"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

On 12/14/2022 at 8:23 AM, GregVsMatt said:

I think we would have got the album as intended with the Rebel and Heart songs separate and in their original form without the Kanye remixes etc no telling what the impact would have been. 

No that’s bullshit actually. They had to remix the album either way cause Avicii dropped out due to health reasons midway through the recording process. Aside from that, Madonna had Rebel Heart set as the title for a long time. It was always going to be a two-part project with one of them being the „renegade“ rebel half and the other being the more romantic and nostalgic „heart“ side.

She was most likely going to further work on the other Avicii songs had the album session not leaked in advance. A lot of songs she has done with Avicii appeared on the album in their demo form. 

Overall, I think the issue was that she was trying to make it cohesive when it was clear that she wouldn’t be recording two full, separate albums. However, since the release date got pushed to an earlier date, there wasn’t enough time for Ryan Tedder, Bloodpop and Kanye to finalize the other Avicii tracks (HeartBreakCity, Messiah, Rebel Heart) on time. In addition to that, her label didn’t go along with her „dual album“ vision and demanded ONE album. I think by that time she resignated and just picked out 19 songs + 6 bonus tracks that she felt were good enough for a release and called it a day. She also highlighted 6 songs (3 from each half of the album) that she considered for single release and the label (stupidly) released them as an EP AT ONCE. They also most likely came up with that ridiculous abridged version that omits the title track because they felt that 19 tracks were too long and they just chopped off the last 5 tracks.

All in all, I am convinced that the current tracklist of the album was a product of miscommunication. She probably just gave up at that point. 

This is essentially how the tracklist could have looked like with the „dual album“ concept somewhat intact:

1. Iconic
  2. Illuminati
  3. Bitch I'm Madonna
  4. Unapologetic Bitch
  5. Best Night
  6. S.E.X.
  7. Holy Water
  8. Inside Out
  9. Veni Vidi Vici
  10. Living for Love
  11. Hold Tight
  12. Ghosttown
  13. Wash All Over Me
  14. Devil Pray
  15. Body Shop
  16. Joan of Arc
  17. HeartBreakCity
  18. Messiah
  19. Rebel Heart

10 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Superstar, Spanish Lessons and Autotune Baby say hi! 

All dreadful but not nearly as bad as this song, sorry. It was the worst song of the entire demo session from Rebel Heart. Just cause TikTok is taking the piss out of it, doesn’t mean it’s good.

11 minutes ago, MPowered said:

All dreadful but not nearly as bad as this song, sorry. It was the worst song of the entire demo session from Rebel Heart. Just cause TikTok is taking the piss out of it, doesn’t mean it’s good.

I never payed attention to the 2014 demo... My first listen was the Madame X bonus track version. And I thought it was very catchy, as I found myself singing always the chorus. So I understand why it's popular right now, let's see how it's the polished final version if she wants to release it as the rumours are saying

7 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I never payed attention to the 2014 demo... My first listen was the Madame X bonus track version. And I thought it was very catchy, as I found myself singing always the chorus. So I understand why it's popular right now, let's see how it's the polished final version if she wants to release it as the rumours are saying

Spanish Lesson is also catchy but still…not a good song. I bet you that had she released Spanish Lesson nowadays, TikTok would also make fun of it and make it go viral. The most ridiculous and stupid songs go viral cause most of TikTok relies on comedy and funny videos. Back That Up going viral is mostly because a) the song is hilariously bad b) they don’t know it’s a Madonna song.

Just like the "Frozen" remix situation, it's not that deep. Lots of songs get viral on TikTok for various reasons. They're trends, artists take advantage of the situation and that's it.

She's lucky to have another chance to boost her streaming numbers and make easy money releasing an old demo. Minimal effort and good profit and results.

The song is up to #8 on Shazam worldwide today. She really shouldn't wait a month to release it.

Hey, if it means she is innovating and releasing music sporadically and  not the traditional single/album/single/single/single format, then GREAT!

If it means we get music outside of album cycles and it could be any new take on previously released material, material that is not even necessarily a single or even a known track, I think it's fine.

Keeps us busy until there is a proper album and/or re-issue.

One of the most interesting things about her fandom is how wildly different opinions are, even about her classics. 

For me this demo is a cute bop. Light, fun.

I Rise put me to sleep. Bland. And trying to shoehorn it as a "pride anthem" without the people making it one was....interesting.

I like Autotune Baby more than most of Madame X. My mom's favorite number on the last several tours? CANDY SHOP. She's waiting for that one to go viral.

"This is the worst thing she's ever done!" feels a bit much this time. We've lived through "Hey You", "Me Against The Music", the last few years etc. We'll be fine.

some Madonna fans are never happy :confused:

Chris Brown  "Under The Influence" a random album track from 2019 going super viral this year on tiktok

so he released it like single (sped-up version was also released) and film a video

it charts around the world and his tour literally named  'Under the Influence' Tour 

Madonna doin the same stuff and her fans calling her desperate and etc  :oi:

1 hour ago, Askeroff said:

some Madonna fans are never happy :confused:

Chris Brown  "Under The Influence" a random album track from 2019 going super viral this year on tiktok

so he released it like single (sped-up version was also released) and film a video

it charts around the world and his tour literally named  'Under the Influence' Tour 

Madonna doin the same stuff and her fans calling her desperate and etc  :oi:

All of this..... Applause.... Applause... Applause... 👏 

10 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Her original insticts lately were 'Turn up the radio' and 'I Rise'. No thanks... 

There's nothing you can do to me that hasn't been done

Not constipated I've just got a big bum

Actually I Rise is okay, Turn Up The Radio was until the beautiful but boring as hell video. Should've been a Ray of Light style super fast video. Did I Rise even get a video?

13 minutes ago, androiduser said:

then why do we usually her to Bowie, Lennon, Elvis, Prince if she's pulling a Chris Brown? :eyes:

its not about the names or taste in music

its just how music industry works today 

nobody buy cd and albums anymore / except stans 

its all about streaming and tiktok have a huge influence on it

that's it 

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic