New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

This tour is gonna need all the marketing possible, 'cause even promoting it as a GH Tour might not be enough. I'm talking about selling it as a “Farewell Tour”: “come see Madonna do all her hits one last time”, “she's saying goodbye to tours, relive the soundtrack of your life with her and celebrate her farewell after 40 years” (even if she doesn't really retire from making music).

Maybe even with a tribute performance at a big awards show to celebrate her 40 years of career. She really needs a boost more than ever!

15 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

This tour is gonna need all the marketing possible, 'cause even promoting it as a GH Tour might not be enough. I'm talking about selling it as a “Farewell Tour”: “come see Madonna do all her hits one last time”, “she's saying goodbye to tours, relive the soundtrack of your life with her and celebrate her farewell after 40 years” (even if she doesn't really retire from making music).

Maybe even with a tribute performance at a big awards show to celebrate her 40 years of career. She really needs a boost more than ever!

Madonna will never retire from touring and performing as long as she is physically able. Advertising it as a greatest hits affair is perfectly fine, nobody wants to see Madonna pulling a Cher and embarking on multitudes of fake farewell tours.

The obvious marketing catch would be announcing a "Greatest Hits" type of tour.

But that would be her "playing the game" and giving people what they want. She has only done that once in the past (regarding tours), with "The Re-Invention Tour" in 2004, after the "American Life" fiasco, marketed as a greatest hits tour since day 1:

2004-re-invention-tour-posters-4.jpg2004-re-invention-tour-posters-3.jpg?str2004-re-invention-tour-posters-5.jpg?str

It will be interesting to see the approach to this new one..

Exciting!

39 minutes ago, androiduser said:

you are forgetting that not only mega fans attend tours... an average person won't go again after feeling disappointed once. Fans who will put up with anything are a loyal minority, a successful arena tour needs the general public.

Yet you're forgetting the Madame X Tour wasn't exactly targeted to the 'average person' as it was more of a theatrical 'intimate' experience, and it was definetely more expensive ticket-wise and less "general public" centered than the past tour (Rebel Heart).

The tour hasn't even been announced and so many here are already so negative about it, but when the moment comes those same people are the first to grab ticket(s).

1 hour ago, Desolation Row said:

Madonna will never retire from touring and performing as long as she is physically able. Advertising it as a greatest hits affair is perfectly fine, nobody wants to see Madonna pulling a Cher and embarking on multitudes of fake farewell tours.

She could still be performing after this, but maybe not in stadiums or arenas anymore. M is not Cher: even at her lowest, attending her concerts is like watching a hurricane live! So this may be her last chance to make one of those shows that we're used to when we think of the “Madonna Live” concept. I mean, maybe scaled down a bit (because she's not 40 anymore), but still a last round of “that” powerful Madonna. 
I also coincide with you: she would never retire and will keep releasing new music forever. But a big tour? Hmm maybe those days are coming to an end sooner than later.mp3

Ps.: I still believe that “Farewell Tour” is a great way to market this. She loves money. And she's a troll xd

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

The tour hasn't even been announced and so many here are already so negative about it, but when the moment comes those same people are the first to grab ticket(s).

This is the paradox many fans are experiencing and we should reflect on this with maturity and not with sarcasm.

I totally understand @DaddyZ feelings although I hope he will stop reacting with bad words.

But I also hope the others won't make fun of those who have these mixed emotions. I feel really bad about these emotions. If a tour is announced I know I can't not go because I am a loyal fan and it could be one of the last opportunities, but at the same time I don't want to spend thousands of euros anymore because I don't like her artistic choices of the past three years - I don't like her music, I don't like her style and attitude. And after MadameX (which I saw 4 times and generally enjoyed, not as much as RHT) I lost all hope to hear live instruments and real vocals ever again.

I could care less how many tickets she sells, none of that has any influence on me enjoying the concert or not. What people really need to be talking about is if her body will actually be able to handle a full scale tour. Another thing is that she needs to actually bring in people who play live music, I went to a madame x show and the overuse of lip syncing to backing tracks was ridiculous. I get that she is a performance artist and I understand this type of stuff at certain times but not when it exists for nearly 100% of the show and is blatantly obvious to everyone in the audience. 

1 hour ago, vadge said:

because I don't see anyone giving a fat rats about seeing Finally Enough Love live.

Ahh, but you're forgetting the real "variable"?  When has a tour title been an indication of what she will perform?  Who's That Girl? tour just wasn't songs from that film soundtrack.  Sure, most of her tours were usually centered around the latest studio album, but FEL is a celebration of all her biggest dance hits.  Didn't she say she wanted to dance again?  My impression, if it's titled "Finally Enough Love", then she's just using the name for the theme.  It sounds more like she wants to perform a lot of her greatest (dance) hits, which many were her biggest iconic hits.  It doesn't mean that's all we're going to get.  We also know she's been in the studio recording new material, so there is a good chance there will be a tie into that.  This very well may go a similar way to how the Blond Ambition Tour rolled out.  She may release a single prior to the tour, then a new album/ep of music in the Spring, (very much like the release of Vogue and I'm Breathless in 1990) while all at the same time, focus her tour on the new music as well as many of her past dance hits.  Let's not forget that many times her tour performances are based off of her remixes.  So thematically, I see how it ties into FEL as well as a great way to promote that release and whatever else comes along the way.  At the end of the day, it comes off more like a Greatest Hits tour.  If marketed in such a way, and even hinting it could be her last without saying it's her "Farewell Tour", it will do well.  Even her previous tours, many kept saying, "this could be her last", and even the fan base figured she wasn't going to tour again, but here we are on the brink of a new tour announcement! :)

7 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Cause moaning about something that hasn't been even announced yet is, like, super-duper mature? :)

Yes, because if a tour is announced on Monday we have to decide if we want to invest a lot of time and money for this tour. You know very well that you have to buy tickets one year in advance, based on trust. For instance for MXT I bought tickets expecting a different show in terms of theatricality and musical choices. If they announce a tour on Monday we have to buy tickets in a moment when we see M not ready at all to tour.

So I think all these mixed feelings are pretty normal in this specific moment, I wouldn't call it "moaning".

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

This is the paradox many fans are experiencing and we should reflect on this with maturity and not with sarcasm.

I totally understand @DaddyZ feelings although I hope he will stop reacting with bad words.

But I also hope the others won't make fun of those who have these mixed emotions. I feel really bad about these emotions. If a tour is announced I know I can't not go because I am a loyal fan and it could be one of the last opportunities, but at the same time I don't want to spend thousands of euros anymore because I don't like her artistic choices of the past three years - I don't like her music, I don't like her style and attitude. And after MadameX (which I saw 4 times and generally enjoyed, not as much as RHT) I lost all hope to hear live instruments and real vocals ever again.

10060162-C036-4-DD2-ACD8-ED0-AD90-F9011.

I hope she doesn't name it a 'farewell' tour or anything like that

I would love her to do a tour like tears of a clown but with a hits set list  -  no massive production or dancers screens etc - she does not need them -  the highlights of the last few tours have included when it is just her on the stage like the surprise songs in Rebel Heart and Love spent from MDNA

35 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I hope she doesn't name it a 'farewell' tour or anything like that

I would love her to do a tour like tears of a clown but with a hits set list  -  no massive production or dancers screens etc - she does not need them -  the highlights of the last few tours have included when it is just her on the stage like the surprise songs in Rebel Heart and Love spent from MDNA

No, this new tour needs to be a huge spectacle.  Leave a scale backed show for a TV acoustic special (which will never probably happen).  Lots of hits and a huge production will do her wonders.  She needn't to be as active as a dancer, but she is able to spotlight her own dancers which balances that out.

I will say; I prefer her to bring back the live band rather rely on pre-recorded vocals. Something in between Girlie Show and Confession Tour. While the latter did rely on a lot of pre-recorded vocals, it didn't seem as obvious as tours that followed. 

2 minutes ago, vesalii said:

Madonna? Stadium Tour? Lol she can't even dance anymore.

Cher doesn't dance anymore and still tours and is still AMAZING - you don't need to dance to put on an amazing show- we need to adjust our expectations - she's 64, turning 65 next year - she isn't gonna dance like she did - but she can still put on an AMAZING show.

We will see and I´m glad she does some real work at last if this happens, but she should have been training voice and body and dancing and not drinking and eating healthy for a while in order to do this properly in the league of what she has known for doing due to her legendary carreer. Judging from what she has been giving us those last two years: she has been doing plastic procedures, eating what she wants, drinking, not giving a damn about anything, "enjoying her life", and a few months will not be enough, unless she has been secretly giving her all..In that case I would have loved much more a more uplifting video on her instagram account doing vocals warming ups with a coach than those terrible pictures on the bathroom. We´ll see.

33 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

WOOO, bad Madonna enjoying her life while her fans are miserable because of her :Madonna057:

Too extremist isn´t it? Saying I´m miserable because of Madonna LOL what a crazy stament. Have a good day and let people say it like they think it is ( that freedom of speech Madonna always talked about).

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic