New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

51 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

the decrease in public enthusiasm when seeing Madonna live

I think it's the effect of touring very often with huge stadium tours, a lot of people have seen M's shows and seeing her live isn't as rare as it used to be. For example, the crowd reaction at the DWT shows was insane, because she came back after a long break of not toruing for 8 years, and we weren't sure when the next tour would take happen. And Confessions was one of her biggest eras ever, she was at her new peak, super popular and mega cool.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, androiduser said:

the crowd reaction at the DWT shows was insane, because she came back after a long break of not toruing for 8 years, 

Do you mean that in this new tour 2023 we will probably see similar reactions to the era of the Confessions Tour or the Drowned World Tour? because if we count the years, Madonna hasn't gone on tour since 2015 (Madame X Tour doesn't count because there were few dates and in theaters) and probably the public misses seeing her again after so many years of absence on stage.

And I am sure that for Madonna it is not enough to receive applause, it also motivates her and fills her with adrenaline to see the dramatic reactions of her audience such as seeing them scream until they reach hysteria or even see them faint due to emotion, things that have not happened on her last tours and I hope that with the arrival of new fans thanks to remixes like Frozen 2022 or Hung Up with Tokischa these situations will repeat themselves and Madonna ends the show happy and satisfied with all the commotion caused by her.

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Do you mean that in this new tour 2023 we will probably see similar reactions to the era of the Confessions Tour or the Drowned World Tour?

Not quite sure, DWT and CT both came after hugely successful albums and we got to hear a lot of the new hits live for the first time.

8 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Jeez people what do you need.

oddly, I agree about the audiences for Madame X tour... I tell people all the time, When you walk into an arena or stadium to see Madonna... There is an energy/magic/force that is palpable. You can feel it.  I never felt that for the theatre venues she did for MX tour.  It told me clearly that Madonna's power live comes from a large venue to showcase her spectacle.  I think for the MX tour, Madonna under-estimated herself... It didn't need to be in those small venues.  MX tour could have rocked harder in arenas.  If M can pull of an amazing, soft, touching moment like True Blue or powerful, sad, intense Heartbreak City/Love Don't Live Here Anymore on RHT, any track from MX tour could have worked very well in an arena.... Not sure the theatre option was best... for her mystique and power.  Just my opinion.

4 hours ago, LUKESAVANT said:

oddly, I agree about the audiences for Madame X tour... I tell people all the time, When you walk into an arena or stadium to see Madonna... There is an energy/magic/force that is palpable. You can feel it.  I never felt that for the theatre venues she did for MX tour.  It told me clearly that Madonna's power live comes from a large venue to showcase her spectacle.  I think for the MX tour, Madonna under-estimated herself... It didn't need to be in those small venues.  MX tour could have rocked harder in arenas.  If M can pull of an amazing, soft, touching moment like True Blue or powerful, sad, intense Heartbreak City/Love Don't Live Here Anymore on RHT, any track from MX tour could have worked very well in an arena.... Not sure the theatre option was best... for her mystique and power.  Just my opinion.

I was reacting to "Madonna hasn't gone on tour since 2015", the parenthesis seemed even more picky and ludicrous to me. She did several shows in different venues in many countries. What does it take to count as a tour, ffs?

Underestimate what? Does she have to sing in front of zillions of people to prove anything? I was at a TV show recording during RH promo, probably 200 or 300 hundred people in the room and she gave it all, and it felt like we were 10 thousand.

For MXT, she wanted to tour differently and she delivered. (And in comparison, MDNAT is one of the worst shows I ever attended, even at le Stade de France)

The atmosphere at Le Grand Rex in Paris was grand and the crowd was more than enthusiastic. You can't change that.

A hall with 3000 seats is NOT small.

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

I was reacting to "Madonna hasn't gone on tour since 2015", the parenthesis seemed even more picky and ludicrous to me. She did several shows in different venues in many countries. What does it take to count as a tour, ffs?

Underestimate what? Does she have to sing in front of zillions of people to prove anything? I was at a TV show recording during RH promo, probably 200 or 300 hundred people in the room and she gave it all, and it felt like we were 10 thousand.

For MXT, she wanted to tour differently and she delivered. (And in comparison, MDNAT is one of the worst shows I ever attended, even at le Stade de France)

The atmosphere at Le Grand Rex in Paris was grand and the crowd was more than enthusiastic. You can't change that.

You seem like you need to be right on this topic.  Ok, I concede... You're right.  But what I said wasn't wrong.  

We can debate about many things and that's great discord.  But what isn't debatable for most concertgoers, is being able to tell the difference between enjoying a show in an arena or enjoying a show in a theater.  We can make that distinction pretty easily on our own.

6 hours ago, PlayPause said:

HOW DARE YOU (LOL sarcasm) I LOVED MDNA Tour. MX belongs in a small theater. It was a fan show. I don't expect anyone but fans would appreciate that show LIVE. It was better live that's for sure.

6 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

HOW DARE YOU (LOL sarcasm) I LOVED MDNA Tour.

Good for you.

It was a fan show.

So now it's a problem when M tries to please her fans?

When she does things outside her range like Material Gworll, y'all crying like she killed a puppy.

Seriously people what do you want from her?

I don't expect anyone but fans would appreciate that show LIVE

How do you know ? What is this supposed to mean?

12 hours ago, PlayPause said:

In case you don't remember, Madonna only offered shows in the United States and THREE European countries. That is why it is not considered a world tour at the same level as the previous ones. Another aspect to consider is that Madame X tour were more intimate and discreet shows (something Madonna herself said) that is why there were certain rules that somehow limited or repressed the behavior of the public.

An example was not being able to use cell phones. Another example was that the public had to behave in a more discreet way because a place as formal as the theater demands it subliminally. That is why excesses or exaggerated situations such as shouting all the time, saying bad words, showing the breasts, etc. were not allowed. Excesses caused by seeing your favorite artist and allowed in a stadium but prohibited in a place as formal as a theater.

2 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

In case you don't remember, Madonna only offered shows in the United States and THREE European countries. That is why it is not considered a world tour at the same level as the previous ones. Another aspect to consider is that Madame X tour were more intimate and discreet shows (something Madonna herself said) that is why there were certain rules that somehow limited or repressed the behavior of the public.

An example was not being able to use cell phones. Another example was that the public had to behave in a more discreet way because a place as formal as the theater demands it subliminally. That is why excesses or exaggerated situations such as shouting all the time, saying bad words, showing the breasts, etc. were not allowed. Excesses caused by seeing your favorite artist and allowed in a stadium but prohibited in a place as formal as a theater.

Ok got it. A series of concerts have to take place in havoc across 1652 continents for you to take them seriously.

13 hours ago, rgdlee said:

No offense to anyone who wishes to see her on the road. But what’s the point of touring if Madonna is no longer capable of doing a show that is up to her artistic and creative standards? Simply for the sake of nostalgia? I’d rather watch the DVDs and Blu-rays than see her struggle on stage.

There, I said it.

No offense taken 😁 enjoy the blu ray xo

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic