New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

16 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It's funny because when she started skipping the medley the moaning was loud and clear. Everyone was praying she would do the medley at their show.

There’s just nothing very much to it… it’s a more visually beautiful moment than it is sound wise. I saw it live, didn’t rate it, but I loved Who’s That Girl live in Glasgow - even though it didn’t go down as well as I’d expected and I presume that’s why she kept swapping it out. 

19 hours ago, scion said:

LAV on MDNA however I thought was excellent. 

Excellent section and performance, the reinterpretation of a classic to remember.

You always need a Madonna (almost) solo moment in her shows to prove that she still has it without big projections, practical effects and swirling dancers.

I hardly remember anything else from this tour except Open Your Heart. Watching all these props and stage parts coming up and down from far away, at the Stade de France, didn't make any sense nor impression on me.

18 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Excellent section and performance, the reinterpretation of a classic to remember.

You always need a Madonna (almost) solo moment in her shows to prove that she still has it without big projections, practical effects and swirling dancers.

I hardly remember anything else from this tour except Open Your Heart. Watching all these props and stage parts coming up and down from far away, at the Stade de France, didn't make any sense nor impression on me.

It’s always the same… the best part of each tour is often her on her own…

WTG - Lucky Star 

BAT - Keep It Together (partially alone)

Girlie Show - exception JML

DWT - You’ll See

RIT - Frozen 

Madonna on her own is far better than Madonna with dancers as young as her kids… it’s way more interesting to just see her embrace her musical talent and work the crowd as a solo performer.

54 minutes ago, scion said:

There’s just nothing very much to it… it’s a more visually beautiful moment than it is sound wise. I saw it live, didn’t rate it, but I loved Who’s That Girl live in Glasgow - even though it didn’t go down as well as I’d expected and I presume that’s why she kept swapping it out. 

It’s interesting hearing the different reviews of how the audience reacted to this performance, because when I saw it in Brooklyn, there was a massive roar from the audience when she sang the first line. And EVERY cellphone light was up in the there. A true highlight of the night. Everyone was living for it.

53 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s interesting hearing the different reviews of how the audience reacted to this performance, because when I saw it in Brooklyn, there was a massive roar from the audience when she sang the first line. And EVERY cellphone light was up in the there. A true highlight of the night. Everyone was living for it.

It’s a weird one. 

For me it was exactly what I wanted to hear her sing, and I raced back from the loo (medley intro played) to hear it… she hit a fair few sour notes and to be honest the audience wasnt really into it, but I loved it. That, and Ghostown were the super highlights of that night. 

1 hour ago, scion said:

It’s always the same… the best part of each tour is often her on her own…

WTG - Lucky Star 

BAT - Keep It Together (partially alone)

Girlie Show - exception JML

DWT - You’ll See

RIT - Frozen 

Madonna on her own is far better than Madonna with dancers as young as her kids… it’s way more interesting to just see her embrace her musical talent and work the crowd as a solo performer.

BAT - Oh Father also, but the KIT intro was so powerful.

In TGS, you can count Rain and In This Life, sober yet theatrical. LAV was also a fine M number on her own, something like a silly drag show from the 90s, way more sophisticated than a mere lipsync. Nowadays, nobody remembers what those looked and felt like.

I saw her perform Gone on the DWT, I remember it well as a fine, modest performance. Her shows still had simple "concert" moments at some point back then.

In RIT, NKM/Frozen and Lament.

In Confessions, Live To Tell was a showstopper. LIWB left me in awe, and above all Paradise: this simple duet was AMAZING.

Frozen on MXT obviously. Human Nature was probably also supposed to be another dramatic solo but she was very much in pain and stiff, it didn't feel complete.

8 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

BAT - Oh Father also, but the KIT intro was so powerful.

In TGS, you can count Rain and In This Life, sober yet theatrical. LAV was also a fine M number on her own, something like a silly drag show from the 90s, way more sophisticated than a mere lipsync. Nowadays, nobody remembers what those looked and felt like.

I saw her perform Gone on the DWT, I remember it well as a fine, modest performance. Her shows still had simple "concert" moments at some point back then.

In RIT, NKM/Frozen and Lament.

In Confessions, Live To Tell was a showstopper. LIWB left me in awe, and above all Paradise: this simple duet was AMAZING.

Frozen on MXT obviously. Human Nature was probably also supposed to be another dramatic solo but she was very much in pain and stiff, it didn't feel complete.

I don't like the MDNAtour but the Love Spent/Like  A Virgin part is one of her best performance, so cabaret, simple and powerful when she's by herself almost naked on that large stage.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't like the MDNAtour but the Love Spent/Like  A Virgin part is one of her best performance, so cabaret, simple and powerful when she's by herself almost naked on that large stage.

Besides Revolver and Celebration I think it’s her worst show (besides MX) but the moments you mentioned above were excellent. 

6 hours ago, scion said:

I saw Who's That Girl acoustic live and it was actually pretty boring especially compared to Ghosttown where she really engaged with the audience. The medley was gorgeous, colourful and fun.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:54 PM, scion said:

Besides Revolver and Celebration I think it’s her worst show (besides MX) but the moments you mentioned above were excellent. 

Revolver ? It's probably one of the 3 worsts songs of this show.

MDNAT is half good/half bad. I hate the too long first act with guns obsession that made me feel uncomfortable... Stop with guns. Definitely. Even it's not serious. The Majorette section is disgusting... Worst live look of 00's years... Not even funny.

Then second part of the show is excellent. Especially Open your heart, Masterpiece, LAV/Love spent. I love her REAL live voice when she takes time to sing correctly. It's excellent.

But it's not a show I'd like to see again if I could... Not among best.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:10 PM, deathproof said:

The guy who owns that stadium said the exact same things back in 2019 lol

i think he’s just trying to promote his venue 

Where? This is completely different. What was said before is that they were very close to booking her here in 2012 but that fell through due to some tax issues.

Besides lmao the stadium has no owner, it's a group linked to our government

It's not the first time a newspaper says a stadium is booked for her and ends up being nothing. If i remember well supposedly a stadium was booked for her (In Italy??) for a show in 2014, i think, according to a newspaper and well... anyone remembers that?

And the "Urban Street Tour 2010" or something like that appeared in many websites and news sites... that i even remember them stating auditions in London!!!

7 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

It's not the first time a newspaper says a stadium is booked for her and ends up being nothing. If i remember well supposedly a stadium was booked for her (In Italy??) for a show in 2014, i think, according to a newspaper and well... anyone remembers that?

And the "Urban Street Tour 2010" or something like that appeared in many websites and news sites... that i even remember them stating auditions in London!!!

Well, this time is different: she's truly booking venues in South America. 

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic