"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

9 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

its not about the names or taste in music

its just how music industry works today 

nobody buy cd and albums anymore / except stans 

its all about streaming and tiktok have a huge influence on it

that's it 

then how do so many great artists have great music charting in the same system? without fad remixes, features and whatnot.

giphy.gif

Akx.gif

1 hour ago, theglamorous said:

There's nothing you can do to me that hasn't been done

Not constipated I've just got a big bum

Actually I Rise is okay, Turn Up The Radio was until the beautiful but boring as hell video. Should've been a Ray of Light style super fast video. Did I Rise even get a video?

I Rise had some kind of backdrop video that is not even on her official Youtube.

Turn Up The Radio had a good video. A refreshing one outside the studio after the obession with walls of Jump, Give it 2 me and Celebration...

43 minutes ago, androiduser said:

then how do so many great artists have great music charting in the same system? without fad remixes, features and whatnot.

giphy.gif

Akx.gif

Who is that "great" for you charting nowadays, apart of Kate Bush this year with her Netflix miracle?

Plus, what is a "great artist" with "great music" anyway? Music is something absolutely subjective.

Let people be.

Yeah because Bowie was so good before he died and absolutely not trying to chart or to follow trends 

https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/54333-Benassi-Vs-Bowie-DJ-Full-Release

https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/54216-David-Guetta-vs-Bowie-Just-For-One-Day-Heroes

https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/510622-Bowie-Club-Bowie-Rare-And-Unreleased-12-Mixes

And let's not forget that great duet with Al B. Sure (or the one with Jagger)

Leeching on Placebo, Nine Inch Nails and on and on

Getting the remix featuring the Pet Shop Boys to give him an entry in the charts because Hallo Spaceboy by itself did not manage to.

Oh, Scumfrog

https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/403558-The-Scumfrog-Vs-Bowie-Loving-The-Alien

His commercials for Evian or venture into banking https://www.mtv.com/news/cz9136/david-bowie-opens-online-bank

Regarding Prince, when he stopped being great by appropriating the already old new jack sound with the horrible Levi Sacer Jr raps all over the place Or when Prince gave away his forgettable albums with tabloids. 

Really great. And i'm a huge fan of both but let's not forget the bad either.

I luv Back That up.  All for it.  It doesn't sound dated at all but I really hope it doesn't feature King David. I luv David but not a huge fan of when artists release tracks feat. their children.  I'm fully on board for performances and singing back up vocals and stuff like that but not a full feature on a track.

2 hours ago, Askeroff said:

post names and stats then

who do it better among her peers

Elton Hag John is charting with refreshing remixes of older songs. He collab with Dua Lipa and Britney Spears. He has one of the most-streamed songs of the year i think

Kygo remixed Higher Love by Whitney Houston in 2019 and outsold everything by Madame X

Madonna could've get a bigger hit with Frozen remix if they promoted it on Spotify instead of doing random remixes that no one asked. Madonna's music promotion has dropped from 100 to 10 the last decade, it's not just about ageism, she's only good at making people mad with her IG posts now, bad publicity is still publicity isn't working in this era of society

6 hours ago, Askeroff said:

some Madonna fans are never happy :confused:

Chris Brown  "Under The Influence" a random album track from 2019 going super viral this year on tiktok

so he released it like single (sped-up version was also released) and film a video

it charts around the world and his tour literally named  'Under the Influence' Tour 

Madonna doin the same stuff and her fans calling her desperate and etc  :oi:

Not that M doesn't come across a bit desperate these days, but Chris Brown has his own PR issues to overcome.

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

Just like the "Frozen" remix situation, it's not that deep. Lots of songs get viral on TikTok for various reasons. They're trends, artists take advantage of the situation and that's it.

She's lucky to have another chance to boost her streaming numbers and make easy money releasing an old demo. Minimal effort and good profit and results.

The song is up to #8 on Shazam worldwide today. She really shouldn't wait a month to release it.

We get that but M trying to hop on little transient trends is kind of desperate and below her queendom.

Quality over quantity is a better approach. The people are getting fatigued. Keep it classic.

Everything else is noise and a waste of her/her team's efforts.

49 minutes ago, Vasili said:

We get that but M trying to hop on little transient trends is kind of desperate and below her queendom.

Quality over quantity is a better approach. The people are getting fatigued. Keep it classic.

Everything else is noise and a waste of her/her team's efforts.

Why is it desperate? I think she's adapting to a modern music industry and while she may make misguided choices along the way, I don't think it's desperate. She's always wanted her music to reach as many people as possible, otherwise she wouldn't do half of what she has done.

15 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

Why is it desperate? I think she's adapting to a modern music industry and while she may make misguided choices along the way, I don't think it's desperate. She's always wanted her music to reach as many people as possible, otherwise she wouldn't do half of what she has done.

Don't bother. Here's a tip, whenever you see a poster her downplaying Madonna's achievements or being negative all the time about everything regarding her, go to the Music section on this forum, check the threads about Gaga, Beyonce and whatnot and you'll see the same posters praising them, defending them with their lives...because this is the reason why they are here in the first place, the second reason is to rain on our parade. Because that's what their whole lives are all about. Who with a job, a relationship, friends, a passion, a life would spend so much time on someone they don't like and going to these lenghts to police whatever people say on every possible forum about their favourite popstar as if she was family ? No one with a sane mind. Unhealthy AF.

25 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

So true.  Madonna has been loud and clear since her early days.  She even stated on American Bandstand in early '84 to Dick Clark, she wanted "to rule the world".  If that doesn't tell you that Madonna isn't looking to be in the spotlight at any chance nothing will.  Like you said, whether she's leading or even following, she's adapting to "modern music industry".  She did it back then and she's doing now.  She's always been interested in reaching many different people, not just the gays, not just the wannabes, not just anybody.  She's pretty much done it all.  Nothing she does now is "desperate".  It's just her finding ways to continue to compete in the current music industry.  If she ignored social media and streaming trends, she would definitely be nothing but a nostalgic act.  Nothing wrong with being that, but that's not what she's wanting to only do.  She still wants to release new and current sounds.  I always look forward to see what she does next because it's always exactly in line with what is current and fresh. 

1 hour ago, Glassy24 said:

Nah.

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic