Career 40th Anniversary - Oct 6th,1982-2022

maddy1111

38 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I have to say that I agree that it doesn’t seem that Madonna’s heart is in these reissues. I would not be surprised one bit if behind the scenes there is some drama going on. We all know that she hates to look back and I can imagine that there is some conflict with her and Warner as to what exactly is included on these deluxe sets. Warner are probably pushing for demos and unreleased tracks and M is being stubborn and not wanting them as part of the sets. Surely an album reissue should have been announced by now. Erotica 30 would have been the perfect opportunity. Something doesn’t seem right. 

if her heart is not in it then she should pass the job onto someone else - i have always said it should be fans who should be consulted on stuff like this - not the artist - after all its mostly FANS who will be buying these expensive deluxe sets - not these tiktok tweens she seems so desperate to impress- we will only ever really get one shot at this so it needs to be done right - yes we are impatient but the most frustrating part of this whole campaign since it was announced (way too prematurely) is her going off on a completely different path with these (mostly) shit remixes - someone here thinks its because of the sickick remix but seriously that cant be the reason - a multi million dollar deal was changed because of one crud 3 minute remix ??? she obviously doesnt need the money at this stage so i dont really know why she bothered to sign this deal if all we are going to get is vinyl, t-shirts, remix collection(with nothing new on it) and thats it .....

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

if her heart is not in it then she should pass the job onto someone else - i have always said it should be fans who should be consulted on stuff like this - not the artist - after all its mostly FANS who will be buying these expensive deluxe sets - not these tiktok tweens she seems so desperate to impress- we will only ever really get one shot at this so it needs to be done right - yes we are impatient but the most frustrating part of this whole campaign since it was announced (way too prematurely) is her going off on a completely different path with these (mostly) shit remixes - someone here thinks its because of the sickick remix but seriously that cant be the reason - a multi million dollar deal was changed because of one crud 3 minute remix ??? she obviously doesnt need the money at this stage so i dont really know why she bothered to sign this deal if all we are going to get is vinyl, t-shirts, remix collection(with nothing new on it) and thats it .....

I think it’s also telling that she hasn’t put anything on her social media about any upcoming reissues. Usually she documents everything she’s doing, sometimes things that should be kept as a secret for a bigger reveal (50 number ones) for example. I would have thought if she was starting work on the curation of these sets we would have had some sort of “tease”? Who knows at this point. 

6 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s not just her putting these releases together, it’s also Warner.

Yes, but she is curating them, so it would appear that what is included on the sets is down to her, not Warner, which is probably the only reason that she agreed to these sets being released. 

Not to be morbid or debbie downer (too late!) but I've always felt that the fans will only get the fever dream releases from the vault after she has made her grand exit from earth. If she has any say in it, it's gonna be the same album ~remastered~ with a picture on the disc/vinyl. They know the majority die hards will be pissed, disappointed, and still buy it like they always do. Happy to be proven wrong though.

But from what we know with the previous release, Finally Enough Love was first in the works in 2021 with a different tracklist (albeit only a few track replacements). It’s likely Warner is submitting these projects to M, and she makes her adjustments from there. I doubt Madonna is just sitting at her computer coming with the ideas for theses releases and the contents all by herself. I think people take the word “curated” a little too seriously.

Yeah it’s annoying that we don’t know what’s going on with this partnership outside of a few vinyl single reissues. The big selling point to the fans was these “expanded albums,” yet there hasn’t been an announcement as to what the first one is.

There’s so many angles to where we can take this conversation and discuss all the  different hypotheses, but I’m just exhausted at this point cause we’ve really beaten this topic into the ground for almost 14 months now.

It's a multi year plan and we have already seen the first major release which was the FEL collections, plus other 'special' releases - the RSD WTG Super Mix and the upcoming Erotica 30 picture disc and Everybody RSD 

Just because we don't have visibility of the behind the scenes work and preparation of any reissues / expanded editions does not mean it is not happening. 

I think we can really start “criticizing” right after the first reissue is out: if for example it is the first album and as a bonus it includes just Ain’t no big deal and the singles remixes then yes, we can criticize, but until then, I guess we’ll have to wait.

But don’t forget, it’s gonna be out #soon 🤣

2 hours ago, Simonsays said:

prince was also very protective over his music - he would be turning in his grave if they released all his work that was not finished 

They did. Many times. The expanded versions of 1999 and SOTT are full of unreleased material from the vault, especially the cancelled album Dream Factory. They also released Welcome 2 America and Originals which Prince would have surely hated (they replaced the voice on the released versions of songs he wrote for other atists with his from his demos)....

16 hours ago, deathproof said:

But from what we know with the previous release, Finally Enough Love was first in the works in 2021 with a different tracklist (albeit only a few track replacements). It’s likely Warner is submitting these projects to M, and she makes her adjustments from there. I doubt Madonna is just sitting at her computer coming with the ideas for theses releases and the contents all by herself. I think people take the word “curated” a little too seriously.

Yeah it’s annoying that we don’t know what’s going on with this partnership outside of a few vinyl single reissues. The big selling point to the fans was these “expanded albums,” yet there hasn’t been an announcement as to what the first one is.

There’s so many angles to where we can take this conversation and discuss all the  different hypotheses, but I’m just exhausted at this point cause we’ve really beaten this topic into the ground for almost 14 months now.

We still have the Erotica Picture Disc and the Everybody RSD 12" to look forward to... and then I think it'll be a long, slow, torturous wait until the 40th anniversary of the debut album. She'll throw us a few crumbs along the way I expect.

And you're right about her involvement, I think she'll just sign off on things. The way some people go on you'd think she was physically working the vinyl press in a warehouse somewhere lol

14 hours ago, Simonsays said:

prince was also very protective over his music - he would be turning in his grave if they released all his work that was not finished 

But if he really didn't want it released he wouldn't have kept it all in a vault like he did. He surely knew things would get released after he died.

16 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

We still have the Erotica Picture Disc and the Everybody RSD 12" to look forward to... and then I think it'll be a long, slow, torturous wait until the 40th anniversary of the debut album. She'll throw us a few crumbs along the way I expect.

And you're right about her involvement, I think she'll just sign of on things. The way some people go on you'd think she was physically working the vinyl press in a warehouse somewhere lol

Well we are going by what we were told in the press release.

In any case I have stopped anticipating anything. Especially since now there is a new album in the works, I feel more inclined to focus on thinking/talking about that.

There are also ongoing rumours the biopic is shelved so if that is the case then it wouldn't surprise me if she has moved on from "living in the past" as she put it. Of course Warner will still re-release things since she signed this deal but it may end up being less expansive than originally promised. Eg albums re-issued with bonus tracks of things we already have. And personally I'd be fine with that. A Ray of Light vinyl with bonus remixes and Has to Be would be cool for example.

BUT DON'T MESS WITH THE COVER ART OF THE ORIGINAL ALBUMS OR SINGLES PLEASE.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, Blue Jean said:

Well we are going by what we were told in the press release.

In any case I have stopped anticipating anything. Especially since now there is a new album in the works, I feel more inclined to focus on thinking/talking about that.

There are also ongoing rumours the biopic is shelved so if that is the case then it wouldn't surprise me if she has moved on from "living in the past" as she put it. Of course Warner will still re-release things since she signed this deal but it may end up being less expansive than originally promised. Eg albums re-issued with bonus tracks of things we already have. And personally I'd be fine with that. A Ray of Light vinyl with bonus remixes and Has to Be would be cool for example.

BUT DON'T MESS WITH THE COVER ART OF THE ORIGINAL ALBUMS OR SINGLES PLEASE.

sorry, but who confirmed this at any moment? Did I miss something? As far as I know, it is complete fanbase speculation for now based on same Sickick post that might be just a remix for her. But once again, maybe, I missed something in the meantime, I am just wondering since you are talking about a new album in the works as an absolute fact.

24 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

sorry, but who confirmed this at any moment? Did I miss something? As far as I know, it is complete fanbase speculation for now based on same Sickick post that might be just a remix for her. But once again, maybe, I missed something in the meantime, I am just wondering since you are talking about a new album in the works as an absolute fact.

Madonna posts photo in the studio

Madonna posts video with audio of new music + new vocals

sickick makes post about working on “originals,” alluding that these arnt remixes

madonna makes multiple posts about writing + writers block

—-

it’s obvious that this isn’t just 1 song

plus rumors of a tour

put the 2 and 2 together

4 hours ago, HC Charge said:

What @deathproof said.

We know at the very least she is working on original music as confirmed by Sickick. So whether it’s a few songs or a full album I am more inclined to anticipate that then a bunch of fantasy box sets that seem to be nowhere in sight.