New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

5 hours ago, Jackie said:

Cher doesn't dance anymore and still tours and is still AMAZING - you don't need to dance to put on an amazing show- we need to adjust our expectations - she's 64, turning 65 next year - she isn't gonna dance like she did - but she can still put on an AMAZING show.

Its unfair to expect Madonna to move the way she used to onstage, personally I would not mind if she cut out a lot of dancing altogether and reinvented her method of performance. All that dancing has a negative impact on her vocals.

4 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

"bitches", harmless much.

Bringing back the same old tired joke on this thread that has already fought over the "late Madonna" for 275389 pages is trolling, yes.

So sensitive lmao, bitches is just what people say in here sometimes. Madonna herself often refers to her fans as bitches in a harmless way. Anyway I am not gonna respond again because you seem a bit pressed or just misread the meaning of comments and who I was referring to as bitches.

6 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Thinking of this bitch going on a "greatest hits tour"... How is she supposed to bring her hits when she has like, 40 smash songs in her catalog and she can barely fit 20 in a show? This thought always makes me upset LOL 💀 

Could be worse - she could be like Janet and do a super long 2 hour medley of snippets of all her songs. 

6 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Thinking of this bitch going on a "greatest hits tour"... How is she supposed to bring her hits when she has like, 40 smash songs in her catalog and she can barely fit 20 in a show? This thought always makes me upset LOL 💀 

Maybe something like the 16 track FEL songs list...

4 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Maybe something like the 16 track FEL songs list...

I'd HATE this with my whole heart... Let's not even joke about that lol. 

5 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Could be worse - she could be like Janet and do a super long 2 hour medley of snippets of all her songs. 

A whole show like that??? 💀 She should do a few mash-ups tbh, similar / fitting songs could be put together to put more hits in the setlist by sticking to the usual 2 hours / 20 songs length, it's unbelievable that someone like her can only perform so little of her catalog, I hope she does that. Two or three mash-ups would be enough and great imo. 

It's Madonna, she won't go by the book and maybe not een putting tracks from FEL in the setlist hahaha

She's probably gonna chose her favourite house tracks & remixes from her career and mix them with classic house tracks, it's a pattern she has followed since DWT. She's gonna chose the tracks that fits her vision of the show and adapt them to it.

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

Come on, be realistic?  Are you really expecting this?  A typical show is about 20 to 24 songs.  If you account interludes, maybe 20 actual performed songs.  She can easily perform a Greatest Hits show by performing 12 to 16 biggest hits and leave room for a few new songs. 

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

Come on, be realistic?  Are you really expecting this?  A typical show is about 20 to 24 songs.  If you account interludes, maybe 20 actual performed songs.  She can easily perform a Greatest Hits show by performing 12 to 16 biggest hits and leave room for a few new songs. 

This. The question is what songs will be considered "must" greatest hits vs. which ones could be on the chopping block.

It seems any of the below would be a little ridiculous to exclude from a Madonna greatest hits tour:

• Holiday
  • Into the Groove
  • Like a Virgin
  • Material Girl
  • Express Yourself
  • Like a Prayer
  • Vogue
  • Music
  • Hung Up

That's 9 songs already. So the question is what the remaining 11-12 songs might be.

Realistically, there are big hits that ultimately aren't going to make the show. 

3 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

This. The question is what songs will be considered "must" greatest hits vs. which ones could be on the chopping block.

It seems any of the below would be a little ridiculous to exclude from a Madonna greatest hits tour:

• Holiday
  • Into the Groove
  • Like a Virgin
  • Material Girl
  • Express Yourself
  • Like a Prayer
  • Vogue
  • Music
  • Hung Up

That's 9 songs already. So the question is what the remaining 11-12 songs might be.

Realistically, there are big hits that ultimately aren't going to make the show. 

Yes, we have to be realistic here.  It's easy to assume she will do the most iconic hits which is among your list.  Though, I can see her leaving a few of them out since she performed them on her previous tours.

4 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Obviously her BIGGEST AND BEST HITS FROM MADAME X:

Killers Who Are Partying 🕺🪩💃🏼

Extreme Occident

I Don’t Search I Find

madonna 2019 bbmas GIF by Billboard Music Awards

I could see her squeezing in IDSIF (personally I'd love a big performance of it somewhere at the beginning or end), but bb, the rest of that album is being left off the setlist for sure lol.

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I could see her squeezing in IDSIF (personally I'd love a big performance of it somewhere at the beginning or end), but bb, the rest of that album is being left off the setlist for sure lol.

Omg come to think of it. It’s actually a CRIME we never got a massive televised performance for that song. She’s so bad at picking performances. She perfomed goddamn Future with Quavo instead of IDSIF

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

Omg come to think of it. It’s actually a CRIME we never got a massive televised performance for that song. She’s so bad at picking performances. She perfomed goddamn Future with Quavo instead of IDSIF

It's the only song from the album that gets universal praise from casuals and ex-fans when I play Madame X. Idk what she was thinking not making it the lead single. It definitely deserves a spot in the upcoming tour. 

It's such a good book end to her greatest hits too. It's like taking the best elements of Vogue (the beat), Music (the bassline), Confessions era (the spiritual lyrics over dance beats), Justify My Love / Erotica era (the spoken lyrics), and putting it all together into one song. 

3 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

It's the only song from the album that gets universal praise from casuals and ex-fans when I play Madame X. Idk what she was thinking not making it the lead single. It definitely deserves a spot in the upcoming tour. 

It's such a good book end to her greatest hits too. It's like taking the best elements of Vogue (the beat), Music (the bassline), Confessions era (the spiritual lyrics over dance beats), Justify My Love / Erotica era (the spoken lyrics), and putting it all together into one song. 

Thank god she recognizes how great it is now and named her Remix album after it. It’s such a bop! I hope the new house album  (songs) takes after it

9 minutes ago, Josh Wang said:

I kinda start doubting this 'Monday announcement' rumour cuz till today, no venues seem to be teasing a Madonna tour on social media. This is very unusual.

who started this rumor??  

Madonna peacefully eating potatoes at home and making silly photoshoots in her bathroom and her fans waiting for tour announcement this monday 😂

9 minutes ago, moloko said:

who started this rumor??  

Madonna peacefully eating potatoes at home and making silly photoshoots in her bathroom and her fans waiting for tour announcement this monday 😂

I think someone from MTribe?

Tho she posted on instagram stories a couple months ago her designing a stage so that’s the only reason I’m like 100% into this rumor

I can see the following based on her preference of songs she picked for FEL:

Everybody

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Deeper and Deeper

Frozen

Music

Hung Up

Give It 2 Me

Celebration

IDSIF

Vogue and Like a Prayer are expected now due to the general public, I suppose. Which I always enjoy so no complaints. I don’t see MDNA and Rebel Heart getting much inclusion but Girl Gone Wild and BIM might could get mixed in somehow or LFL. She’s included LIB in the last two tours so she could treat it like Vogue and LAP and just put it in or maybe pick Open Your Heart. I don’t find she sings that the best really anymore but it was nice hearing the snippets of it back during that charity event for DiCaprio. And I’m sure she will keep elements of the latest mixes of Hung Up, Frozen, and or Material Girl for the tour if she does any or all of them. The productions on all were refreshing and current sounding regardless of what some may complain about. She’s gonna pander in five different directions regardless. Old hits, new remixes, trendy music elements, sex etc lol. 

2 hours ago, DanM said:

My only request is to mix the songs. Since MDNA tour she mostly performs album versions of oldies and to me it's super boring. Bring Stuart back 🙏 but she won't 😅

But you know, Honey Dijon has been remixing her remixes in the past. The only one that leaked is MAW's Erotica but she also remixed Tenaglia's Human nature....so maybe Madonna noticed...

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic