"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

4 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Does it matter if it's viral by it's own right? The problem with the Interscope years was that nothing went viral and they didn't care...

Luckily this is viral already so she doesn't need Interscope's help - she would be f**ed up if that was the case haha.

It's going straight to all big viral hits playlists on Spotify, watch this space.

I believe that the whole interscope thing just means that the recording copyright on the track is owned by her, but she had to license it to Interscope Records due to the fact they still own exclusive distribution rights on the all the music she recorded between 2011 and 2015.

1 minute ago, nito84bcn said:

I can see this: 

Fans early December complaining that she tweaked the song and how horrible were the teaser of her Instagram.

Fans on late December complaining that she left the demo as it was, without any retouch, and how horrible and satanic she is. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't 

2 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I can see this: 

Fans early December complaining that she tweaked the song and how horrible were the teaser of her Instagram.

Fans on late December complaining that she left the demo as it was, without any retouch, and how horrible and satanic she is. 

we are never get satisfied no matter how hard she try :hallwaylaugh:

Arrested Development Judging You GIF by NETFLIX

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Many young people are commenting about the release of the song in the most popular ilegal upload on YouTube and I already did the promotion of the release of this song!!! 

I think Madonna will get many more new young fans with this song!!! 

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Madonna

I really love this demo and I’m so happy they’ve released it. It’s not a thumping Madonna classic, but it’s still good and a million times better than the Madame X remix.

However, the artwork is just horrible and disappointing. It truly seems like no one around her actually cares about her career anymore. This is a song that people outside of her fan base are catching onto. It should be treated as a new song. How stupid to put an ugly “sticker” saying it’s a demo from 2015. It’s the wrong date for starters, and just looks bad and amateurish. They didn't need to draw attention to it being a demo. She should have just put it out as a new song. No one outside of her hardcore fans will have ever heard it. It feels like another lost opportunity. She really needs someone on her team that understands how the music industry is today.

I hate the cover so I'll use my own. But still super happy that the song has an official release.

Back_That_Up_2(LowRes).thumb.jpg.21ef941b50c0d3e136fbf5e63b906da6.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

That's not true, just read the comments of this video and you will notice that many non Madonna fans are listening to this song! 

Exactly! They're not listening to it thinking it's an old demo. They are listening thinking this is a new release. It should have been treated like that. 

7 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

Exactly! They're not listening to it thinking it's an old demo. They are listening thinking this is a new release. It should have been treated like that. 

The EP includes the demo and the speed up version, the speed up version will get most of the streams probably, even if it wasn't mentioned that it was a demo. It doesn't matter actually.

8 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

It would be silly to release an old leaked demo as a new song and pretend nothing happened. New fans or casual listeners won't pay attention to that anyway, they just want the song. They were listening to all the unofficial uploads anyway.

I think the "2015 Demo" label is right plus it's a way for her to say "this is the original" and open the door for more versions coming #soon - just like she did with all the "Frozen" remixes. I definitely think more versions are coming in the following weeks...

1 minute ago, Askeroff said:

something strange happened on Shazam

couple days ago the song reach 1 million mark

but on the next day it was showing 940k 

now its 955k :confused:

Maybe the official release has triggered some kind of change in the background or in the versions counted or whatever?

It went down from #11 to #16 on Shazam worldwide too.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic