Madonna x SickKick “Frozen” Remix submitted for Best Remix at the Grammys

deathproof

6 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

It's gonna win like the Revolver and I Rise remixes where Madonna wasn't credited, they do it on purpose istg

I doubt the DJs that are submitting nominations and voting in that category are doing that deliberately. Let’s be honest here….

36 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I doubt the DJs that are submitting nominations and voting in that category are doing that deliberately. Let’s be honest here….

She always gets nominated in these categories and ignored in the rest. Idk how a video from Madame X wasn't nominated for Best Video, only if her label never submitted would make sense.

5 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

The remix will get the win btw, they always give awards to Madonna content when she's not credited.

I mean that's sort of true, the 2 songs she sang at the Oscars coincidentally won, she just didn't write them. And then when Masterpiece won the Golden Globe for best song, the Oscars decided NOT to nominate it.

Unimpressed Dogs GIF

1 hour ago, Piksel8 said:

I mean that's sort of true, the 2 songs she sang at the Oscars coincidentally won, she just didn't write them. And then when Masterpiece won the Golden Globe for best song, the Oscars decided NOT to nominate it.

Unimpressed Dogs GIF

actually, Masterpiece was ineligible for the Oscars,  because, in their terms, it was not "used either in the body of the film, or as the 'first music cue' in the closing credits (i.e. the first song that plays once the screen fades to black)." - it was used too late in the credits to be considered for the nomination.

It might be silly, but it's a rule for the award, and - this is only my opinion - she might have pulled an "I'm not compromising my art" for this one. But I agree, even if there was no win, it would still be nice to have at least the nomination.

7 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

She always gets nominated in these categories and ignored in the rest. Idk how a video from Madame X wasn't nominated for Best Video, only if her label never submitted would make sense.

I really like the Madame X videos and album but I don't feel it was Grammy worthy. But in saying that half the shit they nominate or give awards to nowadays are not Grammy worthy either :lol: 

9 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

I must admit, the fact that God Control was never nominated for a Grammy absolutely astounds me. 

You really need to be deaf and blind not to have noticed it's the only track of hers that made at least a slight and positive impression on people (not talking about hardcore fans) in the last years. If the first "unofficial" version of the remix hadn't started trending, she wouldn't have noticed and probably wouldn't have given it second thought as she did. Business-wise, what happened with this remix and collab is a huge achievement.

Considering how that remix went viral on social media, I think the remix would definitely deserve winning. Like it or not, but as previous members have said, it’s one of the only things (M related) in recent years that have made some significance in mainstream media. Because the last thing was what? Eurovision?

At least for this one the reception outside of the fanbase was positive, and I think that the negative opinion of the fans related to these Sickick remixes mostly comes from the fact that it lasted for wayyyy too long and that she jumped on its popularity a bit late. But many people liked the remixes and the videos at the end of the day. :) 

Seriously?! The original song, which is a masterpiece, didn't get even nominated to a Grammy back in the 90s. Not even Like A Prayer was nominated back in the 80s, and now they decided to nominate this crap?

My God. And I though this award was about quality. :poo:

Hi, I think the Frozen remix Grammy buzz is so good. It gives credibility to her efforts and a funky remix. Shows WB is invested. And I never thought Finally Enough Love 50 Number Ones would ever be mentioned In a Variety magazine article about the Grammys. 20 of her classic remixes are up for consideration. I love when she gets recognition. It makes all of the hype worth it. The music first and then this kind of publicity is all I need. This also gives a reason to be interested in Grammy season. Let's go Grammy's give M some well deserved  nominations.

https://variety.com/2022/music/awards/grammy-awards-predictions-2023-madonna-frozen-remix-1235402023/

A1BpYdtWApL._SX522_.jpg

grammys.jpeg

4095462-2831002.jpg