"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

Are we arguing about an artwork she got for free ? No matter what i think about Aldo Diaz, i can't fathom the fact that she "paid" him with a dedicated copy of the single for his work on Bitch I'm Madonna. She's cheap. And i bet Brendan did not get much either for his work on FEL. IMO that's the real debate here, why a super rich woman like Madonna won't pay a minimum fee to artists who work for her ? She would never perform or give away tracks for free. And don't bring me the argument "it gives them exposure" because that's what killed professions like journalism and art design among many, because people with money won't pay for the work. 

Hoping Diaz got paid this time. That's all i have to say on the matter.

1 minute ago, Roland Barthes said:

Are we arguing about an artwork she got for free ? No matter what i think about Aldo Diaz, i can't fathom the fact that she "paid" him with a dedicated copy of the single for his work on Bitch I'm Madonna. She's cheap. And i bet Brendan did not get much either for his work on FEL. IMO that's the real debate here, why a super rich woman like Madonna won't pay a minimum fee to artists who work for her ? She would never perform or give away tracks for free. 

Hoping Diaz got paid this time. That's all i have to say on the matter.

Agree - Dan Rucks didn't get paid at all for his backdrop for the DWT - or other work - 

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's old and tiring when the "fan who got lucky" thing has been used since 2015. It's also quite disrespectful. He's been working for her for years now and obviously she likes it. It's her choice. And he deserves credit and respect for getting her attention and still getting covers from her.

It's OK not to like it, of course. And it's OK to say you don't like it. But the personal attacks to Aldo are, in my opinion, unnecessary. He is a graphic designer working for Madonna, even if you hate the result. I don't know what could get more real than designing for her. You don't say a certain co-writer or co-producer is not a musician just because you don't like a song they did with Madonna.

I don't even know Aldo of course and don't LOVE all of his work (quite like his "Finally Enough Love" cover, though and this new one is fun), but the hate towards him is too much.

I think the problem for many of us is that Madonna has access to the best designers in the world and we expect amazing artwork, even for the smallest things. Many of her past album and single covers are simply iconic. And to be honest even the bad designs from the past are better than what we are getting now. Anyone with a slight design background can see the faults in these recents designs, like excessive use of drop shadows and gradients etc etc. It shows a lack of experience and a lack of artistic expertise. But I think Madonna is using fan art because these releases are for the fans rather than a wider audience. It's quick, cheap and easy for her. I'm sure her next album will be done by one of the big professional designers. 

20 minutes ago, vadge said:

The "fan who got lucky" thing still being said 7 years later just shows that it still rings true. It shows that his designs haven't evolved since 2015. It shows that you can still instantly identify an Aldo Diaz design by how badly made it is.. and how royalty-free and dated the font looks.

You can ask anyone with a background in graphic design, or anyone with an interest in graphic design as a consumer, and they will tell you unequivocally that his designs are badly made, from a professional standpoint. It's not hate. 

Using an AI Remini upscale image... Having 3 different fonts in one artwork... 2 of which are royalty free fonts you can download anywhere, the other being the official Rebel Heart font... The completely unrelated border overlay... The random red-white gradient that isn't even centred, and then the clashing green-red-white gradient next to it? All of which clash with the colours of the M image. It's literally giving WordArt, it's giving 6 year old in 2003. Even the text "the original 2015 demo" - there is only one demo, so 'original demo' makes no sense, and it's from 2014 not 2015. No different to the mistakes on his FEL artwork.

Anyone convincing themselves this is even passable let alone GOOD... put down the pipe.

At the end of the day, Madonna liked it, and approved it -  period. 

She's making no money out of it, so why would she pay for a font to be used, good on her and Aldo for using a royalty free font.

Re 2015 vs 2014 - she clearly forgot when she made it.

For every person, and every graphic designer that dislikes his designs, there will be many that love it - do I like all of his stuff, no not at all - do I like everything done by 'professional graphic designers' - nope not at all. 

28 minutes ago, vadge said:

The "fan who got lucky" thing still being said 7 years later just shows that it still rings true. It shows that his designs haven't evolved since 2015. It shows that you can still instantly identify an Aldo Diaz design by how badly made it is.. and how royalty-free and dated the font looks.

You can ask anyone with a background in graphic design, or anyone with an interest in graphic design as a consumer, and they will tell you unequivocally that his designs are badly made, from a professional standpoint. It's not hate. 

Using an AI Remini upscale image... Having 3 different fonts in one artwork... 2 of which are royalty free fonts you can download anywhere, the other being the official Rebel Heart font... The completely unrelated border overlay... The random red-white gradient that isn't even centred, and then the clashing green-red-white gradient next to it? All of which clash with the colours of the M image. It's literally giving WordArt, it's giving 6 year old in 2003. Even the text "the original 2015 demo" - there is only one demo, so 'original demo' makes no sense, and it's from 2014 not 2015. No different to the mistakes on his FEL artwork.

Anyone convincing themselves this is even passable let alone GOOD... put down the pipe.

Like chill. If some of us like it versus you doesn’t mean you can come for us too on top of Aldo. Art is subjective. That’s not us smoking anything. People streaming it aren’t gonna bat an eye if not just pay attention to her since she’s the focus of the cover. 

8 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

The one sent to Spotify radar is the Sped up version :hyper:

I don't know if I want to cry or cum. 

Madonna choosing Aldo's cover and the Sped Up version for Release Radar to keep messing up with some people.

main-qimg-9029fbbec28fc4cbff897cb9c3d352

Gotta love Trolldonna at her best. Thank you, mom.

I think they should have chosen a more expressive photograph because in the image we only see a Madonna looking down at the floor and without transmitting any emotion and in a strange pose that gave the impression that she was drunk walking through the streets with difficulty. If I were part of her team, I would definitely have opted for this photograph for the cover, because here we see a Madonna with a look full of desire and sensuality, which is what has characterized her so much in her career, and this photograph would definitely call the attention of this new youth audience that is meeting her for the first time and not that simple and common photo that ended up being chosen in a very wrong way.

1081696_2.thumb.jpg.761a33373cae550a0e2c7e99666af59a.jpg

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I think they should have chosen a more expressive photograph because in the image we only see a Madonna looking down at the floor and without transmitting any emotion and in a strange pose that gave the impression that she was drunk walking through the streets with difficulty. If I were part of her team, I would definitely have opted for this photograph for the cover, because here we see a Madonna with a look full of desire and sensuality, which is what has characterized her so much in her career, and this photograph would definitely call the attention of this new youth audience that is meeting her for the first time and not that simple and common photo that ended up being chosen in a very wrong way.

1081696_2.thumb.jpg.761a33373cae550a0e2c7e99666af59a.jpg

Are you trolling with this post? :rip:

4 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

The one sent to Spotify radar is the Sped up version :hyper:

I don't know if I want to cry or cum. 

OMGGGGGGGG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOYYY TIMES HAVE BEEN SO WEIRD LATELY I don't even know what to say or do except laughing so much at this fckin mess. :drama: It's nice we got a 2015 demo properly released tho but jesus christ. Madonna has reached a new level of CAMP let's just embrace it

This may have been covered in an earlier post, but I don’t feel like going through 30 pages of comments… Anyone else noticed that there are bootleg versions of back that up to the beat on streaming and iTunes? They are under different band names that have been there for at least a week if not more depending on the version that is there.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic