New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

43 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

It feels like comparing female artists and saying this one is the new something is like saying they are all disposable. 

5 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Totally - !

100% agree ! Ok there are some pretty boring female singers out there and to a certain extent you can compare them, but damn, comparing Susan to Dita, or Veronica Electronica to Esther, or M-Dolla to Madame X is implying they are disposable and that is very disrespectful.

1 minute ago, TonyMontana said:

100% agree ! Ok there are some pretty boring female singers out there and to a certain extent you can compare them, but damn, comparing Susan to Dita, or Veronica Electronica to Esther, or M-Dolla to Madame X is implying they are disposable and that is very disrespectful.

Exactly - everyone deserves to be compared to themselves and no body else - no one is better or worse - they are just them, an artist. If they get great success, fab, if not, ok.

Pop stars aren’t really disposable like they were in the 80’s or 90’s. They all have long careers now. And imo its nothing to do with the quality of their output. It’s all marketing.

Nobody is on the level of the greats we all grew up with (Bowie, Madonna, MJ, George Michael, Prince and so on.) So that’s why we compare them, because we see how phoney and manufactured things are nowadays. Most of them are brands more than artists.

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Pop stars aren’t really disposable like they were in the 80’s or 90’s. They all have long careers now. And imo its nothing to do with the quality of their output. It’s all marketing.

Nobody is on the level of the greats we all grew up with (Bowie, Madonna, MJ, George Michael, Prince and so on.) So that’s why we compare them, because we see how phoney and manufactured things are nowadays. Most of them are brands more than artists.

Agreed - and there is a lot more ageism now - eg in the 80s many artists in their 40s and 50s could enjoy hits 

And also Madonna is the last of the superstars 

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Agreed - and there is a lot more ageism now - eg in the 80s many artists in their 40s and 50s could enjoy hits 

And also Madonna is the last of the superstars 

True - but I wouldn't say that Taylor or Gaga or Dua don't have talent - and all deserve their own success.

I agree about ageism 100% - but that's just down to the access people have to music now - streaming - so a lot of the success the newer artists are having is through MASSIVE streams - older stars don't have the fanbase to do that.

It's interesting though, I don't know the answer - but it's an interesting discussion!

I do however see ARIA changing it's charts - where you have Taylor now at 1, 7, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 30, 31, 36, 46 - I mean how did she do that - her whole album every song has been a smash hit or charted!

We need to use our collective as a fanbase to switch it -  get those streams way up on what they have been for Madge!

28 minutes ago, Jackie said:

True - but I wouldn't say that Taylor or Gaga or Dua don't have talent - and all deserve their own success.

I agree about ageism 100% - but that's just down to the access people have to music now - streaming - so a lot of the success the newer artists are having is through MASSIVE streams - older stars don't have the fanbase to do that

Mmmm anyone who can sing or write a good song has talent and there are millions in the world who can do that just as well or even better than Taylor Swift. But all these mainstream artists have major promotion from labels that give them exposure on streaming platforms, social media, YouTube etc. It doesn't just happen because they are the best out there. Its all paid for. There is imo far superior music out there that never makes the charts.

I know for a fact that when I made a playlist in 2020 with 100 songs on it whenever I pressed shuffle the one Gaga song on there always came up first. Its not a coincidence.

31 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I do however see ARIA changing it's charts - where you have Taylor now at 1, 7, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 30, 31, 36, 46 - I mean how did she do that - her whole album every song has been a smash hit or charted!

If there was streaming and the chart rules were different in the 90's Madonna, Alanis, Mariah, Spice Girls, Shania, Nirvana, Backstreet Boys... pretty much everyone would have achieved that.

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

We need to use our collective as a fanbase to switch it -  get those streams way up on what they have been for Madge!

Taylor Swifts achievement is a result of the mass consumer market which says nothing about the actual quality of her album. I guess it would be nice if Madge got a stronger presence on streaming but is that really going to matter in the long run? it would take a miracle for her to have anything she releases chart and I am actually ok with that because the charts have been irrelevant for a long time. Years from now, nobody is going to care how many tracks Taylor Swift had in a chart that lacks any artistic credibility or long term impact.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Mmmm anyone who can sing or write a good song has talent and there are millions in the world who can do that just as well or even better than Taylor Swift. But all these mainstream artists have major promotion from labels that give them exposure on streaming platforms, social media, YouTube etc. It doesn't just happen because they are the best out there. Its all paid for. There is imo far superior music out there that never makes the charts.

I know for a fact that when I made a playlist in 2020 with 100 songs on it whenever I pressed shuffle the one Gaga song on there always came up first. Its not a coincidence.

100 per cent agree- it’s easier to be successful when you already are - and it’s also about being in the right place at the right time - I don’t know how Taylor got picked up - but Gaga spent years performing at gay bars - and got picked up - 

15 minutes ago, Jackie said:

100 per cent agree- it’s easier to be successful when you already are - and it’s also about being in the right place at the right time - I don’t know how Taylor got picked up - but Gaga spent years performing at gay bars - and got picked up - 

Gaga, love her or hate her, has exceptional talent as a vocalist and performer and she and her creative team build an incredible image and visuals from the get go that stood out amongst everyone else. Including Madonna at that time.

Taylor for me is boring but I think anyone of that level of success has worked very hard to achieve it and maintain it otherwise they wouldn’t be there. So good for her. But I won’t listen to her fans saying she’s a creative or musical genius because she really is not even close. Im surprised by her immense success but I suppose it’s a sign of the times.

btw , is a stadium show better than an arena show? I mean regarding stage set up (see Conessions DVD tiny arena vs big arenas) I love those curtains left and right from the stage making the stage appear much bigger, but having a lower tier seat its way better. Those of you who have seen the show in an arena vs stadium, what do you think? I remember seeing the Confessions Tour in Hannover and Duesselforf and I had a side view seat and it was amazing, how close the little catwalk on the right side was near the lower tiers, but in Hannover it was dreadful (ugly stadium, cold...)

On 11/10/2022 at 12:56 AM, Drownedboy said:

Madonna is the one that started this whole thing about Britney being the next Madonna with the kiss on mtv and all of that, like saying I´m in the league of the blonde pop tarts. So reductive for her legacy and her amazing impact and position, if you ask me. 

A woman who once did LAP or ROL should have never done a move like that. A terrible step that showed that in september of 2003 she was already struggling and desperate to keep the atention.

How exactly does her championing Britney in any way reduce M's legacy?  M is hardly the first or only person to suggest that Britney would be in line to take up the "blonde pop tart" mantle.  And the kiss was an instantaneous iconic moment not only for Madonna's and Britney's careers, but for MTV and pop culture in general.  I don't understand how that could be considered a "terrible step" by any stretch.  Its one thing if you find it silly or distasteful or however you feel about it, but I think you're projecting a bit here.

Truth is that she's an egocentric bitch if she doesn't acknowledge anyone else outside of herself but she's also a reductive idiot if she actually supports other artists, I've seen both things being put against her. I prefer her supporting others tbh (even tho they don't deserve it but that's just my opinion lol) 

On 11/16/2022 at 12:55 PM, Robertthenurse said:

Speculation. 

Actually some negotiations are going forward in South America. When are they gonna make the official announcement? Has she found her House personal trainer? Will she be in form when the tour starts?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

On 11/16/2022 at 12:11 PM, stancherry said:

btw , is a stadium show better than an arena show? I mean regarding stage set up (see Conessions DVD tiny arena vs big arenas) I love those curtains left and right from the stage making the stage appear much bigger, but having a lower tier seat its way better. Those of you who have seen the show in an arena vs stadium, what do you think? I remember seeing the Confessions Tour in Hannover and Duesselforf and I had a side view seat and it was amazing, how close the little catwalk on the right side was near the lower tiers, but in Hannover it was dreadful (ugly stadium, cold...)

I saw Sticky & Sweet in an arena (Toronto) and a stadium (Detroit). And I much preferred in an arena. I was pretty close to the stage in both shows but in a Stadium it still feels like you’re far away even if you’re close. I see no point in going to a stadium show if I’m not going to be next to the stage tbh. I’m an arena no matter where you sit it still feels close-ish. Saw Britney’s Black Onyx tour from the nose bleeds and it wasn’t bad at all. 

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

I saw Sticky & Sweet in an arena (Toronto) and a stadium (Detroit). And I much preferred in an arena. I was pretty close to the stage in both shows but in a Stadium it still feels like you’re far away even if you’re close. I see no point in going to a stadium show if I’m not going to be next to the stage tbh. I’m an arena no matter where you sit it still feels close-ish. Saw Britney’s Black Onyx tour from the nose bleeds and it wasn’t bad at all. 

Agree! I much prefer an arena over a stadium - 

On 11/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, Drownedboy said:

It´s absolutely reductive putting herself in the same artistic league with Britney, in my opinion. But lately M is very reductive towards her past, her legend and her amazing legacy, as trying to not having nothing in common with it.

My thoughts are best summed up by Rocco Ritchie playing himself in the smash hit documentary "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret".

I will now recite an excerpt. 

"What in the heck are you talking about?!"

That concludes the scene. 

Molly Shannon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic