New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

9 hours ago, Simonsays said:

oh well she could be dead like a lot of her peers ..eurovision performance isnt that bad , the vocals were poor but the performance itself was not so bad ..it was very brave of her to do that performance - her vocals have been worse than that tbh , ray of light mtv awards springs to mind before 2016 ..

you take so much issue with her body and face  - she is 64 ffs - she recently had a operation that would have prevented her to work out as much which would have took its toll on her body ...i think the public have always had a love /hate relationship with her its just it seems to be more severe now because of her age in my opinion oh and the fact that she just is not doing what society expects her to do or you expect her to do .im pretty sure if she had no surgery on her face and was wrinkly you would have something to say about that too 

if you have not seen evita then you are clearly not a very big fan of hers so shove your OPINION where the sun dont shine haha ..on to my ignore list and join your fans who all fall over themselves to like emoji  any negative comment about madonna including yours 

Oh no, my life is ending!! Bes regards and congratulations for 2 years of pure artistic joy according to your great taste.

Okay, so erm, getting this thread back on track....

....was thinking of what a realistic Greatest Hits setlist could look like that would flow well, balance the songs both the general public would want to hear along with the die hards, and would lend well to big production numbers for songs that open / close sections of the show.

This is what I came up with...

Section 1: Dance Hits Section

Intro: Elements of Hung Up Bassline, IDSIF Vocals, Interview Clips, etc. that build up to "Time Goes By So Slowly"

Hung Up

Into the Groove

Express Yourself

I Don't Search I Find

Section 2: 80s Highlights Section

Interlude: Burning Up

Everybody (FEL Mix)

Lucky Star

Borderline

Material Girl

Crazy for You

Section 3: Sexuality Section

Interlude: Human Nature

Justify My Love / Erotica (Mash Up) (something like this, though the mix isn't the best...)

Secret (Junior's Single Mix)

Like a Virgin

Girl Gone Wild

Section 4: Spiritual Journey

Interlude: Sanctuary

Bedtime Story

Frozen

Live to Tell

Die Another Day

Section 5: Lightness

Interlude: Impressive Instant

Music

Open Your Heart

Rebel Heart (a performance dedicated to fans, similar to Crazy for You on Reinvention Tour)

Ray of Light

Like a Prayer

Encore:

Interlude: New mix of Don't Tell Me with retrospective images and clips of Madonna

Vogue

Holiday (Upbeat House Remix w/ elements of Celebration and Get Together)

24 Total Songs. This is only 1-2 more than her usual setlist, so trying to be realistic. It also has representation from every album, minus Hard Candy, which I really can't see her doing unless she trolls with Candy Shop or squeezes Give it 2 Me in somewhere (arguably not a hit). 

She definitely is going to have her work cut out for her with picking a setlist that's properly balanced for everyone. This was hard. La Isla Bonita, Papa Don't Preach, Take a Bow, 4 Minutes, etc. feel like big omissions, but I don't want her to resort to doing medleys. 

I also don't want her to go strictly chronologically, especially since the later stuff is erm....well not quite in the same sphere of hits as the 80s and 90s catalog. Additionally, I want the opening and closing sections of the show to be big extravaganzas, similar to RIT / Confessions. 

If she hadn't already opened RIT with Vogue, that'd be the obvious opener, but alas. 

Interesting how we would all want different things even from a GH tour…. I’ll play along…

Hung Up 

Into The Groove 

Beautiful Stranger

Ray of Light 

Borderline/Cherish/Open Your Heart (medley)

La Isla Bonita 

Who’s That Girl 

Don’t Tell  Me 

American Pie

Ghostown 

Secret 

Take a Bow

You’ll See

Vogue 

Deeper and Deeper 

Music 

Celebration 

Like a Prayer
Holiday 

Everybody 

On 10/7/2022 at 9:40 AM, PlayPause said:

Trying my best 🤡

I mean, they shot Mamma Mia in 2 months, in 4 different countries https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795421/locations

Bohemian Rhapsody in 2 / 3 months https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727824/locations

Rocketman had around the same filming time.

And Julia Garner is on the movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13098020/

Do your research

You continue to humour me.

Julia has not yet announced that she has accepted the role, and anyone can update IMDB listings.

Let me know what the post-production timeframes were like on those three movies you cited?

Hopefuly she won't. I don't understand the appeal of stadium concerts especially Madonna's when there's a lot of theatrics involved. You don't see well, you don't hear well, it's almost like it's just to say you were there.

Madonna in Sceaux was my first concert at 10, i remember my elder sister (who was used to go to festivals) cutting through the lateral side of the venue to get to the pit and then she told me to pretend i was having an asthma attak so the red cross let us in. That's how i saw her close as i was nearby the stage but i coud only see her when she was coming to the (her) right side and then nothing and the sound was too loud. After an hour i told my sister we needed to move into the middle of the field so i could see what was going on but it's not until i saw the concert on tv that i got what was going on stage. After that i only went to smaller venues, Bercy being the biggest one and i did A LOT of concerts.

As i was vacationing in south of france i decided to buy tickets for opening night of Sticky & Sweet and i fucking regretted it, i heard the concert better at my cousin's apt when they did the rehearsals that afternoon and i could not see a thing. That's the reason i passed on MDNA and i NEVER want to set foot in Le Stade De France, that's a money trap not a concert venue. 

On 10/6/2022 at 8:12 AM, devilpray said:

Some additional information, the Uruguayan date is supposedly October 16th, 2023. The stadium is booked for her but the company that's booking her won't give any details. Hopefully this ends up happening.

The guy who owns that stadium said the exact same things back in 2019 lol

i think he’s just trying to promote his venue 

During Madame X tour, I remember she said that the manager tried to persuade her to sing more hits, but she refused because it was her vision of the show. Considering that Madame X was not a popular album, she took the risks and in my opinion the show is, by far, the worst and most boring of her career. I really wish she sings more hits and doesn't make unrecognizable versions like Like a Virgin from MDNA tour or the boring Medley from RHT. 

Honestly, I love no matter what, an older song is gonna get an update in sound or arrangements. Sometimes it’s extreme and others not much. Some artists don’t make any changes to any songs over time. And then I look at Madonna who has revamped her old songs over and over. I still hate Papa Don’t Preach from MXT not being included. She sounded beautiful and I loved the arrangement so much. 

4 hours ago, lap said:

During Madame X tour, I remember she said that the manager tried to persuade her to sing more hits, but she refused because it was her vision of the show. Considering that Madame X was not a popular album, she took the risks and in my opinion the show is, by far, the worst and most boring of her career. I really wish she sings more hits and doesn't make unrecognizable versions like Like a Virgin from MDNA tour or the boring Medley from RHT. 

The Medley was utterly tuneless. 

LAV on MDNA however I thought was excellent. 

11 hours ago, lap said:

The tour should have been a once of TV or streaming special like an Adele event, especially after the injury

6 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

She basically needs Stuart Price on board for any live arrangements and re-workings and you know the live versions are going to be phenomenally good and sound great in an arena or stadium. - I think he's one of Madonna's best collaborators ever

What she really needs is a full live band.

IMO, musically, VT and WTG were the best because the live arrangements stayed so close to the original versions but added more oomph which is great for a live setting. Theatrically, BA, CT and DWT, and too an extent GS, although not a fan of some of the guitar work on the embellishments as it started to sound dated by then. I think the arrangements for RIT were poor and could've been a lot better.

6 hours ago, cyberrage said:

The tour should have been a once of TV or streaming special like an Adele event, especially after the injury

100%  - Think the Madame X show would have worked as a one off show filmed for TV special at the time of the album launch better than a tour

From this topic but on m nation forums:

Anyway, an insider very famous in the local Mexican media as announced that she secured a date for a stadium concert in Monterrey for late 2023 , the second biggest city in Mexico and it would be her first time doing a concert there, he has announced before concerts and tours for Mexico so this with the Uruguay rumors I feel like they’re real.

8 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

From this topic but on m nation forums:

Anyway, an insider very famous in the local Mexican media as announced that she secured a date for a stadium concert in Monterrey for late 2023 , the second biggest city in Mexico and it would be her first time doing a concert there, he has announced before concerts and tours for Mexico so this with the Uruguay rumors I feel like they’re real.

A Latam tour is definitely happening.

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic