"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

14 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

I think it’s safe to say that this demo will not see the light of day on Spotify.

It was under her interscope contract first of all…

But all those songs are hers, just licensed to Interscope for distribution for a number of years. In fact the three Interscope albums will pass on to Warner eventually, the first one in 2025, according to the official press release from August 2021.

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

I think it’s safe to say that this demo will not see the light of day on Spotify.

It's safe to say that Spotify doesn't have a call on this as long as M keeps it in her vault.

YouTube and TikTok are thieves who don't respect anything for the sake of content production, that's it.

The production on the MX version of the song is Top tier idc, it might sound like it belongs to another song, a more serious one for example, I agree on that, but I don't understand how people can say it's trash. It's a banger and I love the influence from Japanese (?) music here 

I have a doubt: if the remix on TikTok is based on a demo that never saw the light of day (officially), and the version released on Interscope is different from that one, wouldn't that make it possible for her to release the demo on Spotify, since it's a different version than the owned by Interscope?

I’ve always thot this was the best track on madame X I love both versions - I miss my daughter loving everything Madonna with me 

had to add to the challenge : old vid of us I was mixing the song while djing when the song first came out 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR9ukNaU/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR9ukNaU/

20 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Dear BTU haters, I'd really like to understand what repulses you so hard on that track. Serious question. Is it the mood ? Is it the disco vibe ? Is it the Pharrell bounce ? Lyrics ? Vocals ? 

EVERYTHAAANG  :laughing:

To think there are many gems between the RH demos... why this one?

I quite like the flute in the MX version though

Still rising  :Madonna034:

Back That Up

Shazam:

#26 Bulgaria (+6)

#31 Romania (+4)

#47 Norway (+21)

#50 Austria (+30)

#75 Greece (+25)

#77 Germany (+32)

#78 Hungary (+30)

#83 Switzerland (+32)

#91 Poland (+33)

#112 Croatia (+16)

#129 Sweden (+31)

#137 Netherlands (NE)

#146 Finland (+21)

#197 Belgium (NE)

90k Shazams (+10k)

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

EVERYTHAAANG  :laughing:

So this track sounds worse to you than Incredible for example ? 

Thanks for bringing arguments to this.

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

To think there are many gems between the RH demos... why this one?

Because it's a thread about this song being popular on TikTok.

Thanks for trolling.

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

So this track sounds worse to you than Incredible for example ? 

Thanks for bringing arguments to this.

Because it's a thread about this song being popular on TikTok.

Thanks for trolling.

What are your arguments in favour of BTU?

It's just taste, not trolling, but clearly you don't want to understand, but prefer to assume things and be offensive for no reason.

"Why this one" refers to reviving this one for MX while there were so many better demos left out from the RH sessions. It has nothing to do, lyrically and musically, with the album.

I definitely much prefer Incredible, I love the peculiar structure and how the song changes in the middle and I totally connect to the lyrics about falling in love and then out of love. I don't like a song that repeats "back that up" and "do it" to exhaustion. Nothing interesting musically, apart the flute in the released version.

Are you happy now?

13 hours ago, Enrico said:

What are your arguments in favour of BTU?

It's just taste, not trolling, but clearly you don't want to understand, but prefer to assume things and be offensive for no reason.

"Why this one" refers to reviving this one for MX while there were so many better demos left out from the RH sessions. It has nothing to do, lyrically and musically, with the album.

I definitely much prefer Incredible, I love the peculiar structure and how the song changes in the middle and I totally connect to the lyrics about falling in love and then out of love. I don't like a song that repeats "back that up" and "do it" to exhaustion. Nothing interesting musically, apart the flute in the released version.

Are you happy now?

Check my previous post on the thread: "funky, funny, straight to the point". I can elaborate and say that it reminds me of Superpop brilliance and that I love the lyrics and the woo woo gimmick.

Oh, and I'm always happy when I hear a good M song.

well, we're not talking about this is a masterpiece or not. We're talking about which version is better.

To me, Rebel heart demo version is way better than MadameX version. Because only one good thing about this song is her sexy low voice. you know, this part.

I'll be drinking Krug Rosé and sometimes Lemon Drops
I'll be wearing diamond grills and Louboutins a lot
Sometimes I can be extreme, I'm never gonna stop
Keep this party going, we'll be dancing 'til we drop

I really love her sexy low voice at this part but of course she ruined it with auto tune at Madame X album. 

Back That Up

Shazam:

#20 Bulgaria (+6)

#27 Romania (+4)

#39 Norway (+8)

#46 Austria (+4)

#64 Germany (+13)

#66 Greece (+9)

#68 Hungary (+10)

#72 Switzerland (+11)

#77 Poland (+14)

#97 Sweden (+32)

#103 Netherlands (+34)

#118 Finland (+28)

#120 Croatia (-8)

#169 Belgium (+28)

#176 Denmark (NE)

#189 Israel (NE)

Shazams 100k (+10k)

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic