"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

The Candy Shop Tour would be a good name for it. 

Whether you hate it or love it, I think it has a special place in the Madonna herstory because it was leaked more than 6 months ahead of the album and the album version is basically untouched. I think it would have made a great first single (and so did M, even if WBR got its way with 4 Minutes).

I find music from the last 15 years so outdated. It's not old enough to be cool vintage. Something from the 90's going viral would be super cool, but something from 2008 or 2014 ewwww... It's like for clothes, wear something from 1995 in 2022 and you looks top notch, but wear something from 2014 in 2022 and you look dowdy. 

1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

First we had to learn anonymity, then we had to learn bourgeoise, now we have to learn thunga munga 

Look it up cuz its neat. Look it up cuz its neat. Google it! Google it!

https://unijokes.com/joke-12258/ possible origin story

What has this got to do with anything 🤷

27 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Bourgeoisie

If you miss an "i", you're referring to a woman from the bourgeoisie, not to the whole social class.

?

I blame autocorrect for that.

The lyrics link site claims she sings rat tat tat tat thunga munga , I thought it was really funny. Obvs I was the only one that did (I still do). If you Google thunga munga it’s mainly Back That Up sites. She made a new phrase for the children.

2 hours ago, DickTracy said:

rat tat tat tat thunga munga

HAHAHAHA omg

I always heard "let that that drum (fun) drum (fun) drop (go/bang) drop (go/bang) " or something like that but whatever...

There are at least 3 vocal takes mixed on top of another so she's probably singing different adlibs, as it was a demo with unfinished lyrics (with room left for a hypothetic featured performer)

I found "Ra-ta-ta-ta (drum) / Ra-ta-ta-ta, ra-ra-ra (fuego)" as a result on Google.

But I guess TikTok will have the final word, that won't even stand corrected with the official release of the official lyrics, especially with sped-up songs 😅

13 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I blame autocorrect for that.

The lyrics link site claims she sings rat tat tat tat thunga munga , I thought it was really funny. Obvs I was the only one that did (I still do). If you Google thunga munga it’s mainly Back That Up sites. She made a new phrase for the children.

Queen behavior

Rat-tat-tat-tat-thunga-munga

love it!

https://genius.com/Madonna-back-that-up-to-the-beat-demo-version-lyrics

11 hours ago, CalinB said:

Queen behavior

Rat-tat-tat-tat-thunga-munga

love it!

https://genius.com/Madonna-back-that-up-to-the-beat-demo-version-lyrics

Genius is NOT a reliable source for lyrics, as anyone can contribute without verification.

The credits for BTUTTB (demo) say that Mike Dean was a producer, which is not the case.

Someone blindly copy-pasted the info from the Madame X version https://genius.com/Madonna-back-that-up-to-the-beat-lyrics

"Drop, drop, drop...
Drop that, drop that, drop that, drop that, drop that, drop that drop that
Rat-tat-tat-tat, tat-tat-tat
Rat-tat-tat-tat, tat-tat-tat
Drop... (Wait)"

• Enrico unfeatured this topic