Career 40th Anniversary - Oct 6th,1982-2022

maddy1111

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Another theory I have is that since they announced them a lot of anniversary boxsets got released by other artists. And probably they went back to the drawing board to make them more attractive like the stuff that has been released.

I would kill to have a boxset similar to those two beauties:

6f2ca092913091.62aafe6c2a071.jpg

c37048104612089.62ae99647e1b4.jpg

The so-called remastering on the "7'' Version" is too much. Bright as f**k and distorted vocals. Even the "Celebration" remaster is better.

I don't think Mike Dean did it, the "Finally Enough Love" tracks didn't sound that... "too much"? It actually reminds me of the remastering on "True Blue 35th" on tracks like "Papa", loud and distorted. Also, those were not tagged as "2021 Remaster" or anything, just like this release.

If the reissues are going to sound like this... OMG.

But it's great to have the Instrumental officially released on digital platforms.

7 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

i can hear the hissing too - doesnt even sound remastered tbh - the instrumental does not have this or maybe i am deaf  - i wonder how it will sound on record though 

to be fair its a really old song so i dont think they can do miracles with it but physical attraction sounded great on FEL so yeah it feels like somebody else remastered this 

This is definitely not Mike Dean. FEL sounds very well done in comparison.

Must be some kind of automatic preset that Rhino uses for making old releases sound loud and “current”, just like “True Blue” 35th. I guess depending on the original source that’s OK, like the “7’’ Instrumental” of “Everybody” - or quite messy, like the “7’’ Version”.

They need to get them properly remastered, like “FEL”, if they’re touching them at all. A whole reissue with this problems is not gonna be cool.

1 hour ago, Simonsays said:

i can hear the hissing too - doesnt even sound remastered tbh - the instrumental does not have this or maybe i am deaf  - i wonder how it will sound on record though 

to be fair its a really old song so i dont think they can do miracles with it but physical attraction sounded great on FEL so yeah it feels like somebody else remastered this 

The song was made in 1982 not in 1910. It can be perfectly remaster. The singles from the first album sound amazing in the japanese CD Boxset. The person who did this remaster should be fired. This is the first time that I'm really angry with a Madonna/Warner release. 

1 hour ago, WhitePanda said:

I appreciate the "works of art" sentiment - I tried to do my best with those. :luv:

I would love to be involved in the reissues/box sets, but sadly that phone call hasn't come yet, so we just have to wait and see what Warner comes up with - and hopefully the result blows my work out of the water completely.

What keeps me warm at night is knowing William Orbit liked my Ray of Light box set. That was a very special moment for me. And the one and only Detox liked my Erotica box set too, which was definitely a pinch-me moment.

Holy Christ, you did those masterpieces?

I must say: I’m trying to learn how to work with Photoshop, as I plan to study publicity and graphic design, and your work is truly an inspiration for me. You did an AMAZING job at those three boxsets, especially the Erotica one (which is my favorite album of hers).

Hope M. see these beauties someday and you receive a phone call to work on her team, you really deserve it.

3 hours ago, Simonsays said:

lets wait and see if it sounds bad on the actual record itself when fans get them because i dont think they planned to release them digitally so it may have been rushed but i agree its not the best sounding 

Come on... stop giving excuses anytimes... Being rushed... It's not like they didn't know some re-release of M were planned for 40th birthday....

I have witnessed some remastering songs (of a French singer) in the studio. Paid by Universal Music France so it wasn't especially cheap and it was very simple and fast process : just use the original tape and digitalize it again and then you just adjust a minimum sound but there's nothing hard and long to do. Just re-digitalize orignal with best sound system recording and that's it.

28 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Come on... stop giving excuses anytimes... Being rushed... It's not like they didn't know some re-release of M were planned for 40th birthday....

I have witnessed some remastering songs (of a French singer) in the studio. Paid by Universal Music France so it wasn't especially cheap and it was very simple and fast process : just use the original tape and digitalize it again and then you just adjust a minimum sound but there's nothing hard and long to do. Just re-digitalize orignal with best sound system recording and that's it.

Exactly - why do fans insist on sticking up for M and Warner’s with their lazy remastering and miniscule output this year - so to celebrate we got 2 songs for the anniversary!!!?? Wow I’m floored by this campaign so far, think I need to lay down until 2025 until we get the first reissue announcement 😤🥹😊

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

This is definitely not Mike Dean. FEL sounds very well done in comparison.

Must be some kind of automatic preset that Rhino uses for making old releases sound loud and “current”, just like “True Blue” 35th. I guess depending on the original source that’s OK, like the “7’’ Instrumental” of “Everybody” - or quite messy, like the “7’’ Version”.

They need to get them properly remastered, like “FEL”, if they’re touching them at all. A whole reissue with this problems is not gonna be cool.

Have you listened to the Ralphi remix of love profusion on FEL ? It sounds awful and there is a glitch - I don’t trust Mike dean any more than I trust anyone on her team now - if this is what they are doing with her back catalogue they might aswell not bother 🥲

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't hear anything wrong with the new Everybody uploads. You guys must have bionic ears or maybe it's because i'm 40 yo and i grew up listening to all kind of sounds quality, from vinyls, to tapes, to bad radio rips... It's totally fine for me.

I'm 50, playing everything since 1972 (AM radio, FM radio, vinyls, cassettes, cd, mini-disc, Laser-Disc, DVD, Blu-rays, UHD...).  The 7'' Version remaster is the worst official track released by Madonna. And I have human ears. I'm not a cyborg with bionic ears. The song is simply distorted and with the dynamic range totally destroyed. The 7'' Instrumental sounds a little better.

Just now, Simonsays said:

im surprised people complaining about FEL remasters  - one or two shiity quality ones like don't tell me and love profusion but i think its mostly very good - i listen on headphones a lot though 
If it sounds as off on the actual record that fans have bought then that is bad - we will see 

"FEL" is mostly great. Yes, it has a couple of "mmhm" moments, but in general is quite impressive that they managed to get it SO right. I think not making it super loud is the key. "Deeper" on "FEL" is a little bit distorted, cause that's the way the original promo is, so you gotta keep it quieter so the final product is not terrible. If the original is already not perfect and you make it super loud and bright, then you have the "Everybody (7'' Version)" remaster.

I wonder from what source they worked on. 

But then, there's a reason why Sire/Warner did not let Kamins produce the whole album, to the sound engineer on Everybody's admission, Mark had no clue what to do in the studio so maybe....on the other hand the hissing on the voice is not on the stems.