New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

Did we see Taylor Swift’s tour announcement this morning, The Eras Tour: “a journey through the musical eras of my career (past & present!)”

Damnit, I really would love something like this from M! Hopefully that’s we are getting this time around… she always keeps us guessing though 😂

21 hours ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

Did we see Taylor Swift’s tour announcement this morning, The Eras Tour: “a journey through the musical eras of my career (past & present!)”

Damnit, I really would love something like this from M! Hopefully that’s we are getting this time around… she always keeps us guessing though 😂

she already did that with Drowned World Tour.

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

DWT, of all tours? the tour with the least amount of old hits is a musical journey through the eras? sweet jeebus....

Reinvention is probably the closest to her falling back on her legacy but that seemed more a maneuver in projectory after AL backlash. Every tour after has featured hits from other eras but Madame X seemed to show case those the least. Just bigger hits except where she included Rescue Me and American Life. Those were def over due.

8 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Ugh Reinvention was me FINALLY seeing M live again in my hometown after Girlie Show. The Beast Within was LIFE for me. I went to all 3 shows in Toronto lol

I went to the first and last night in TO for RIT… un-fucking REAL! I loved her banter before Crazy For You, and how she smelled weed lmfao. 

On 11/2/2022 at 5:48 AM, zephyr in the sky at night said:

This is exactly why I'm a Madonna fan and not a Taylor Swift fan. Her concept sounds like a tour concept dreamed up on a fan forum. So cliche and the name is cringe inducing too.

42 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

This is exactly why I'm a Madonna fan and not a Taylor Swift fan. Her concept sounds like a tour concept dreamed up on a fan forum. So cliche and the name is cringe inducing too.

Well i guess we will get some nice journey from darkness to light again…

6 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

No greatest hits tour please. New album and new material. Madonna is not dead and still active 

Even tho I would love this, seems like this time that's not what we're going to get… However, she's working in what seems to be an EP, so at least we'll have a couple of new tracks for the tour! 🥲🤟🏻

Also, crazy that an artist like Taylor Swift, so popular right now, has to also rely on a GH Tour even with a successul album on her hands. The touring landscape is changing a lot…

17 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

Even tho I would love this, seems like this time that's not what we're going to get… However, she's working in what seems to be an EP, so at least we'll have a couple of new tracks for the tour! 🥲🤟🏻

Also, crazy that an artist like Taylor Swift, so popular right now, has to also rely on a GH Tour even with a successul album on her hands. The touring landscape is changing a lot…

I don’t think she has to rely on a GH tour. She’s had several mega successful albums since her last tour.

I expect she will break Madonna’s touring record too.

23 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

Taylor is making history right now: First artist with all 10 songs in the Billboard 100

57 minutes ago, Marcello77 said:

Taylor is making history right now: First artist with all 10 songs in the Billboard 100

thats quite an achievement for an incredibly dull album but im happy for her - clearly her fanbase just stream the shit out of her music constantly - i cant imagine her fans parents were happy with the swearing though - 

14 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think she has to rely on a GH tour. She’s had several mega successful albums since her last tour.

I expect she will break Madonna’s touring record too.

Wasn't the purpose of her current tour to make some kind of journey through her career and eras? :o

That’s what I understood.

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

thats quite an achievement for an incredibly dull album but im happy for her - clearly her fanbase just stream the shit out of her music constantly - i cant imagine her fans parents were happy with the swearing though - 

For real. I mean where’s the Candy Shop? Where’s the Bitch I’m Madonna? Where’s the Spanish Lesson? Where’s the Bodyshop? Where’s the Looking for mercy? 

On 11/6/2022 at 4:08 AM, Marcello77 said:

I gave Taylor's album a good honest try/listen.  They all sound the same and was missing catchy pop hooks and the special "something".  I am perplexed how she does so well with that body of work, but its not up to me to judge... apparently she has some magic I just can't grasp.  But more power to her and good for her!  Its just not for me.

I'm not a huge Taylor fan but can we stop minimizing her achievements? Whatever it is she's doing, she's doing it better than almost anyone in the industry at the moment. The tour theme makes sense because she hasn't toured for 4 albums... and what's wrong with doing something fans would want if she happens to want to do that too, especially as she tries to gain ownership of her back catalog through re-recordings?

Most celebrities have "sheep" fans, Madonna is not above that. Just look at people who buy 10+ versions of every album, every bit of merch and overly praise her social media account posts and questionable songs. That isn't a bad thing, it just comes with the territory of "fandom." Taylor's doing a great job of maintaining that, too. I say, good for both of them.

I don’t get why people are bashing Taylor in here. She’s doing a “greatest hits” because she’s released 4 albums since her last one and she’s re-recording her old albums to gain ownership of them. Taylor is in an interesting place because Midnights is an effect of her re-recording process. An album that relies on her past works and is retrospective hence why several of the songs recall to songs from her older albums. It works because she is redoing every song in her catalogue 

First off I just want to say that TS is on par with madonna in terns of being a pop giant. She NEVER borrows from Madonna and came out totally original.

AS FOR MADONNA - she needs a BIG new tour soon. I would love to see it broken into sections that concentrate on her catalogue of hits while promoting new music.

OPEN NEW VIDEO AND NEW SONG (her new single) New York SECTION

LOOK: Punk inspired by her early street look. NO WIGS. Hair tied in a rag

Everybody

Physical Attraction

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

INTERLUDE 1 NEW VIDEO AND NEW SONG Pop Superstar SECTION

LOOK: All Black layers that can be removed throughout/boustier/sexy. Hair remove rag and reveal blonde curls

Like A Virgin

Open Your Heart

Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

Interlude 2 Movie compilation reel Madonna at the Movies SECTION 

LOOK: Hollywood inspired sequined gown over velvet pants. Hair pilled on top of her head

This Used to be My Playground

Sooner or Later

You Must Love Me

Crazy For You

Into The Groove

Interlude 3 NEW SONG AND VIDEO Celebration of LIfe SECTION

LOOK: All white chiffon and crystals, Flowing. Hair taken down all messy and free

Secret

Like A Prayer

Ray of Light

Come Alive

Encore  Fifty number ones SECTION

LOOK: Jeans, T Shirt and leather jacket. Hair BIG fun hat

Music

Hollywood

Hung Up

Finally Enough Love

This would be a great way to premiere her videos and new music without compromising the hits.

2 hours ago, vadge said:

It IS a testament to her staying power (and ability to keep that teenage basic white girl demographic in a permanent chokehold) but the fact that literally everything she touches is a huge success, no matter how amazing or abysmal it is, means she can never be on par with the Madonna's, Janet's and Beyonce's of the industry. She can outsell, outchart, outtour everyone and it'll still never make her success authentic. She just has a dedicated and huge fan base.

How is it not authentic? Nothing she's done can be deemed "abysmal," so not sure how you can come to that conclusion. It's been largely pop music with memorable hooks. Having a large dedicated fan base is like the ultimate factor of success lol.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic