"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

42 minutes ago, moloko said:

with a zero promo 🤌

So now Instagram stories and twitter posts don't count as media promotion, and a user-generated content campaign on TikTok* either?

Is this a new rule for 2023 ?

Asking because I haven't had the memo.

* I mean : she's had 2 months of free promo on TikTok for zero dollars, without even having to ask for it.

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

So now Instagram stories and twitter posts don't count as media promotion, and a user-generated content campaign on TikTok* either?

Is this a new rule for 2023 ?

Asking because I haven't had the memo.

* I mean : she's had 2 months of free promo on TikTok for zero dollars, without even having to ask for it.

This is what I mean. People still using unofficial sounds and many many people still asking name of the song and don't know this is Madonna song. Illegal uploads stealing thousands streams every day.

Screenshot_2023-01-02-21-32-57-055_com.android.chrome.jpg

14 minutes ago, moloko said:

This is what I mean. People still using unofficial sounds and many many people still asking name of the song and don't know this is Madonna song. Illegal uploads stealing thousands streams every day.

Screenshot_2023-01-02-21-32-57-055_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is because no one on TikTok knows that this is a Madonna song and if they knew, they wouldn’t stan it. Madonna is sadly not popular with the youth.

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

if people put as much energy and effort into streaming as they did with the constant criticism of cover artwork and being at each others throats all the time we could actually do something great for M

ill stream the shit out of an M song if its actually any good - this song is not sorry ...

My take on it - It's just a promo single almost - not meant to be heavily promoted - it's just riding the trend, creating more promo for her.

I get it why some really want it to be a hit and are very passionate about it - but at the end of the day it's out of our hands -

I actually wonder if it's owned by Interscope - it was created during her contract with Interscope - and it's not part of the re-issue campaign -

She's been really lucky last year, Hung Up,Material Girl and now this all going viral on TikTok - good on her!

I can honestly picture her playing this on tour...along with Candy Shop...im sure everyone on here gonna love that lol I don't mind it actually. I enjoyed it when it first came out. What I don't get is this trend with artists releasing the official "sped up" versions...as if people can't press a button and speed or slow songs down on their damn own.

I find most forms of tik tok'ish apps a waste of brain material anyway...and "short" videos...don't get me started lol

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Imagine if TikTok makes viral "Candy Shop" at some point.

IMAGINE.

M-Dolla would go on a mini-tour, would shoot both a studio video and a live video oh and video mixes, push for all of the discos to re-open and the BB Dance chart to re-open as well, wear rainbow grillz while saying "my single will drop #soon"  , go on an interview mini-tour on radio , break her own record of most candy-shop related posts in a day on any social media, etc etc :Madonna057:,

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

M-Dolla would go on a mini-tour, would shoot both a studio video and a live video oh and video mixes, push for all of the discos to re-open and the BB Dance chart to re-open as well, wear rainbow grillz while saying "my single will drop #soon"  , go on an interview mini-tour on radio , break her own record of most candy-shop related posts in a day on any social media, etc etc :Madonna057:,

I'm up for all this, actually.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic