Curtains

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curtains

@Jet, @TOpher, @Enrico, @Unruhe, @musicinferno, @frozen78, @Brendanlovesu1, @EgoRod, @jesus, @Nowheretohide, @deathproof, @Fernando, @chipie, @sidney78a, @Karma, @mcat, @Daxkoba, @Bjonkers, @Bohh, @truevirgin, @Foreigner, @MDNA22, @Tony Fortin, @Copenhagen Ciccone, @Polaris, @Alexei, @MattyMads, @Robertson Penn, @androiduser, @proxy, @Leandro Gomes, @Janinno Salazar, @Roy, @Andreo, @Voguerista, @Pretender1978, @spinningaround, @poodle, @Frankito, @MadonnasPussy, @GhostOrchid, @mrmadonna, @Fontai

Curtains

Hi everyone ! Since we are now celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I've organized a megarate for every single Madonna album. It's now time to rate tracks that are a little bit more obscure... Let's now see how the unreleased tracks from 1994 to 2000 compete with each other.   Rules: - Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition. - Rate each song from 1 to 10. You are allowed to give the same rate to

Curtains

@Jet, @TOpher, @Enrico, @Unruhe, @musicinferno, @HC Charge, @frozen78, @Danton, @Brendanlovesu1, @EgoRod, @stefo, @jesus, @Nowheretohide, @Dj Garrido, @deathproof, @Fernando, @chipie, @sidney78a, @Karma, @Inco, @mcat, @Drum Dub, @Daxkoba, @Bjonkers, @Bohh, @mirtillo, @migsou, @truevirgin, @Foreigner, @MDNA22, @desperateK, @Tony Fortin, @Copenhagen Ciccone, @Polaris, @Alexei, @Holger, @MattyMads, @Robertson Penn, @androiduser, @MPowered, @proxy, @Leandro Gomes, @Janinno Salazar, @Roy, @gst6662000

6 hours ago, Curtains said:

Hi everyone ! Since we are now celebrating the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career (!!), and due to popular demand, I've organized a megarate for every single Madonna album. It's now time to rate tracks that are a little bit more obscure...

POZSdps.jpg

Let's now see how the unreleased tracks from 1994 to 2000 compete with each other.

Rules:

- Make sure to know all the songs included in the competition.

- Rate each song from 1 to 10. You are allowed to give the same rate to multiple songs.

- Decimals are allowed only up to the hundredth (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WHEN YOU CAN IN ORDER TO AVOID TIES).

- You are allowed to give one 0 and one 11 (OPTIONAL).

- Send your rates to me by personal messenger before October 20th, NOT in the thread.

Songs:

01 – Love Won’t Wait

02 – I Can’t Forget

03 – Gone Gone Gone

04 – I’ll Be Gone

05 – Like a Flower

06 – Never Love a Stranger

07 – Revenge

08 – You’ll Stay

09 – Arioso

10 – La Petite Jeune Fille

11 – Like an Angel Passing Through My Room

12 – Liquid Love

13 – Little Girl

14 – Run

Good luck to everyone! :)

NO PLEASE!!! We have to add the "Has to be" piano demo, it's a completely different song (and among my five favourite tracks of her whole career): PLEEEEASE!!! :pray::pray::pray:

10 hours ago, stefo said:

NO PLEASE!!! We have to add the "Has to be" piano demo, it's a completely different song (and among my five favourite tracks of her whole career): PLEEEEASE!!! :pray::pray::pray:

Different melody, but lots of the same lyrics and it’s also titled Has to Be. As you said it is a piano demo of the track that ended up as a Ray of Light Japanese bonus track. This isn’t a Love Hurts / Erotica situation, more like a Infinity / Give It 2 Me one.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Different melody, but lots of the same lyrics and it’s also titled Has to Be. As you said it is a piano demo of the track that ended up as a Ray of Light Japanese bonus track. This isn’t a Love Hurts / Erotica situation, more like a Infinity / Give It 2 Me one.

Ok. 

This is tragic.

I know, don't worry, it's not you. It's the inflexible grip of bureaucracy regulations ...

Just voted anyway.

1 minute ago, HC Charge said:

voted ... sorry in advance for extremely low ratings for all songs, I usually dont do that, but there are songs that should stay unreleased/unleaked, these are those songs for me .. I simply cannot rate them higher

I totally understand your point of you, no worries! I still appreciate you took the time to participate! :)

Goddd just listened to Arioso after AGES!!! This song was so special to me I just LOVE the intro. 😌 thanks @Curtains for reminding me of this song.

Next year will be the 25th anniversary of ROL, can we please get those demos remastered by William??? I mean those unfinished tracks are gems. I know I'm dreaming... 😔😑🙄

• Enrico featured this topic
11 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Next year will be the 25th anniversary of ROL, can we please get those demos remastered by William??? I mean those unfinished tracks are gems. I know I'm dreaming... 😔😑🙄

While I would LOVE the producers to come back to finish the tracks, I wouldn’t get my hopes too high for that. That being said, I Can’t Forget was reworked as « Come Closer » for Ray of Light by Orbit, in the same vein Be Careful was reworked for Ricky Martin’s album later on. Maybe some other demos got reworked at the time and we simply don’t know.

9 minutes ago, Ayham said:

So Gone Gone Gone was supposed to be in which album? 

It was meant to be for Ray of Light. Produced by Rick Nowels during the same sessions as The Power of Good-Bye, To Have and Not to Hold and Little Star which all got released after being reworked by Orbit.

1 hour ago, rgdlee said:

Just a question: 

Isn’t  Little Girl an early version of La Petite Jeune Fille?
The lyrics sound almost identical. :thinker:

Just like You’ll Stay / Like a Flower, they are 2 variations, using very similar lyrics but being completely different melodically and structure-wise. Unlike Infinity, which clearly evolved to the point of being released as Give It 2 Me, these variations both went unreleased and coexist equally. We aren’t 100% sure of which one would have ended up on the album. Choosing one over the other would have caused some turmoil I feel like. :) 

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Unreleased (1994-2000) [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic