Why Causing a Commotion isn't on FEL ?

How did it happen that this amazing hit didn't make it into the complation? After all, the song reached #1 first at the chart.
I would really like to hear an unreleased version or at least a remastered version of one of the classic remixes.
On the same FEL topic, I was the only one who bothered that there was a break in the chronology with the remixes from "You can dance"?

6 hours ago, אביחי אפשטיין said:

How did it happen that this amazing hit didn't make it into the complation? After all, the song reached #1 first at the chart.
I would really like to hear an unreleased version or at least a remastered version of one of the classic remixes.
On the same FEL topic, I was the only one who bothered that there was a break in the chronology with the remixes from "You can dance"?

302446220_1160807827838820_3620299369999

• 10 months later...

Did we ever get an answer to this? I just came to this section of the forum about to ask the same thing! How could they not include a #1 song from the chart when it's the whole point of the project to compile them??? This is mind boggling to me.

ALso - somehow there are still 50 songs on the tracklist :Madonna048: The math is not mathing for me! How is this possible when they skipped one of the 50 :cryin:  What song did they replace CAC with?

16 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Did we ever get an answer to this? I just came to this section of the forum about to ask the same thing! How could they not include a #1 song from the chart when it's the whole point of the project to compile them??? This is mind boggling to me.

ALso - somehow there are still 50 songs on the tracklist :Madonna048: The math is not mathing for me! How is this possible when they skipped one of the 50 :cryin:  What song did they replace CAC with?

Yea, some fans try to use the RSD Super Club Mix EP as the reasoning Causing a Commotion wasn’t included on FEL :laughing:

It doesn’t make any sense as to why it wasn’t included and it sucks because it was a #2 smash here in the U.S. and I love it.

No other M song sounds like it, imo.

Would love to see M revive this on the Celebration Tour, but that is never going to happen. :cry:

On 10/8/2022 at 2:10 PM, אביחי אפשטיין said:

I love this song. I agree it belongs on the FEL.  Nevertheless, I'm happy with the tracks list. Still, Physical Attraction and Everybody doesn't fit the actual theme of this album.  It's about 50 #1's on the dance charts.  Neither were.  That said, it's understandable to include her first "Dance club hit".... Everybody.  As for "Physcial Attraction", it's a bit more complicated other than it was a fan favorire and played at a lot of clubs.  Causing A Commotions was a #1 Dance club hit and belongs on the album, but I guess you have to ask if you prefer to sacrifice the other two that weren't #1.  The general public doesn't even realize the the difference, and to me it's a small sacrifice for avid fans. 

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

How does the tracklist still have 50 songs if she didn't include it, though? Is there a song on there that actually didn't hit #1 on the chart but she included it anyway? I'm so confused.

Actually Everybody and Physical Attraction didn't hit #1.  They are only included becasue "Everybody" was her first dance hit and "Physical Attraction" is included among the whole YOU CAN DANCE collection that went #1.  They simply chose "Physical Attraction" because it was a b-side to two other First album singles (Burning Up/Borderline) which became a fan favorite. Also, "Physical Attraction" was considered a Double A-side to Burning UP.

21 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

@BuggedOut How does the tracklist still have 50 songs if she didn't include it, though? Is there a song on there that actually didn't hit #1 on the chart but she included it anyway? I'm so confused.

@WokeUpInMedellin since you asked me:

She included Everybody and Physical Attraction from the You Can Dance LP as the You Can Dance LP hit #1 on the dance chart. So both Everybody and Physical Attraction were included. :)

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Thank you everyone. I can't say I agree with her decision on this but, oh well I guess. I would have preferred Causing a Commotion on there instead of Everybody or Physical Attraction. But it is what it is and it's done, I suppose.

It definitely makes FEL feel like it’s missing something.

One glaring omission. Total bummer.

Still a fun remix album to listen to whilst cleaning :party:

She chose the Remix Edit of Everybody and Physical Attraction from YCD because they were technically #1’s since the YOU CAN DANCE LP Cuts hit #1. :)

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Thank you everyone. I can't say I agree with her decision on this but, oh well I guess. I would have preferred Causing a Commotion on there instead of Everybody or Physical Attraction. But it is what it is and it's done, I suppose.

I think a lot of people would agree with you, but I also understand why "Everybody" was included as it was her first Dance Club hit.  And Like mentioned, "Physical Attraction" is a fan favorite and being YOU CAN DANCE went #1, she chose Physical Attraction to represent that.  It may not be ideal for everyone, but it's still a great collection.

1. 1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
  2. 1984, "Like a Virgin" (three)
  3. 1985, "Material Girl"
  4. 1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
  5. 1987, "Open Your Heart"
  6. 1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
  7. 1988, "You Can Dance (LP Cuts)"
  8. 1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
  9. 1989, "Express Yourself" (three)
  10. 1990, "Keep It Together"
  11. 1990, "Vogue" (two)
  12. 1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
  13. 1992, "Erotica"
  14. 1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
  15. 1993, "Fever"
  16. 1994, "Secret" (two)
  17. 1995, "Bedtime Story"
  18. 1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
  19. 1998, "Frozen" (two)
  20. 1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
  21. 1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
  22. 1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)
  23. 2000, "American Pie"
  24. 2000, "Music" (five)
  25. 2001, "Don't Tell Me"
  26. 2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
  27. 2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
  28. 2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
  29. 2003, "American Life"
  30. 2003, "Hollywood"
  31. 2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears featuring Madonna (two)
  32. 2004, "Nothing Fails"
  33. 2004, "Love Profusion"
  34. 2005, "Hung Up" (four)
  35. 2006, "Sorry" (two)
  36. 2006, "Get Together"
  37. 2006, "Jump" (two)
  38. 2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
  39. 2008, "Give It 2 Me"
  40. 2009, "Celebration"
  41. 2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
  42. 2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
  43. 2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
  44. 2015, "Living for Love"
  45. 2015, "Ghosttown"
  46. 2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj
  47. 2019, "Medellín," Madonna & Maluma
  48. 2019, "I Rise"
  49. 2019, "Crave," Madonna & Swae Lee
  50. 2020, "I Don't Search I Find"

I think it was nice to include Everybody as representative of the YCD album. In my opinion, they should have removed Me Against the Music in favor of Lucky Star as well. Angel could have been included instead of DCFMA or American Pie to be honest.

22 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Ya I'm not sure what radio station that would be lol ... maybe Toronto or CBC affiliates

It went to #9 on the U.S. Billboard 100.  That is measured by sales and radio airplay. In the U.S., the song managed to sell a half a million copies which was really good then. Any song with moderate radio airplay and selling 500,000 copies would easily hit top 10.  Looking at Canada sales, it appears Rescue Me did nicely there as well. Radio definitely played the song, but it just didn't get played enough to chart as high as many probably hoped for.  Like mentioned, I only had heard it a few times on the radio, but it probably was played more than I thought. But it surely didn't get the same play as Vogue and Justify My Love was getting.

The other thing to consider, it came after the all the attention of Justify My Love.  Both that song and Vogue were still doing quite well and getting pretty decent radio airplay as well by the time Rescue Me was released.

#9 in the U.S. and a top 5 in Canada isn't bad at all.  I just think that there probably wasn't a big push for Rescue me on radio, being her team at the time, probably expected with all the attention of Justify My Love, it wouldn't need much.  :)

18 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Ya I'm not sure what radio station that would be lol ... maybe Toronto or CBC affiliates

I definitely didn’t hear it as much as Justify My Love on the radio, but pretty much anything released at that time by Madonna would’ve been a top 10, or close to it.