New STADIUM Tour in 2023

Régine Filange

5 hours ago, PlayPause said:

HAHAHA  Jeez that's stupid

There are enough stadiums on this fucking planet for 3 world tours to happen the same year 

Erm yes I'm aware. I'm more so surprised that she would go directly head to head on touring stats the same year that Taylor Swift has real potential to out gross Sticky & Sweet if she plays her cards right :rip:

We're probably being presumptuous about this being an all stadium tour though. SA dates in stadiums seem to be a given, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's arenas in the US / EU. I hope she goes for arena shows...it's much more of a spectacle in a smaller space.

Very intrigued by a Greatest Hits Tour if she actually follows through with it and doesn't do weird versions of the songs and show up at an ungodly hour...I can't imagine the energy in a crowd hearing back to back hits for 2+ hours. I envy everyone who went to Reinvention and got to see Vogue open a show. I saw the Chromatica Ball earlier this year, and opening with Bad Romance was one hell of a start. It'd be so cool to see Madonna open with Into the Groove, Hung Up, Music, etc.

I have a feeling that a tour is on the horizon, and I'm concerned.

A feeling because she'd always answer the touring question with transparent coyness ("Do you want me to go on tour?").

Concerned 'cause I just don't think she's up to her stadium-standard anymore, if her recent little shows are anything to go by.

Bad idea. Better to keep future tours small and manageable instead.

2 minutes ago, devilpray said:

Yeah, so my bet is that if she's touring she's probably doing her pride set on a stadium scale. I believe she's in for a GH Tour now, she'll most likely  complain about that term on every interview but yeah

That would *not* go over well with the general public. They'll destroy her in reviews if she pulls out Hung Up on Tokischa and Material Gworllll instead of the original hits.

29 minutes ago, Vasili said:

The movie is definitely not getting released next year. Just do the math?

How do you know?

She's been working on the movie for the last 3 years. The script is finished. She cast her star 3 months ago. Rehearsals might have started last summer. 

She can shoot it during the winter, edit and post-produce it in the first months of 2023 and release it by the end of the year.

It's not a Marvel movie that needs a year of post-prod and 6 months of reshoots.

Do the math.

4 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Do you really think she's into to outselling anyone ? She already outsold herself 10 years ago.

If outselling other artists or breaking more records was her thing, she would have done the Prince Tour, the Britney Tour and the Greatest Hits tour everybody (and Guy O) wanted her to do.

But she chose to do the Madame X Tour.

3 hours ago, theglamorous said:

No one mention that November's the middle of the rain season then

Sexy Queen Of Pop GIF by Madonna

That´s why Madonna and other golbal stars usually start their tours in Jun/Jul in the North hemisphere and go down to South America, Australia and Africa in November/December, when it´s summer in the South hemisphere. 

Stick & Sweet Dates:image.png.d8cccee1ee902d8ec9dd1592b1c61628.png

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I envy everyone who went to Reinvention and got to see Vogue open a show. I saw the Chromatica Ball earlier this year, and opening with Bad Romance was one hell of a start. It'd be so cool to see Madonna open with Into the Groove, Hung Up, Music, etc.

That opening. The Beast Within/ Vogue, plus Bedtime Story....BEYOND. BEYOND. (That Chromatica opening where she stood still for 3 numbers though?😏....)

I love every single bit of the ROL era. Do I want to see it performed by Madame Culo? The disconnect would be off the charts. Vocally?! *Mo'nique voice* Babyyyy.......

This needs to be hits. Period. If she feels like reinventing songs on the level she did "You Thrill Me", bring it on. But it cannot be everyone else feat. M. Twas a cute era. Glad you all (?) enjoyed it. Time for something new.

3 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

That opening. The Beast Within/ Vogue, plus Bedtime Story....BEYOND. BEYOND. (That Chromatica opening where she stood still for 3 numbers though?😏....)

I love everybsingle bit of the ROL era. Do I want to see it performed by Madame Culo? The disconnect would be off the charts. Vocally?! *Mo'nique voice* Babyyyy.......

This needs to be hits. Period. If she feels like reinventing songs on the level she did "You Thrill Me", bring it on. But it cannot be everyone else feat. M. Twas a cute era. Glad you all (?) enjoyed it. Time for something new.

Lol yeahhhhh....it wasn't much of a performance and probably looks boring on video, but lemme tell you....when I say the stadium was LIT hearing back to back hits at the beginning of the show...

....I want that so badly for Madonna. It would be so epic to hear hit after hit and truly unexpected after how she's structured her shows for so many years. 

I think Hung Up would actually be an incredible show opener...imagining a show with an extended intro with the pulsating bass building up over retrospective clips and images of her before "Time Goes By So Slowly" starts....using bits of the Stuart Price Edit from Finally Enough Love in the intro....omg. That would set the tone for an epic show. And then at the end segueing continuously into the Into the Groove bassline with "And you can dance...for inspiration..."....she has so much potential for an incredible show with the Greatest Hits. 

I loved what she did with Vogue on the MDNA Tour. Even if it's not the opener, it deserves to be a section opener or a show finale.

1 minute ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Lol yeahhhhh....it wasn't much of a performance and probably looks boring on video, but lemme tell you....when I say the stadium was LIT hearing back to back hits at the beginning of the show...

....I want that so badly for Madonna. It would be so epic to hear hit after hit and truly unexpected after how she's structured her shows for so many years. 

I think Hung Up would actually be an incredible show opener...imagining a show with an extended intro with the pulsating bass building up over retrospective clips and images of her before "Time Goes By So Slowly" starts....using bits of the Stuart Price Edit from Finally Enough Love in the intro....omg. That would set the tone for an epic show. And then at the end segueing continuously into the Into the Groove bassline with "And you can dance...for inspiration..."....she has so much potential for an incredible show with the Greatest Hits. 

I loved what she did with Vogue on the MDNA Tour. Even if it's not the opener, it deserves to be a section opener or a show finale.

She is one of the few performers that could do an entire show of opening/closing numbers. Magic from start to finish. But she needs a new team. At least a new musical director and stylist.

11 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

But if she releases a new album, she will sing most of it and it won't be a greatest hits tour. If she wants to have a chance at filling stadiums, she needs to promote it as greatest hits...

I understand your logic but I think that Madonna can still fill stadiums.  Far lesser legends like Springsteen and U2 do it all of the time.  They have not had the worldwide, cultural impact that Madonna has had.  They just haven't.  Madonna may have to come down on the average ticket price a bit as those are diehard fan prices but she could do it for sure.  I think that marketing and pricing would be more key than the setlist.  I could be wrong.  It has happened.... once.... lol  J/K  I am up for a GH Tour but it still holds limitations on the setlist.  A mere Immaculate Collection rehash is not what I would want or a Celebration abomination where major songs are omitted or butchered.  Her catalog of hits is extensive and people's favorites are all over the board.  I do not want a Madonna Tour that ends with 2000's Music album.  I adore Madonna's post 2000 material.  It is so tough.  Let's just have her perform all 15 albums (I always include I'm Breathless).  HAHAHAHA  

6 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I understand your logic but I think that Madonna can still fill stadiums.  Far lesser legends like Springsteen and U2 do it all of the time.  They have not had the worldwide, cultural impact that Madonna has had.  They just haven't.  Madonna may have to come down on the average ticket price a bit as those are diehard fan prices but she could do it for sure.  I think that marketing and pricing would be more key than the setlist.  I could be wrong.  It has happened.... once.... lol  J/K  I am up for a GH Tour but it still holds limitations on the setlist.  A mere Immaculate Collection rehash is not what I would want or a Celebration abomination where major songs are omitted or butchered.  Her catalog of hits is extensive and people's favorites are all over the board.  I do not want a Madonna Tour that ends with 2000's Music album.  I adore Madonna's post 2000 material.  It is so tough.  Let's just have her perform all 15 albums (I always include I'm Breathless).  HAHAHAHA  

The difference is that Springsteen and U2 aren't known to come on after 11 PM, not do the hits, take phones away, not turn AC on, etc etc.

It's not a very fair comparison. If Madonna had stuck to coming on at 8:30 on the dot like she did until at least the end of Confessions and continued with more balanced setlists like on Reinvention / Sticky & Sweet, she'd likely be looking at a very different outcome for her tours today and continuing to sell out stadiums barely lifting a finger. 

If you see U2, they're doing I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Where the Streets Have No Name, Beautiful Day, Pride (In the Name of Love), With or Without You, etc. No question. The general public knows better with Madonna by now and she's notorious for not playing what people want to hear. Combine that with her diva antics that make everything about going to see her a pain in the ass these days, well...

I think she could have continued to get away with her avant garde approach to shows if she had been a professional about her shows. But audiences do *not* take her coming on after 11 PM lightly, and when tens of thousands of audience members have had that experience over the years, it becomes a difficult task convincing them to come back. Hits or no hits.

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Honesty with the very greatest of respect to my mother I think were at a stage where delivering the hits with dancers and strong backing vocalists and special effects and staging is the best we should expect. Do people seriously think her level of performance in recent years is at a level where the Ray Of Light album could be delivered live for a 25th? She struggled with some of those songs outside of the studio at the time. Let's no subject that album to anymore abusive after the Frozen remixes. 

Madonna was a late starter career wise, a decade later than Britney, Xtina, two than Janet, she had a fucking massive long career at the very top. Anniversary tours are usually for artist who had a couple of big albums and really need to trade on that for a later day income.

U2 was a bit of an exception not the rule. Even artists like Alanis trade pretty much off the back of her debut consistently for her whole career. Madonna is not that girl. I'm all for the celebrations but lets not try and wheel her out to deliver her most challenging album vocally at 65 years old and expect her to deliver. It's unrealistic and unfair on her.

A big singalong tour with bells and whistles where she can enjoy the vibe, enjoy herself, be in the moment and not be choreographed to within an inch of her life through an ear peace and let her enjoy the love from the audience hearing the classics. She seems to be craving connection more than even. I say she fosters an environment in which people realise why they love / loved her. 

I think that Madonna can still deliver more than any of her contemporaries and even some of the newbies but I have to agree with the truth that her voice has matured (and I still love it) and that she could not possibly put on a show as grueling as Who's that Girl or Blond Ambition but she is definitely not done.  I do not want albums of standards a la Gloria Estefan or Cyndi Lauper.  I do not want contrived and overproduced albums a la Cher or Janet where the magic is completely removed.  I always want something new.  Her heirs can worry about the Greatest Hits.  I have always loved the reinvention side of M.  I think that Madame X (M's last offering) was brilliant and perfect.  It was outside enough of mainstream and felt cutting edge but felt very much like a Madonna album.  I am not ready for Madonna to retire and a Greatest Hits Tour would feel like that to me.  

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Jackie locked and unfeatured this topic