"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

I think in a near future some artists will release their albums, then  for the Tiktok viral trends to decide which single they will release and make a video for. Look what's happening for a couple of year, major artists like Madonna, Gaga etc release what's going viral on Tiktok, and not what their labels and records companies have predicted or planned. What's happening now on Tiktok is the beginning of a new era where people chose the singles of the artists. It's the beginning of something new. In the future we could see some major acts name their tour "Tiktok viral tour" ; -)

20 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I think in a near future some artists will release their albums, then  for the Tiktok viral trends to decide which single they will release and make a video for. Look what's happening for a couple of year, major artists like Madonna, Gaga etc release what's going viral on Tiktok, and not what their labels and records companies have predicted or planned. What's happening now on Tiktok is the beginning of a new era where people chose the singles of the artists. It's the beginning of something new. In the future we could see some major acts name their tour "Tiktok viral tour" ; -)

Not when the west bans the platform in the next six months it won’t

Fair play to her for being reactive. It's a far cry from the head in the sand approach to the last 15 years or so from her team. At the risk of sounding like an ungrateful hag everything feels like it's bordering on too little too late. I think much of her fan base her disbanded. I think there was a good few years where Madonna was really busy being a mom and took her eyes off her career and left Guy to make a few more of the decisions than he would have in the past. That's entirely fair because she sacrificed so much of her personal life for her fame in the first 25 years. I think the absence of Madonnas lazer like career focus at a time when Warner were not there care taking her legacy, twinned with the messy interscope years in free fall and all those vacuous holes filled by social media antics have left her stock in a much reduced value than it really should be. 

Happy to see her back on her hussle game strong but it's much diminished. It must be really frustrating for her to have worked so hard for so long and not be able to leave the table for a well earned breather and come back to find it in a reduced state. She's got some work to do and bullet proof NEW material backed up and bolstered by an onslaught of legacy releases with her entire catalogue presented digitally ( albeit ten years too late), rounded off by a greatest hits tour ( albeit ten years too late) and a biopic ( the right time). is the immunity booster jab her career needs right now. Good luck mother.x

I was soooo excited about this. But it seems she's not releasing the demo and it sounds like a mix of the demo and the Madame X version. That's a massive missed opportunity. Everyone is going crazy for the demo.  Her voice sounds fantastic on the demo. Now it sounds overly computerised. Just release the frigging demo.

Edited by planetbenjamin (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

I was soooo excited about this. But it seems she's not releasing the demo and it sounds like a mix of the demo and the Madame X version. That's a massive missed opportunity. Everyone is going crazy for the demo.  Her voice sounds fantastic on the demo. Now it sounds overly computerised. Just release the frigging demo.

I really think she’ll release an EP of versions (hoping anyway :Madonna041:)

To release a much different version than the demo everyone is loving and looking forward to since October is straight up stupid... If she does this she's just stupid and really deserves to flop tbh... I hope at least that it's a single EP with more tracks, she would win easily with that and not just a re-recorded unrecognizable version... 

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

To release a much different version than the demo everyone is loving and looking forward to since October is straight up stupid... If she does this she's just stupid and really deserves to flop tbh... I hope at least that it's a single EP with more tracks, she would win easily with that and not just a re-recorded unrecognizable version... 

"unrecognizable"?  So you're that convinced no one will know the difference between a tweaked version of this song over what has gone viral?  All this negative chatter about this latest release reminds me when people were flipping out over the Frozen mixes.  Yet, it went on to score her over a 100 million streams in a very short period of time and became one of her biggest streaming songs, even bigger than some of her classics.  There's nothing "stupid" about this.  What would be stupid is do nothing and miss the opportunity to ride the wave of a viral moment.  I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will enjoy this mix, even if some here don't.

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Fair play to her for being reactive. It's a far cry from the head in the sand approach to the last 15 years or so from her team. At the risk of sounding like an ungrateful hag everything feels like it's bordering on too little too late. I think much of her fan base her disbanded. I think there was a good few years where Madonna was really busy being a mom and took her eyes off her career and left Guy to make a few more of the decisions than he would have in the past. That's entirely fair because she sacrificed so much of her personal life for her fame in the first 25 years. I think the absence of Madonnas lazer like career focus at a time when Warner were not there care taking her legacy, twinned with the messy interscope years in free fall and all those vacuous holes filled by social media antics have left her stock in a much reduced value than it really should be. 

Happy to see her back on her hussle game strong but it's much diminished. It must be really frustrating for her to have worked so hard for so long and not be able to leave the table for a well earned breather and come back to find it in a reduced state. She's got some work to do and bullet proof NEW material backed up and bolstered by an onslaught of legacy releases with her entire catalogue presented digitally ( albeit ten years too late), rounded off by a greatest hits tour ( albeit ten years too late) and a biopic ( the right time). is the immunity booster jab her career needs right now. Good luck mother.x

She's a 64 years old woman now, there's no amount of lazer focus that will make her a number one popgirl again. Let it go.

It's unfair to claim for more more more all the time to a woman approaching her 70s and a woman that still active and creative. It's never gonna be enough.

If she pleases her fanbase/the gays people will say she's not bringing anything new to the table and reapiting herself, if she dares to do something different (Hello Madame X) people say it is shit. What the fuck do you guys want? Are you guys sure you enjoy any trace of her artistry still? It's ok to move on...

If she works with unknown people like Tokischa and 070 Shake people don't like it, if she works with "famous" people you guys say she should discover new talent like she used to do... like... What do you guys want?

I rather take these remixes and now Back That Up than nothing at all like between 2009 and 2012.

I rather take these "tiktok crap pandering shit music she's doing" than to see you guys complaining she didn't do anything when she had the chance.

She's never gonna be a fanbase pleaser like Kylie or Cher. Isn't that obvious?

15 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

She's a 64 years old woman now, there's no amount of lazer focus that will make her a number one popgirl again. Let it go.

It's unfair to claim for more more more all the time to a woman approaching her 70s and a woman that still active and creative. It's never gonna be enough.

If she pleases her fanbase/the gays people will say she's not bringing anything new to the table and reapiting herself, if she dares to do something different (Hello Madame X) people say it is shit. What the fuck do you guys want? Are you guys sure you enjoy any trace of her artistry still? It's ok to move on...

If she works with unknown people like Tokischa and 070 Shake people don't like it, if she works with "famous" people you guys say she should discover new talent like she used to do... like... What do you guys want?

I rather take these remixes and now Back That Up than nothing at all like between 2009 and 2012.

I rather take these "tiktok crap pandering shit music she's doing" than to see you guys complaining she didn't do anything when she had the chance.

She's never gonna be a fanbase pleaser like Kylie or Cher. Isn't that obvious?

Well, in Steady75's defense, they did say "at the risk of sounding like an ungrateful hag"...🤣

I think it's a fair, honest critique though.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

Then why is she constantly trying to release a popgirl hit? and it never works? Why doesn't Madonna let it go?

Madonna has nothing to prove to anyone.  Maybe she likes modern music.  Again, Madonna has nothing to prove.  She is the Queen of Pop.  

1 minute ago, Sultrysully said:

Madonna has nothing to prove to anyone.  Maybe she likes modern music.  Again, Madonna has nothing to prove.  She is the Queen of Pop.  

well we can just end all discussions then and just repeat this mantra. Funnily enough, this argument is used only to justify questionable songs.

27 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

You don't think she's still competitive? Interesting.

It looks to me like she's holding onto that crown very, very tightly.

4 hours ago, tscott said:

"unrecognizable"?  So you're that convinced no one will know the difference between a tweaked version of this song over what has gone viral? 

But that's exactly my point, what I said is that releasing a much different re-recorded version of the demo / altered demo snippet is stupid, because it just risks to be too different from what people have been used to while listening to it, and therefore it might alienate the audience. The demo is perfect the way it is, as what went viral is probably either a slowed or fastened snippet of it, and people using socials like tik Tok distinguish that from a new remade track lol 

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

Then why is she constantly trying to release a popgirl hit? and it never works? Why doesn't Madonna let it go?

No one is saying, Madonna isn't trying to produce another big hit.  Asking this is like asking, why is she even making music anymore?  It's because she can.  We all know she has nothing to prove, but it shouldn't stop her from trying.  And while it may never happen for her again, wouldn't it be great if she could score another big hit, maybe a #1, breaking more records possibly?   

17 minutes ago, Vasili said:

You don't think she's still competitive? Interesting.

It looks to me like she's holding onto that crown very, very tightly.

She has the receipts.  Forty years worth.  The new singers have not even begun to put a dent in the industry that still mimics her in every way from clothing to marketing  to touring.  She is still the Queen. 

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic