"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Perhaps they don’t even have the original files or an uncompressed version anymore? The leak to me sounded pretty rough and unfinished so maybe it was just discarded back then.

Yea I reckon that's spot on - she herself said shit kept getting lost in that era - I wouldn't be surprised if the leak was all they had.

34 minutes ago, androiduser said:

you do realize that all these other artists have also had their #1? being #1 for a day or two doesn't mean she's selling more than the others did

I'm speaking of the moment.  I'm simply pointing out she's selling just as many digital copies as them 'at the moment'.  I am aware, in a couple of days or so, this song will probably drop off the digital charts.  Anyway, I'm just happy to see the song make a strong debut.  Coming out on top 10, within hours of its release is a nice achievement for her since she's not had a digital release come out roaring as it has in some time. :)

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Perhaps they don’t even have the original files or an uncompressed version anymore? The leak to me sounded pretty rough and unfinished so maybe it was just discarded back then.

But we have the original wav? 

Are you saying the wav is not the original and they ripped this from online and posted it on Spotify? 

8 minutes ago, musicmyke said:

But we have the original wav? 

Are you saying the wav is not the original and they ripped this from online and posted it on Spotify? 

Actually I didn’t know the uncompressed version leaked. But even so, the song was clearly not finished and never intended for release.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Actually I didn’t know the uncompressed version leaked. But even so, the song was clearly not finished and never intended for release.

This is the iTunes one. 

I thought the iTunes sounded cleaned up. Maybe I’m deaf lol 

Edited by musicmyke (see edit history)

am i the only person who thinks this song is shit ?? im just completely baffled by all this - she has hundreds of songs that she could be flogging to death here and because of tiktok , this is the route she is going now ? - just goes to show how little music taste the "young" generation have when they could be listening to great songs she has in her catalogue like drowned world, rescue me, oh father, dance 2nite .....

24 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

am i the only person who thinks this song is shit ?? im just completely baffled by all this - she has hundreds of songs that she could be flogging to death here and because of tiktok , this is the route she is going now ? - just goes to show how little music taste the "young" generation have when they could be listening to great songs she has in her catalogue like drowned world, rescue me, oh father, dance 2nite .....

Hey, enjoy the ride!  :)  She's 64.  She isn't ever going to top the charts and be the phenomenon she used to be.  Whatever the new generation latches on, it is what it is.  We can sit here sounding like our grandparents, complaining of the current generation taste, or just be happy that her music is still catching people's ears.  And to be quite frank, I'm not sure people latched onto this song because it has anything to do with Madonna.  It's a catchy song to use for their tiktok videos and it caught on.  Why fight it?  Hate it or love it, it's happening whether you like it or not.  I don't think anyone is thinking this will become some phenomenal hit that defines her.  Still, it keeps her among the current music scene which is important if we want future generations to appreciate her catalog.  It might be small to you, but believe it or not, moments like this introduce Madonna to new fans, and that's what we want if we want Madonna's legacy to live on.

By the way, I agree I wish it was a far more greater song from her catalog that was making a mark right now, but at least it's something a bit more current, which will show Madonna is able to reach more than just those people from the 80's and 90's. 

I really love the demo, it's so addictive, I have it on-repeat since yesterday!

I'm one of those that don't like the cover art as well, but hey, I don't care if he's a trained graphic designer or not cause it's Madonna's choice. I guess she likes Aldo's style, it's like the third time she hired him right?

Anyway I feel awful for him that he can't share his love for Madonna here.

5 hours ago, Glassy24 said:

Usually the answer to "am I the only person who thinks [x]" is: no. But how many times does it need to be said at this point?

If you think the "young" generation is going to actively listen to her all of her songs from her past out of sheer interest without any prompt to do so like Frozen Remix or BTUTTB, then I don't know what to tell you. She isn't going to drill an Oh Father sped up remix on TikTok and hope people start making it go viral. :lol: She's reacting to what people are already enjoying and having fun with it, while making a few bucks along the way lol. It's not that deep and really, who cares? How long have people been saying she's ruining her legacy, etc. So over that, she doesn't need saving after 40 years in this career, even if/when she makes misguided choices.

And ew, Dance 2night?? :poo:

EDIT: Sharing a slight edit of the cover since I'm not into the design - it's nothing special, but I kinda like the pic itself without too many distractions :kitty:

Dance 2night is perfection, thank you.

7 hours ago, Glassy24 said:

Usually the answer to "am I the only person who thinks [x]" is: no. But how many times does it need to be said at this point?

If you think the "young" generation is going to actively listen to her all of her songs from her past out of sheer interest without any prompt to do so like Frozen Remix or BTUTTB, then I don't know what to tell you. She isn't going to drill an Oh Father sped up remix on TikTok and hope people start making it go viral. :lol: She's reacting to what people are already enjoying and having fun with it, while making a few bucks along the way lol. It's not that deep and really, who cares? How long have people been saying she's ruining her legacy, etc. So over that, she doesn't need saving after 40 years in this career, even if/when she makes misguided choices.

And ew, Dance 2night?? :poo:

EDIT: Sharing a slight edit of the cover since I'm not into the design - it's nothing special, but I kinda like the pic itself without too many distractions :kitty:

B1.jpg

A vast improvement by just taking away all those fugly cheap “graphic design is my passion” graphics

10 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Omg, all I see is, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan. What a pathetic bunch of spoilt, ungrateful brats you are. Just be happy that Madonna is still releasing songs and the youth love it, oh, and I love the artwork, it gives me Princess Leia vibes.

Ditto. How wonderful and lucky we are she’s still doing it. 👏👏

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

Omg, all I see is, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan. What a pathetic bunch of spoilt, ungrateful brats you are. Just be happy that Madonna is still releasing songs and the youth love it, oh, and I love the artwork, it gives me Princess Leia vibes.

Yes and you will have to deal with it. Not every fan supports everything she does and we don't have to.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic