Truth or Dare has aged like the most fine wine, isn't it?

Lucas B.

I rewatched last night after a while and it still has the same replay value as it always had (at least with me). It's always a pleasure to follow M. backstage during the golden days when she literally ruled the world. What I just don't get is that Alek said that only the performance shown on film were recorded, for me that's plain b.s. as it would demand much more of a hard work to move the cranes plus turn on/off the cameras during the performance that were supposed to be recorded. The full concert in HD must exist and it is outthere somewhere. When we'll get it? God only knows.

Also, I just love the Chanel store scene, french kissing between Slam and Gabriel, M. revealing that Sean is her true love during TOD game, the gay parade plus other golden moments like the ''neat'' encounter with Kevin Costner and obv the time she met Antonio Banderas (small dick alert, cause he's way too perfect as she claims and there must be something wrong).

Wish we had something similar for The Girlie Show, it would've been fun to see more of her proccess behind the scenes, rehearsing etc.

4 hours ago, Vasili said:

It's still not cool how she first reacted at the story of her makeup artists getting drugged and raped.

Yeah That hasn’t aged well, and hearing Mama Makeup’s account about it on the MLVC podcast didn’t sit well with me tbqh. But I have always admired M for showing her worts and all in this documentary. It’s such a rarity for a star of that caliber to expose themselves in a full length documentary like this.

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

Yeah That hasn’t aged well, and hearing Mama Makeup’s account about it on the MLVC podcast didn’t sit well with me tbqh. But I have always admired M for showing her worts and all in this documentary. It’s such a rarity for a star of that caliber to expose themselves in a full length documentary like this.

Agreed. I'll have to check out that episode.

Seeing this as a very little kid and then over and over growing up was like watching The Wizard of Oz on steroids. Just magical, of course.

Seeing Strike a Pose as an adult. Hearing Gabriel's story. Reading Christopher's account of the cemetery scene. The Mama Makeup stuff everyone has mentioned...

It's messy.

And I personally have known/ seen many people online say they loved her music, but were turned off by her personality after TOD.

I'm glad she did it though. I'll probably give it another watch again now. And a much more interesting/entertaining project than I'm Going To Tell You A Secret. The focus on the dancers in the latter is so boring after you've hung out with the queens from TOD. Not even close.

2 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Reading Christopher's account of the cemetery scene

I've read LWMSM and, personally, tho it was very interesting to see Christopher's pov I don't know if I believe 100% in what he says.

Anyway, the cemetery scene catches me every single time I watch TOD, it's deeply emotional.

As for IGTTYAS, I watched it last night and, oh god, that Cabala thing is SO fucking boring, I couldn't stand anytime she say something about ''the light'', ''change'' etc etc etc We like to see the bitchy Madonna who don't give a fuck, not this spiritualized version of her.

1 hour ago, Lucas B. said:

I've read LWMSM and, personally, tho it was very interesting to see Christopher's pov I don't know if I believe 100% in what he says.

Anyway, the cemetery scene catches me every single time I watch TOD, it's deeply emotional.

As for IGTTYAS, I watched it last night and, oh god, that Cabala thing is SO fucking boring, I couldn't stand anytime she say something about ''the light'', ''change'' etc etc etc We like to see the bitchy Madonna who don't give a fuck, not this spiritualized version of her.

I fully believe Christopher's take on the cemetery story. And most of what he says in the book. He could have been way more vicious imo. And I understand his reaction to that scene. But I also respect her decision to do that her way. People handle death and loss differently and I still think she was genuine in those scenes, even if it wasn't the way Chris would have went about it.

As for IGTTYAS, there is something a bit off the wall about the Kabbalah section that I enjoy. But I can understand why others were bored. It's cool she included Stuart making fun of it the whole time.

17 hours ago, deathproof said:

It's amazing how Madonna fanatics will make excuses for her "worts" (it's "warts," by the way). The rape scene with Mama Makeup showed Madonna's true character, which, quite honestly, is almost non-existent, especially since she was supposedly "raped" herself in New York.

2 hours ago, Musica said:

It's amazing how Madonna fanatics will make excuses for her "worts" (it's "warts," by the way). The rape scene with Mama Makeup showed Madonna's true character, which, quite honestly, is almost non-existent, especially since she was supposedly "raped" herself in New York.

You aren't doing too well with your first couple of posts. Maybe you should sit back and just read the site for a while.