New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

5 hours ago, adirondak said:

They also don’t give people like Cher or Dolly a hard time about surgeries and fillers. I think part of that is because both Cher and Dolly submitted to the public, and they frequently joke about their own surgeries and appearances and being / growing old. Madonna refuses to talk about hers, and so they just keep bullying her trying to force her too. Even her own fans act like she doesn’t know she doesn’t really look like the filtered photos. I think Madonna is well aware of all of it, but simply doesn’t feel she needs to submit on that level.  It’s part of misogyny, as men frequently are not asked to own up to cosmetic procedures the same way women are. Nobody asks Tom Cruise what he’s had done or acts like he owes it to the public to tell them all about it. 

The more she dodges the questions about her cosmetic surgeries the more hard times she’ll get from them.

Simply saying “my body my choice” will never make them go away.  Maybe she should act more aggressively & stand up against the public shaming of cosmetic surgery once and for all.

FAB6470D-A75A-4652-9E29-A29BDDD580CF.thumb.jpeg.7844838f5d14a8a4818ebdad42ef1430.jpeg

11 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

Madonna looks like a shell of herself compared to the Rebel Heart era, heck even from the Madame X era just 3 years ago. Even her interviews aren't as stimulating as when she was promoting Rebel Heart. During the tour in 2015-16 she still looked great. She hadn't begun to reinvent herself with surgery. She has been getting procedures done for decades but she didn't look drastically different until a few years ago. Now she doesn't seem as coordinated, as focused or as confident. When she fell at the Brit Awards she got back up and finished the performance. If she fell now I think she'd roll over.

Rebel Heart was 7 years ago. We all age and deteriorate. No matter how many procedures one has, decline will happen. Sometimes it happens slowly Sometimes quickly. She is human too. I don't expect her to be Madonna from Blond Ambition anymore.

4 hours ago, rgdlee said:

The more she dodges the questions about her cosmetic surgeries the more hard times she’ll get from them.

Simply saying “my body my choice” will never make them go away.  Maybe she should act more aggressively & stand up against the public shaming of cosmetic surgery once and for all.

Why should she give in to bullying though??? She has said on many occasions that it's her body and she will do what she pleases with it, both in interviews and on Instagram posts. I don't believe she needs to address it any more than this. Fuck that, that's just giving in to harassment. Saying I've had a facelift or a butt lift will not deter the world's tabloids. They've been at her from Day 1. Nothing will stop them.

My worries are about her recent behaviour and her strange sense of style in the last years, especially Balenciaga.

I don't like her "fuck everybody, I'm a bitch" attitude and trying to be sexy and sexual all the time. It worked in the early 90's, but not nowadays.

I would like a different show, less coreography and a real band, and a segment like Rebel Heart Tour in which she sings different forgotten songs, like Angel, Bad Girl, Physical Attraction and The Power of Goodbye.

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Imagine if she brought Stuart back as musical director + Omar on drums and Monty on guitar, and give the gays everything they want by bringing back Donna and Nikki :Madonna041:

I just want this karaoke band to be gone.

I miss the feeling of live instruments, for real.

I read on atrl that a show is rumored in Seattle? anyone knew?

Page 5 of Madonna touring stadiums and super arenas thread:

"Yup, too many venues are leaking info. 

Seattle in July 

Multiple SA dates have been booked 

+Paris"

He's not the insider.. he is only compiling the info till now.. but it's the first time seeing Seattle... anyone knows?

22 hours ago, Enrico said:

I was doing dental cleaning this morning and my dentist started talking about M (yes, she knows I am a fan but she likes her too), saying how terrible she is with grillz because she can't even speak, and how her face has changed and how she thought the eye patch was meant to hide a bad eye surgery.

I was receiving the teeth procedure so I couldn't answer :laughing:

But I fear this is what the general public thinks today...

This is exactly what they think

13 hours ago, rgdlee said:

When does she ever get asked about that anyway. She doesn’t need to talk about it. It’s not like she sits there denying it.

22 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Here's the thing - the GP makes fun of her face constantly but that doesn't mean they still don't listen to her music.

I think that’s true. I hear her music EVERYWHERE I go. You know, supermarkets, shopping centres, bars… I hear her more than Michael Jackson, Prince, Mariah etc.

I think the determining factor on how it will sell will be price. If she charges prices like Rebel Heart again for arena seats up the back, forget it. But if the prices are more realistic and she promotes that she’s performing her hits casual fans will totally go. People go to see Shania Twain and Alanis for goodness sake and they both only had 1 hit album.

Several days have passed and I still can't get over the anger and frustration I felt after discovering that the rumor that Madonna would announce her new world tour this week turned out to be a big lie. It made me feel like a fool  because I feel like I should have maintained even a modicum of skepticism and not blindly believed everything that was said. Probably the anxiety and desperation to see her live for the first time in my life was to blame for all of this. And it is not only for this reason, but also to feel that everything has finally returned to normal after being locked up at home because of the Covid, since the return of the big concerts is the last sign we need to feel that everything has returned to be like before.

Although it is true that Covid 19 was in a certain way something positive for the world, since it meant a respite for our beloved planet by reducing the emission of polluting gases and the depredation of natural resources, no one thought that social confinement would last for so long, but fortunately thereturn of great concerts like Madonna's in 2023 will make us feel that we have fully woken up from a terrible nightmare that no one could have foreseen but that I hope has served as a lesson for the entire world and to treat our planet better, which is the only place that we have to live.

22 hours ago, adirondak said:

They also don’t give people like Cher or Dolly a hard time about surgeries and fillers. I think part of that is because both Cher and Dolly submitted to the public, and they frequently joke about their own surgeries and appearances and being / growing old. Madonna refuses to talk about hers, and so they just keep bullying her trying to force her to. Even her own fans act like she doesn’t know she doesn’t really look like the filtered photos. I think Madonna is well aware of all of it, but simply doesn’t feel she needs to submit on that level.  It’s part of misogyny, as men frequently are not asked to own up to cosmetic procedures the same way women are. Nobody asks Tom Cruise what he’s had done or acts like he owes it to the public to tell them all about it. 

Cher was given a hard time about it especially throughout the 90's and 2000's.   She never really talks about it either.  Dolly is a different force.  She doesn't hide much.  Though, she really doesn't go into detail either.  She just admits and moves on.  With Madonna, I haven't see anyone really questioning her publicly about it.  And why does she have to talk about it?  Dolly may admit and joke about it, but that's her style.  Madonna isn't the sort of person who has ever felt like she has to talk about how she maintains her looks, nor should she need to.  Like you mentioned, Tom Cruise and countless other male stars have had work, but no one questions them.  It's obvious something has been done, but they are part of the entertainment business, so I don't see why they owe the public an explanation in why or how they keep maintaining their looks. 

Cher’s talked about her surgeries on multiple occasions. She’s also publicly stated that growing old “sucks,” something else Madonna refuses to do. My point was that Madonna shouldn’t and doesn’t have to talk about it. I’m pointing out that’s why the public is more accepting of Cher and Dolly despite doing the same exact thing. One that baffles me is Janet, who has the giant cheeks Madonna had but always gets praised for looking amazing. 

“If there’s one thing that Cher doesn’t shy away from, it’s admitting that she isn’t a fan of the aging process. “Any woman who is honest will say it’s not as much fun,” she quipped.”

“I’ve had my breasts done. But my breast operations were a nightmare,” she said. “They were really botched in every way. If anything, they were worse after than before.”

She has been open about having a facelift, joking: "Yes, I have had a facelift, but who hasn't?".

On getting cosmetic procedures to look good, the singer has said that “it makes me happy.” In an interview, she even said, “if I needed to have something done, I would be the first one in the line to the doctor.”

2 hours ago, adirondak said:

Cher’s talked about her surgeries on multiple occasions.

So you found one time she talked about it, but she really hasn't spoke about it on "multiple occasions".  It isn't something she cares to speak openly about.  But what she says here, is very much what Madonna pretty much thinks.  Just because she hasn't publicly talked about it, means she is refusing to admit anything or speak about it.  I don't feel like anyone in the media has really sat down with her and spoke to her about it, since she's done her own procedures.  And what does it matter?  Why is it important for you for her to admit it or speak about it.  Why must she?  What does it really accomplish?   

I think the problem is not having cosmetic procedures, a thing she has done since very early on her carreer, but how bad and strange she has looked after it sometimes, and how she has changed to the limit of being hardly recognised as the Madonna of always. She has the right to do this to herself totally but as fan who so admired her it breaks my heart, to tell you the truth, as it breaks my heart seeing her singing bad as in Eurovision in front of such a big audience and dancing as she did in the Maluma concert.

I think Cher has her face clearly very done, but her surgeries is much better done and she still mantains her essence, same for Dolly, and they are basically the same of always.

Madonna has changed a lot since, think of 2005, in all the areas: interviews, image, artistic output, face, speaking, ideas, stage presence..that´s why I think the situation is so controversial. She has became the one who is always with a bottle of alcohol on her hands in each insta picture, while she was always known for being the athletic one who sacrified everything in order to being in her best physical shape to do her things, yoga meditation and all now it´s the opposite. So we can´t really compare those artists.

I really do wish we could stop reverting back to Surgery conversations. It’s literally all we ever talk about. 

Yes she has ruined her face. Yes she no longer looks like Madonna. Yes the grills look like she’s never brushed her teeth. Yes her arse has more pressure than my front tyres. Yes she’s a sort of ageism martyr at present. 

We know.

It’s been said. 

Trip the station. 

Change the channel. 

• Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic