"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

Back That Up

Shazam:

#16 Bulgaria (=)

#27 Romania (-1)

#30 Norway (+6)

#44 Austria (+1)

#44 Greece (+9)

#48 Hungary (+9)

#55 Germany (+2)

#62 Switzerland (+2)

#67 Poland (+2)

#72 Netherlands (+11)

#80 Sweden (+3)

#86 Finland (+11)

#89 Croatia (+19)

#111 Turkey (+31)

#113 Belgium (+18)

#122 Israel (+22)

#135 Denmark (+18)

#180 Czech Republic (NE)

#194 Worldwide (NE)

SHAZAMS /110K/

48 minutes ago, xavier said:

Now on Spotify. But don’t think legally 🤔

171F07F7-EA40-4245-BE5C-8FB4A4B69C42.jpeg

Here we go :Madonna009: Same thing happened with the "Frozen" remix with lots of unofficial releases for months before she made it official and released it herself.

Thing is, maybe she's trapped with this one... that song is from the Interscope years and all those songs are hers but licensed to Interscope for a number of years. The 2021 Warner press release said the Interscope albums would pass to Warner "starting 2025".

We'll see, maybe it's easy and she can release it under the Warner umbrella anyway. But she should take advantage of it, the trend is growing and is not going away.

Meanwhile, the "Frozen" remix reached 100M streams on Spotify this week! These things are silly but they work.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

How do they get away with this shit? 

Unlike Frozen, which was a sample / re-work of her vocals and obviously appealed to her, this is just daylight robbery (or artistic rape as she might say herself), so I can see Guyo having it pulled altogether and perhaps getting an official version up.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Here we go :Madonna009: Same thing happened with the "Frozen" remix with lots of unofficial releases for months before she made it official and released it herself.

Thing is, maybe she's trapped with this one... that song is from the Interscope years and all those songs are hers but licensed to Interscope for a number of years. The 2021 Warner press release said the Interscope albums would pass to Warner "starting 2025".

We'll see, maybe it's easy and she can release it under the Warner umbrella anyway. But she should take advantage of it, the trend is growing and is not going away.

Meanwhile, the "Frozen" remix reached 100M streams on Spotify this week! These things are silly but they work.

She could release easily with Warner, since in 2015 don't have an official release with Interscope I suppose 

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

maybe she's trapped with this one...

Nope. The song has always been hers because the copyright belongs to Boy Toy Inc. The loss is for Interscope which isn't able to protect the licensed stuff from BT, she can sue them, especially thanks to the release on MX deluxe, which gives it a commercial release and a legal value even if it's not the same mix/remix.

And since she's making money from the Interscope releases from the licence deal (they didn't stop paying her when she switched for Warner), it doesn't change a thing for her and Pharrell. She'll get her money from Spotify and TikTok when these sites get their shit together.

Money from streaming isn't paid day by day, the business affairs divisions from the sites and the record companies check every line of cash before anything goes to a bank account. There is no way that this artist "KemalBeatz" is going to get a dime from it. But their channel and Spotify page is getting views so they're going to have an increase on their other legal (legal, really?) tracks, that's where the scam lies because the algorithm is going to help them when lots of people stream BTU.

They're likely to be banned shortly anyway.

Do those Shazam charts and TikTok viral hits result in actual income anyway? M will notice after a while and milk the crap out of it when the hype is dead. Hopefully tiny little viral moments will make her sort of an indie icon for the new generation so a bigger new hit may come one day. As long as they hear M's name let anyone upload this song.

23 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Do those Shazam charts and TikTok viral hits result in actual income anyway? M will notice after a while and milk the crap out of it when the hype is dead. Hopefully tiny little viral moments will make her sort of an indie icon for the new generation so a bigger new hit may come one day. As long as they hear M's name let anyone upload this song.

TikTok actually pay artists, shit money but they pay.

The income comes later with proper streaming in other platforms, like Spotify. She's benefited big time from the "Frozen" remix and "Material Girl" trends, both of them her two most streamed songs for a year now on Spotify. If this new trend keeps growing and she officially releases the song on streaming, maybe she won't have another "Frozen", but it will definitely make her good money.

For reference, the song on the unofficial released single has made 2.500 streams in hours on Spotify without even being credited to her name. That's nothing for now but shows the power these trends have. Imagine with a proper release.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, PlayPause said:

Give it 2 Me is good but I hate the bridge, a terrible and useless mess, not funny or entertaining as the songs thinks it is.

Beat Goes On is nice too, I love the production, but since it features Kanye it's a no no for me now, and has been for quite some time. And even before his cancellation, I thought these kind of dance pop songs with a rap verse were always stretching too far for no reason. It wasn't single material anyway.

She's Not Me is great too, and really fun, but her vocals on the chorus are 😖 ... and it's an album track that doesn't stand on its own.

BTA as a demo isn't polished obviously but it had great potential, as we are proved today.

Imagine thinking GI2M, BGO and SNM are worse than one of the possibly worst songs in Madonna's career.

Back That Up shouldn't even exist. That song is an utter embarrassment. Nothing about it is remotely good and it never had potential.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:10 PM, Blue Prince said:

Ciao bella blows everything out of the water and it would have been a huge summer hit in Europe by another artist. Back that up was more enjoyable as part of RH I think. But I would want the Madame X album to benefit from it because it's sadly overlooked.

You must be delusional if you think ANYTHING from Madame X could have been a hit or even close to it. ESPECIALLY not that song where she's basically a featured artist and nothing more. Utter shit.

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic