went over the last overground from Wembley and lots of people got stranded far away and with no way to go back home.

I managed to get the last one because I left with the encore.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I find it silly that some would excuse her lateness and just accept it as is.

I know she’s notorious for late starts, but it’s not a great thing to do. And it’s played a big part in her declining tour reputation. The entire audience that attends her shows arnt people that post on Madonna message boards. Not everyone that goes to concerts wants to attend one where the start of the show is around 1130pm or later, no matter who the artist is.

I'm trying to think of a joke about us not knowing she was late for the MXT shows because our phones were locked in Faraday cages and we didn't know what time it was...

18 hours ago, LUKESAVANT said:

And it's not like going to see a musical or something, it's rock n roll at the end of the day.  If midnight is too late, you should probably stay home.  That said, some of the wait times on Madame X were pretty extreme.

On 10/22/2022 at 3:28 AM, LUKESAVANT said:

No offence, but being able to afford a concert ticket is one thing. Being able to afford a non-working day is something entirely different. Unless you have the time and money, jetting over to Manila because she plays there on a Saturday is a bit of a reach. I know you didn't put it that way, but I hope my point comes across.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, Régine Filange said:

She said she wants to tour in the future, in stadiums, what are you thoughts about it? Should she perform like she's used to? slow it down maybe? make the show smaller in length? Will she fix or ruin even more her reputation as a performer? Her last few performances have received a lot of negativity from the GP. From Eurovision, to the Maluma perfornace few months ago.

I think if she does a stadium tour, she shouldn't slow it down like recent tours. That seems to be more typical of theater tours like Madame X. She should try to perform like she used to from MDNA and earlier years. I understand that this probably won't happen because she's getting older and complained of exhaustion from the MDNA tour, which is the last time she moved around a lot on stage, in my opinion.

I don't think her reputation as a performer can be "ruined" at this point because of her track record of touring that has spanned multiple decades. If anything, the tour probably wouldn't get covered or reported as much.

The most important thing about her next tour is that she shows up on time. No need to waste several hours of time from the fans that worked their asses off to spend hundreds of dollars to get a ticket.

E9QK78oWUAQZStS.jpg

She can sell tickets and even show up late if she acts like Madonna, sings like Madonna, and dances like Madonna again..I mean the Madonna people have in mind, the super pro one that we knew first at the 80s and till 2016. If she acts strangely, do not perform her hits, if she has not a pop hit in a million years, hardly dances, speaks strangely, and does not give a damn about her incredible legacy..then why doing a stadium tour or any event?

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic