New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Come on, be realistic?  Are you really expecting this?  A typical show is about 20 to 24 songs.  If you account interludes, maybe 20 actual performed songs.  She can easily perform a Greatest Hits show by performing 12 to 16 biggest hits and leave room for a few new songs. 

I know 40 songs can't be squeezed into one show, that's why I say "it makes me upset" 😂 but I think a couple mashups could be good to serve to add 2-3 songs to the setlist imo

My safe bet about the setlist:

-Holiday 

-Like a Virgin 

-Material Girl

-Into the Groove

-Papa Don't Preach 

-La Isla 

-Like a Prayer 

-Express Yourself 

-Vogue 

-Frozen 

-Music 

-Hung Up 

Plausible choices + that I wish for:

-Erotica 

-Deeper 

-Secret 

-Ray of Light 

-Don't Tell Me 

-Sorry 

-Bitch I'm Madonna 

-I Don't Search I Find

22 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I know 40 songs can't be squeezed into one show, that's why I say "it makes me upset" 😂 but I think a couple mashups could be good to serve to add 2-3 songs to the setlist imo

A setlist of 40 songs would be 4 hours long, who wants that for real? 

Prince could do 4 hours shows because he had a band who would support him and perform ad libs, with long instrumental segments, etc.

A 4 hour M show would cost twice as much to produce, so tickets would at least cost twice as much, etc. etc. 

Not realistic at all.

I imagine a contemporary cabaret / burlesque nightclub extravaganza with lots of thematic medleys (FEL club bangers, ROL/Orbit suite, Blonde Ambition recreation, COADF discofied 80s hits, ...), futuristic video projections and avatars as in ABBA Voyage, with little dancing by her, and prerecorded vocals save for 2 or 3 solo/slow intros or outros including Sickick Frozen, an oldie like TUTBMP / TAB / IWY and a new song or a cover from Prince of Bowie.

And no Vogue, only an interlude made of Beyonce's "Queen Mother Madonna I luvya" from BMS Queens remix on repeat and Hung Up on Tokischa to piss this forum off.

1 hour ago, Spanky1995 said:

Wasn't  specifically aimed at you and not just people on this forum....its being said everywhere its like shit in a field 

I didn’t take it personal, I didn’t mention her dancing in previous comments but yeah, I don’t care if she doesn’t dance anymore and focuses on her other talents. In fact I’d prefer it. 

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

My safe bet about the setlist:

-Holiday 

-Like a Virgin 

-Material Girl

-Into the Groove

-Papa Don't Preach 

-La Isla 

-Like a Prayer 

-Express Yourself 

-Vogue 

-Frozen 

-Music 

-Hung Up 

Plausible choices + that I wish for:

-Erotica 

-Deeper 

-Secret 

-Ray of Light 

-Don't Tell Me 

-Sorry 

-Bitch I'm Madonna 

-I Don't Search I Find

I think IDSIF has a more safe spot on a setlist than PDP. But apart from that, your songs choice is exactly what I'm expecting too!

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

But you know, Honey Dijon has been remixing her remixes in the past. The only one that leaked is MAW's Erotica but she also remixed Tenaglia's Human nature....so maybe Madonna noticed...

I'd much rather have a new Madonna album of all house music produced by Honey Dijon than a greatest hits tour to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So they’re saying a tour is being announced on Monday? Is this just a fan rumour or is it actually happening?

50/50

Some people came with the Monday thing out of the blue, but were specific enough to just be a made up rumor.

While at the same time, other reliable sources (like Madonna Fan Party UK) have been teasing that something tour related is about to come… but in more criptic way. So yeah, something's coming over and it could be sooner than expected.

27 minutes ago, vadge said:

I keep forgetting this is a completely baseless rumour that is more than likely complete fan-fiction.

It's only been a few days since this has been mentioned.  Whatever happens Monday, we do have several indications a tour may be in production. Including Madonna herself mentionining she was interested in touring again, and the fact she posted an image with Jamie King a month or so back.  It's not "baseless"!  I wouldn't rule it out because we also have heard rumors of venues being scheduled as well.  We'll find out Monday.  It's seems like a perfect time for her to annouce a summer tour.  The holidays are a great time to sell concert tickets.   

Edited by tscott (see edit history)

2 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

50/50

Some people came with the Monday thing out of the blue, but were specific enough to just be a made up rumor.

While at the same time, other reliable sources (like Madonna Fan Party UK) have been teasing that something tour related is about to come… but in more criptic way. So yeah, something's coming over and it could be sooner than expected.

I would trust Madonna Fan Party Uk. The guy that runs that works or used to work for Live Nation from memory I’m pretty sure. And that event is officially recognized by her team, they give them stuff to giveaway at the event etc. So they’re a reliable source.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I would trust Madonna Fan Party Uk. The guy that runs that works or used to work for Live Nation from memory I’m pretty sure. And that event is officially recognized by her team, they give them stuff to giveaway at the event etc. So they’re a reliable source.

@andifeelis this you by any chance 

I’m actually more intrigued than normal with this information because I cannot imagine a Madonna tour being the top of a promoters list at the moment, nor an insurers… and unfortunately not the general publics.  If pop stars had approval/popularity ratings I imagine Madonna’s would be frankly, catastrophic at present, purely as a result of Instagram and Post-Eurovision belief that she’s past it/lost it… and that’s before we consider the lateness that has plagued her UK shows since 2009.

However. Depending on at what angle they announce this tour, I think I’ll go for cheap tickets. Could be our last chance to ever see her live,  so I’d rather go along and show support. As long as it’s a greatest hits tour or a tour of an old album I’m looking forward to it. 

25 years of Ray of Light tour works for me… 

7 hours ago, Spanky1995 said:

@andifeelis this you by any chance 

:)

For background : There is a small team of us. I host the events and do the videos / music. Others on the team work with the venue, run the social channels etc.

Madonna's management have endorsed and supported us for almost 20 years now to make sure the events are kept free with lots of giveaways, signed items, exclusive remixes & videos, marketing and advertising.

Sometimes we get exclusive information from M's team.- for example, we were given the single, exclusive news break on some of her recent live appearances directly to break to fans. As always, if and when teasers are posted, they're exactly that - teasers. Any official announcement from any artist would always be made clear as an announcement when her team deem thats appropriate and not before.  So if there's a silence it's because people either know but can't say, or have been given a teaser to post without specifics - or simply don't know. 

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic