"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

14 hours ago, Prayer said:

You're mixing things up.

It's not played on the radio because it hasn't been officially sent by the label, not because it's not big enough.

It also wouldn’t have been played on the radio if it had been sent to radio stations. Don’t lie to yourself! Madonna hasn’t received proper US airplay since 2012.

14 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Enough with M-paranoia. When a good song, a hit is around, radios will play it if it fits their playlist.

Well…the song also isn’t good. It’s a joke…

So, naturally there’s two things coming together. A horrible song by Madonna that accidentally went viral. That won’t convince ageist radio stations in the UK and US to play her. Especially not the latter where she has been blacklisted since 2003.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

It also wouldn’t have been played on the radio if it had been sent to radio stations. Don’t lie to yourself! Madonna hasn’t received proper US airplay since 2012.

Exactly, in 2012 when Interscope got her the Clear Channel radio deal to launch the Live Nation contract and thanks to that "Give Me All Your Luvin'" was a US Top 10 hit (also thanks to digital downloads, not only radio).

Point is commercial radio airplay in big markets is not 100% about the artist and/or the song and a lot about what's going on behind the scenes.

That said, "Crave" got decent radio airplay in the US in 2019. It was #11 on the Adult Contemporary chart in the US, made with radio airplay, and it was her largest hit on that chart since "Frozen".

15 hours ago, Alibaba said:

I truly want to know who vets Madonna’s lyrical output. She clearly sings Lesboutins, not Louboutins on this. For years I have grimaced at her use of “anonyminity” instead of anonymity, both in interviews and on record…There are other examples of this that I can’t think of right now as I’m on heavy cold medication. How is it possible that no one corrects this nonsense? 

"Anonyminity" is probably used for metrical reasons, but "say goodbye to my anonymity" would have worked well, providing the correct number of syllables without any mistake. I agree with you that it's annoying.

39 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

With MX deluxe there will be  BTUTTB  3 vers total

and i guess it will count to mx album streams too 

Let's see if they release a "Madame X" EP with only the 3 tracks (just like the "Rebel Heart" EP with the 6 Super Deluxe bonus tracks back in 2015) or a Super Deluxe digital version with all 15 "Madame X" Deluxe song plus the bonus 3.

Justice for "Madame X" if she uses the "Back That Up To The Beat" trend to bring back some attention to that album!

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Let's see if they release a "Madame X" EP with just the 3 tracks (like the "Rebel Heart" EP with the 6 super deluxe bonus tracks in 2015) or a digital super deluxe version with all 15 "Madame X" deluxe songs plus the 3 bonus tracks.

Justice for "Madame X" if she uses the "Back That Up To The Beat" trend to bring some attention back to this album!

The 18 tracks version is coming 

but we will see will they combine them or they will go separated 

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Madame X tracks will probably be an EP like the Rebel Heart ones no?

Its mad really. I cant even really remember how they go. If it aint on streaming i dont play it. 

As far as we know from ‘sources’ it’s the full international deluxe edition, with the previous album versions units combined, but with the three bonus tracks included. 

64D2977D-303C-4CA4-A1E0-3AAD18DD90C9.jpeg

32 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

As far as we know from ‘sources’ it’s the full international deluxe edition, with the previous album versions units combined, but with the three bonus tracks included. 

64D2977D-303C-4CA4-A1E0-3AAD18DD90C9.jpeg

A great strategy, in my opinion. Instead of releasing a random EP of 3 tracks, a full edition of the album with the 3 extra songs and the full original album can get some (much more needed) attention to "Madame X", thanks to "Back That Up To The Beat".

The final song belongs to that album and she's smart to use that. It's not like "Madame X" is going to become a hit album now, but surely it will get some extra streams.

I like the idea.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic