U2 Fires Manager Guy Oseary

Shoful

https://www.showbiz411.com/2022/11/03/full-stop-bono-u2-have-left-madonnas-manager-for-harry-styles-also-the-eagles-fleetwood-mac-steely-dan-john-mayer

Sorry if this is old news but I thought this was interesting.

Maybe they were sick of his final flop NFT shit that tanked so hard 

Will Madonna stick around?

10 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

They dont have the same personal relationship Madonna has with Guy. And good luck for U2, judging by the poor latest interviews Bono gave where he's totally out of touch, megalomaniac on the verge of a Kanye West, i'm not sure Oseary was the real problem there.

that's-

that's like madonna too 

1 hour ago, Desolation Row said:

Guy O is nothing

like an creative director. He managed M's business brilliantly though. She is still very rich and they're working on her legacy.

Every bad artistic decision that was taken since he became a manager isn't his fault. M is the only one to blame if you wish.

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Still haven't read or heard an actual argument against Guy O, so I'd rather think people like to be antisemitic.

He's not a good manager for the current state of music, he's not a good manager since 2015, he needs to either sit down and learn how industry works now, or quit. If his job is to help her promote her music, he's failing.

I think the main problem with Guy Oseary is that he realised that there is more money for him in endorsement deals and side projects than in music, and that's how he started shaping M's career. So we started getting face cleansers, shoes (that God awful Material Girl fashion collection, oh gaaawwwd!!!), (failed) gyms and crap like that.

20 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think the main problem with Guy Oseary is that he realised that there is more money for him from in endorsement deals and side projects than in music, and that's how he started shaping M's career. So we started getting face cleansers, shoes (that God awful Material Girl fashion collection, oh gaaawwwd!!!), (failed) gyms and crap like that.

That wasn't Guy's idea, that's the way the music industry has become in the past 15 years. Name me someone that doesn't do these things? It's the same with the complaints about her on social media. 

If Madonna didn't follow these trends she'd be left in the dust.

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

That wasn't Guy's idea, that's the way the music industry has become in the past 15 years. Name me someone that doesn't do these things? It's the same with the complaints about her on social media. 

If Madonna didn't follow these trends she'd be left in the dust.

you are right, everybody does it, but in M's case a lot of the side projects have been unsustainable quick ventures to get some cash before the project fails altogether, and the team moves onto the next one.... a lot of the other stars built much stronger brands with their side ventures.

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

you are right, everybody does it, but in M's case a lot of the side projects have been unsustainable quick ventures to get some cash before the project fails altogether, and the team moves onto the next one.... a lot of the other stars built much stronger brands with their side ventures.

Yes. Well she hasn’t done it successfully but that’s kind of part of her brand/legacy diminishing overall. I don’t think that happened because she did endorsements or that endorsements are a bad thing or a problem that is Guy’s fault. Which was what you were saying.

Perhaps if Madonna had remained popular in music or as a cultural icon the endorsement deals of the past 10 years would have been more lucrative. The fact she never managed to have a successful perfume when that market is filled with pop stars is really shocking.

• Jackie locked this topic