"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

4 hours ago, tscott said:

I don't get the hostility to it?  Why can't we just be happy, another one of her songs is getting recognized?  I will admit that it's hardly my favorite song, but I get it.  What's going viral is very catchy.  I have to agree with @Frank, I hope it's the demo that is released, maybe alongside the official version of Madame X.  I listen to both version back to back, and both are good in their own way, but there is something to the demo that just sounds better.  Some of the vocal effects on the MX version seems a bit much.   Whatever the case, I'm happy to see another song of hers is catching on.  Those who go on making this about "tweens" horrible taste, may want to consider the age of those you see in these videos or uploading a vidoo using her song. They are hardly tweens.

I also think she may have made a video to it and that's what she was referring to in her Instagram post.  Her playing the drums alludes to it.  We'll have to see though. 

While I understand what you are getting at, it's not as easy as you make it.  There is a process to this, even for huge musicians like Madonna.  If you recall, Madonna's demos from Rebel Heart started leaking November of 2014 and by Christmas, practically every song she recorded for that era, leaked.  As she even stated by then, much of the industry is shutting down for the holidays and that's why up until recently we rarely saw new music releases happening by mid December.  Madonna said, she had to call in some favors or such to get those 6 early tracks up on Apple.  So if it's true, that 'Back that up to the beat' is being released on Jan 13th, that's a much earlier response to what's gone viral compared to the viral Frozen mix.  It's easy to say, "but she's Madonna, she can get this done", but it's easier said than done.  I think @GregVsMatt can attest to that as well.   

Yes - many organisations / companies do a moratorium over the festive period to accommodate staff leave - if the release is planned for January 13, that would allow time for the demo to be properly mastered for release, 

This one is a win for M who was devastated when hackers and fans derailed her vision for RH and if released to streaming, we should all work together to promote it and show her our appreciation. 

2 hours ago, RebelMe said:

I’m wondering if back in the day, she had released the demos instead of the streaming version of RH how different her career would have been. 

Till this day I choose the demos over the released material, every single time. 

I think we would have got the album as intended with the Rebel and Heart songs separate and in their original form without the Kanye remixes etc no telling what the impact would have been. 

11 hours ago, RebelMe said:

I’m wondering if back in the day, she had released the demos instead of the streaming version of RH how different her career would have been. 

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I think we would have got the album as intended with the Rebel and Heart songs separate and in their original form without the Kanye remixes etc no telling what the impact would have been. 

But she was already in the studio with Kanye and Mike Dean before the Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me demos leaked in November.

I don’t think there would be many changes if the leaks didn’t happen (albeit a few songs like Addicted & Heartbreakcity which demos ended up getting released instead of the final versions), other than the 2 album concept that she originally intended.

14 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Joan of Arc was brilliant before the fake 1980's Casio keyboard drum add.

Rebel Heart (Avicci Demo) was great.  The album version is good too.  Both versions should have been used.  There was room.

Beautiful Scars (Demo) was great.  Wish we had it in official album quality.

Living for Love (Demo) was a bit better too.  Love the bridge.  Lord Lord Lift Me... Please Forgive Me!

Queen and Heaven belonged on the official album as did Nothing Lasts Forever and Never Let You Go.  

Lots of great demos.

Not gonna lie, I've listened to this demo 100 times more than anything from Madame X, The Chronicles of Frozen, and Slung Up. I haven't been this genuinely excited about any of her output since Rebel Heart to be very honest. It's a weird refreshing feeling.

Now here comes the video with her cosplaying as Khloe Kardashian, banging a drum in her underwear in the dark on the farm to drive me up the wall again. That's my girl, God bless her.

It's so funny that this is happening and everyone is losing their shit about it. I literally don't recall anybody on any forum ever saying it was good when it wasn't included on the final version of Rebel Heart. Let's face it, it's not really making waves because it's a good song. It simply has a catchy hook. The RH demo is not good enough to stand alongside her classics, it's too unfinished. But the fully produced version on Madame X has been robbed of the catchy hook and over-produced. So it'll be quite interesting to see if they can pull this one off...

I haven't read the thread.

Just because a song is going viral on TikTok, doesn't mean that it's actually good.

In a lot of cases, the bit of audio you hear on a viral TikTok is used for commical effect.

And the repetition leads people to become curious about the original song. Did I say 'people'? I meant 'robots'.

Don't release it, M. Stick to your original instincts that it wasn't a good enough song to begin with.

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

Just because a song is going viral on TikTok, doesn't mean that it's actually good.

In a lot of cases, the bit of audio you hear on a viral TikTok is used for commical effect.

And the repetition leads people to become curious about the original song. Did I say 'people'? I meant 'robots'.

Don't release it, M. Stick to your original instincts that it wasn't a good enough song to begin with.

In this case people really like it. Real people.

5 hours ago, Vasili said:

Her original insticts lately were 'Turn up the radio' and 'I Rise'. No thanks... 

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic