"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

I’m kinda surprised people aren’t more excited about this release, not due to the song per se, but due to the implications.

The song has clearly been mastered a bit and sounds much better than the demo version that’s been floating around. This means this can likely be done for other demos from Rebel Heart or other eras. It would be great to finally have clean versions of the Avicii demos.

Personally, this was always a fav from the demo leaks, so I’m glad it finally has received an official release, but I can certainly understand how the song is a little underwhelming for other fans.

That said, this version is vastly superior to the Madame X version and thank god we can now forget that one happened :rip:

It is important that the success of the song translates to Spotify. Also, it needs some attention in USA and Europe.

Is she makes a good video and hires some celebrity like Dua Lipa (a la Deeper and Deeper with its cameos), it could be a good strategy. 

Although I hate Pharrelldona, it is one of the catchiest non-stop dance songs she has done in her career. It sounds like an obvious hit and people probably need something like that. 

2 minutes ago, moloko said:

Yes. Shazam should fix this problem. also Tik Tok shows so many random names under unofficials BTU sounds, they should redirect to the original song

yeap they separated

but there speed up. slow down and original verses

lets pretend its all holiday season fault and all be fixed right after :Madonna009:

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I’m kinda surprised people aren’t more excited about this release, not due to the song per se, but due to the implications.

The song has clearly been mastered a bit and sounds much better than the demo version that’s been floating around. This means this can likely be done for other demos from Rebel Heart or other eras. It would be great to finally have clean versions of the Avicii demos.

This is what I’m saying. You bitches better get excited and stream the shit out of this if you want more unreleased tracks and demos! This is our first(?) unreleased track for her to ever put out aside from some very select bsides! We gotta make it SMASH. Yet everyone’s been bitching about the damn artwork for 10 pages. Like who cares just listen to the song :Madonna003:

26 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

Madonna doesn't need Dua Lipa or one of her bland copies

anigif_sub-buzz-8202-1577478036-1.gif

she need her label just doin the same amount of payola they spent on them 

cause playlisting is everything :fingerclick:

People who used the song didn't even know it was Madonna, which shows that she had potential hits during the 2010s but ageism won. Of course, it wasn't just ageism, but also bad strategy, bad promotion or no promotion.

I don't like Dua Lipa, but she helped Elton to top the charts. Even her presence in a music video could help. I agree that her label should do some payola. Interscope was very bad with the presentation of her work, not to mention the messy adaptation to steaming era.

Back That Up demo is better than Madame X version. It is meant to be basic and fun, but she made it, perhaps creative, but less accessible and fun.

She could have had a hit with Dua, if they didn't use that less accessible remix of Levitating. 

4 minutes ago, Shoful said:

This is what I’m saying. You bitches better get excited and stream the shit out of this if you want more unreleased tracks and demos! This is our first(?) unreleased track for her to ever put out aside from some very select bsides! We gotta make it SMASH. 

She released it because it became a "trend". 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic