"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

Yes and you will have to deal with it. Not every fan supports everything she does and we don't have to.

Not every "fan" complains obsessively about every single thing that Madonna does either.  Not saying you have but some people on here... Good Lord!  I like some albums, singles, movies better than others, but I am not here to piss on things.  Rather, I try to focus on what actually speaks to me and draws me to Madonna and her very diverse fanbase.  

21 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Not every "fan" complains obsessively about every single thing that Madonna does either.  Not saying you have but some people on here... Good Lord!  I like some albums, singles, movies better than others, but I am not here to piss on things.  Rather, I try to focus on what actually speaks to me and draws me to Madonna and her very diverse fanbase.  

I have not been nearly as vocal about her remixes of older songs. I don’t mind those at all. I also don’t mind her social media presence as much.

I just really really dislike this one song. I am bitter that her older and more important material is not getting nearly as much attention as this trash song. It’s tragic.

30 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

I've been on here a couple of months and have sat back and read comments and said nothing. I have never seen so much Madonna bashing by so-called Madonna fans. You don't have to like everything she does, just don't go on about it constantly, I don't like Secret, it's a terrible song imo. I just don't listen to it, I don't spit my dummy out like a petulant child. I'm fed up of seeing pages of complaining about artwork and she's not released what I wanted.

Some of you on here think Madonna owes you something, she does not.

Get a life people and be glad she's still alive and still getting recognition and still interested in releasing stuff.

As Madonna says:

I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Absolutely no…Graphic Designer 😂

But seriously, I’m loving that she is opening up to new and younger audiences. BTUTTB is doing what Frozen did only a year ago, so good for her. We are terribly lucky to still have her around. 

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

You want this forum to implode? :Madonna009:

I hope "Back That Up To The Beat" Sickick remix is coming.

I don't think its going to have the same treatment as Frozen but hopefully we could have more featurings (hopefully with popstars this time!). I don't want to wait to next December to have another Madonna viral song.

7 minutes ago, xop said:

I don't think its going to have the same treatment as Frozen but hopefully we could have more featurings (hopefully with popstars this time!). I don't want to wait to next December to have another Madonna viral song.

Not gonna lie, 070 Shake has become a regular in my playlists thanks to Madonna introduced me to them. She’s not gonna pull the big guns with a feature until it’s time for the first single of the next album likely. 

36 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Not gonna lie, 070 Shake has become a regular in my playlists thanks to Madonna introduced me to them. She’s not gonna pull the big guns with a feature until it’s time for the first single of the next album likely. 

Same. I use the wrong adjective for this. 😂 I was thinking of artists with less urban styles (trap, rap) for something that could match with her sound (not exactly big artists such as Britney or Dua but someone she could introduce to us). My dream featuring is with Goldie Boutilier.

ezgif-3-a4216bd2d5.gif.ee577d0df9a49118f3394c22e17d4ec9.gif

Edited by xop (see edit history)

Found this, this is interesting, and is the UK chart - notably it doesn't count radio airplay at all - 

sales to stream ratio

Premium streams (example: Apple Music subscription) is 100:1

Ad funded streams (ex. Watching on YouTube) is 600:1

So if your single had 1 download, 100 premium streams, and 600 ad funded streams, it would total 3 chart sales

How many sales do you need to chart?

OCC website doesn’t usually reveal the exact numbers for most songs to the general public, but according to a Ditto article:

In recent years, the average top 40 single will have made at least 8000 sales, while the number one track will have sold around 100000.

The figures for the Official UK album chart are similar, with the average top 40 album selling over 4000, and the number one typically achieving sales of around 60000

So, for Madonna in this example to get a No. 1 single on the UK chart, she would need to have gained between 1 million and 6 million unique streams in the first week - 

6 hours ago, Jackie said:

You can hate all you want - but the cover was all Madonna - she chose the photo - the font - if you don't like it - instead of hating on Aldo - tweet Madonna ;)

Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 8.46.32 am.png

I don't think he says she chose the font, but just made tweaks to what he presented. ;-) But not the end of the world - I just wish he could present better content to her if she's going to keep using him. I'm still traumatized by the Bitch I'm Madonna cover lol.

Also that last statement is :lol:

FWIW: I do like the photo choice cuz she's backing it up :kitty:

7 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

I don't think he says she chose the font, but just made tweaks to what he presented. ;-) But not the end of the world - I just wish he could present better content to her if she's going to keep using him. I'm still traumatized by the Bitch I'm Madonna cover lol.

Also that last statement is :lol:

FWIW: I do like the photo choice cuz she's backing it up :kitty:

lol yes, and she looked amazing at the SEX exhibition! 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic