will there be a Erotica Deluxe Edition coming October 20 ?

gst6662000

8 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I want M to release all unrealeased Erotica singles/remixes to streaming platforms on the 30th anniversary.  Is that too much to ask?  It is a couple of buttons to press.  Lol. I do want the demos and remastering but I really want something in the here and now. 

Screenshot_20221009_071038.jpg

Emily’s taking too long I just ripped the flacs from here and uploaded to my iTunes 

If I could curate the Erotica 30th Anniversary Edition this is how it would be: 

1. Erotic
2. Fever (Hot Sweat Edit)
3. Bye Bye Bay (NY Hip Hop Mix)
4. Deeper and Deeper (David´s Classic New Edit)
5. Bad Girl (Extended)
6. Love Hurts
7. Waiting (Remix)
9. Rain (Radio Mix Extended)
10. In This Life (Live Girlie Show)
11. Why It´s So Hard (2022 feat Kandrik Lamar) - NEW SINGLE!
12. This Used to be my playgorund (Long Version) 
13. Goodbye to Innocence 
14. Shame 

Avaiable on a 2LP Set and in a Collector Edition including the original album remastered + 40 pages 12" booklet + poster in a special box. 

On 10/12/2022 at 5:40 AM, Dj Garrido said:

1. Erotic
5. Bad Girl (Extended)
6. Love Hurts
7. Waiting (Remix)
13. Goodbye to Innocence 
14. Shame 

Avaiable on a 2LP Set and in a Collector Edition including the original album remastered + 40 pages 12" booklet + poster in a special box. 

Where in the hell is Dear Father and You Are the One?  hahahahaha

In my dreams, yeah.

Would luv to get a special edition with metallic cover, 12 tracks remastered plus a bonus disc with demos and b-sides and a bonus Blu-ray Disc with the music videos properly remastered. Also the cover would be her full face, as the original picture is beautiful! 

On 10/12/2022 at 5:40 AM, Dj Garrido said:

1. Erotic
5. Bad Girl (Extended)
6. Love Hurts
7. Waiting (Remix)
13. Goodbye to Innocence 
14. Shame 

where's Up Down Suite, Dear Father, and You Are The One?

At this point i'm more excited about @Curtains next drop of remix ep's than anything Warner gives us. They sound great, have cover art attached, and drop into iTunes. It's all i ever wanted. And i'm  thankful that someone's doing something for the fans who don't want to lug their record players everywhere they go if they wanna listen to some remastered Madonna. :thumbsup:

On 10/12/2022 at 8:40 AM, Dj Garrido said:

1. Erotic
5. Bad Girl (Extended)
6. Love Hurts
7. Waiting (Remix)
13. Goodbye to Innocence 
14. Shame 

You took off some of the best songs, lol.  No offense, but I'm so glad you're not in charge of this.

Given the train of thought she seems to be on lately and all that Dita teasing it would be a shame if Erotica wouldn't be the first reissue announced this year. That album seems so relevant now, especially in terms of her legacy and where public discourse and pop culture are in terms of sexual self-expression and exploration. I'm not saying it's her magnum opus necessarily, but it encompasses everything she's stood up for her entire career in the most consistent way.

I don't care much about remixes (though I know many of you do) given almost all of them are circulating in acceptable quality, but I would kill for "Dear Father", "Love Hurts", "Goodbye to Innocence", "Shame", "You Are the One" and "You Thrill Me" to make their debut in restored quality.

Then again, she's not too keen on looking back, so her perspective of what's worth including on a reissue is most likely to differ tremendously from our expectations. Maybe it's my literature degree, but I'm all for comprehensive compilations, collecting every stage and variation of a work. Her tentatively revisionist and perhaps slightly opportunistic approach might interfere with that. Hopefully she'll find as much joy in these abandoned recordings after listening to them for the first time in year as we have had for years...

Edited by acolyte (see edit history)