New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

This obviously is fake but also SO Madonna nowadays... :rip:

She's obviously going to be embarking on a Greatest Hits Tour of some sort, but I fully expect her to take an ~unconventional~~ approach to it.

However, if we see early tour prep pics that feature Stuart Price...all faith in this tour will be restored. Add Moment Factory to the mix for visuals, along with Donna and Niki on backup vocals, and you might have the best Madonna tour of all time. 

leaning toward a no on all of this.  I think portions may be accurate but the overall truth... no.  Madonna cannot afford to have a setlist like that at this stage of her career, coupled with her behavior and overall fear now that she can even perform like she did for most of her career with new butt implants and extreme amount of cancellations from last tour.  

She has to be smart... this set list is not smart.  Niki's assistant is my friend.... He said he'll believe when he sees it.

The idea is amazing, I just hope - if that's true - she don't start selling tickets so early. First I need to have some $$$ to buy tickets plus acommodation, as I doubt she's coming to Brazil anytime soon. Also this will be my first Madonna concert ever, I've been a fan for the last 14 years and it really bothers me that I couldn't go at least to Sticky and MDNA when she came to Brazil (especially MDNA, which is one of my fave tours along Confessions and Blond)

8 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

is in bad shape. Many artists are complaining that they hardly make money out of it. The world tour formula is unsustainable. Concert goers are being swindled by the online seller/reseller process. 

THIS. Fun fact -- Did you guys know that Service Fees are artists' way of charging higher ticket prices with Ticketmaster taking the fall as the middle man? It's unbelievable.

I pray to God she doesn't end up implementing dynamic pricing, but we'll see what happens...

4 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

This obviously is fake but also SO Madonna nowadays... :rip:

She's obviously going to be embarking on a Greatest Hits Tour of some sort, but I fully expect her to take an ~unconventional~~ approach to it.

However, if we see early tour prep pics that feature Stuart Price...all faith in this tour will be restored. Add Moment Factory to the mix for visuals, along with Donna and Niki on backup vocals, and you might have the best Madonna tour of all time. 

Dream on. It’s gonna be Kevin Autunes robo-Donna vocals with album version backing tracks, Shutterstock video backdrops and ‘your recently divorced aunt Sue at a wedding’ choreography…………………or it might be good 🤞

I don't believe it myself, but let's say that rumour is true (lol)... why wouldn't she do a setlist like that? Tickets go on sale long before we know anything about the show and that stadium audience won't know what hit them until the show is over. She's never been particularly interested in doing a crowd pleasing show in the first place, so here's hoping something along those lines will actually happen.

With her touring reputation in the toilet, the thing that has me frowning upon that stadium tour idea is if she'll actually be able to sell enough tickets. She'll do whatever she wants as usual, but filling a massive venue is a completely different thing.

Edited by acolyte (see edit history)

11 hours ago, steady75 said:

Maybe she's at the point in her career where she feels her antics around a tour will lead to stronger and more visible album sales rather than a traditional push for the album first. Pretty sure Pet Shop Boys did this with their tour before last. 

Bill it as a Greatest Hits tour but she'll work in Frozen On Fire / Material Gworlll / Queens remix of Vogue, Hung Up on Trash Antics and four or five new songs. It's not out of the realms of possibility that there will be a sort of mix tape Club Future Nostaglia album coming. It feels very much in the lane of where her head is right now. Elton but for the clurb and not Iheart radio vibz. 

1. New track 1
  2. New Track 2
  3. New Track 3
  4. New Track 4
  5. New Track 5
  6. Material Gworlll (Like A Virgin)
  7. Hung Up On .... (Confessions)
  8.  Frozen On Fire / remix suite (Ray Of Light)
  9. Queens Re-Remix - More Madonna heavy (she'd totally do this)
  10. Levitating with Dua Lipa
  11. New old remix (from Madonna)
  12. New old remix (from True Blue
  13. New old remix ( from Like A Prayer)
  14. New old remix (from Erotica)
  15. New old remix (from Music)

I imagine the Music remix would be the one she was working on with Sickick. I don't think we'll have seen the end of the features on this for the rest of the remixes and no doubt whatever she was working on with Swae Lee will turn up. 

Maybe the Honey Dijon remix of Vogue

I can totally see her doing something like this just to keep the tour fresh for her, a gathering of recent output for collectors and a lead into the debut re-release whilst also hinting at all the albums due a retrospective release. 

A good mix of new stuff, looking back and reinvention. Madonna #2023

For context I wasn’t suggesting this as a tour set list. I was suggesting it as a companion piece CD release to the tour. 

as a tour it would be woeful.

11 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

The tour is official, that's for sure. But… what is she gonna perform? A new album (since we've recently seen her in the studio)? A Greatest Hits show? Finally Enough Love? That's what I wanna know.

With her current touring reputation the only show that would actually sell out stadiums is a Greatest Hits Tour. Nothing else will. A Madonna “Anti Tour” like Kylie’s would be amazing but not as a stadium tour

51 minutes ago, Ricardo González Anaya said:

With her current touring reputation the only show that would actually sell out stadiums is a Greatest Hits Tour. Nothing else will. A Madonna “Anti Tour” like Kylie’s would be amazing but not as a stadium tour

That’s true… and exciting. Damn, a Madonna GH Tour is upon us. Who would have thought that this day will come? 🥹

With a catalogue so wide and full of bangers, this tour is going to be one hell of a party! 🤟🏻

3 hours ago, acolyte said:

With her touring reputation in the toilet ..

What? On what basis do you make such a statement? In case you don't know Madonna's last tours, Rebel heart tour and Madame x tour, were a resounding success and praised by critics. While it is true that sometimes Madonna is a few minutes late to start the show, people left satisfied to have seen a quality show. That is why I do not understand this current of thought that some have to see with negativity and pessimism the success of this new tour. It seems that we live in different realities because for me there is nothing that indicates or makes me suppose that this new tour will be a failure.

Madonna is already a legend, a legendary artist who doesn't need to prove anything to anyone to fill stadiums. That is why I am sure that many will end up rectifying when Madonna shows them how wrong they were to minimize her and doubt her ability. Fortunately, I will not be in that group because I never doubted nor will I doubt her. And they say that he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic