U2 Fires Manager Guy Oseary

Shoful

9 hours ago, Desolation Row said:

The second Guy started managing her career it started going down the drain, with one disastrous product sign after another, Truth Or Dare Brand, MDNA Skin, Material Girl and now this latest NFT scheme that failed. The Live Nation deal ruined her career and Maverick records which was his responsibility has failed as well. Guy O is nothing and should have been fired years ago. Difficult to tell how many of these decisions are a result of his influence or Madonna simply self imploding but either way his resume as her manager looks terrible. If Guy is being criticized its because he sucks rather than some straw grasping attempt at putting it down to antisemitism. 

You're naming things that happened WAY after she signed him on as her manager, which was 2005. Many record breaking tours came before the things you mentioned.  I agree that those things you mentioned are questionable, so I am not exactly sure if anything is actually wrong in their business/friend relationships.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I also remember the days where everything that went wrong was Warners fault according to Madonna fans…

People and fans always seeing M like a poor stupid little thing unable to make her own decisions by herself and blaming everyone else for what they dislike or misunderstand.

On 11/4/2022 at 12:18 AM, lap said:

It would be amazing if Madonna fires this Guy too, but I don't see it happening. At this point of her career, she needs a real manager, not a friend and yes-man. 

Be careful what you ask for.  Guy might be doing better than you think.  Managing a star like Madonna cannot be easy and we do not know who would replace him.  Would we get a know-it-all  person with no experience that tries to tie Madonna to evert passing trend whether she fits or not?  Would we get someone who's only motive was to transform her into an ATM?   Would we get someone who reins in her creativity too much or get sucked up in personal pseudo-celebrity?  

1 minute ago, Sultrysully said:

Be careful what you ask for.  Guy might be doing better than you think.  Managing a star like Madonna cannot be easy and we do not know who would replace him.  Would we get a know-it-all  person with no experience that tries to tie Madonna to evert passing trend whether she fits or not?  Would we get someone who's only motive was to transform her into an ATM?   Would we get someone who reins in her creativity too much or get sucked up in personal pseudo-celebrity?  

Well, this is your opinion, not mine. IMO, Guy Oseary is the worst manager she ever had and since then her career declined year after year. 

GuyO has been with her since the Erotica years and the start of the Maverick label. They are thick as thieves together. The only reason he'll stop managing her is if they no longer see eye to eye on stuff or if he needed to step away from the music business. The only reason she'd fire him would be if he was caught stealing from her...

The headline on this topic is misleading, we don't know that Guy was fired. He could just as easily decided not to renew his contract so that he could concentrate on M & RHCP. U2's last couple of tours have been hugely profitable, and their records just not that good, so blaming him for the band's recorded sales decline is hardly fair. They're just a bit boring.

16 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

That wasn't Guy's idea, that's the way the music industry has become in the past 15 years. Name me someone that doesn't do these things? It's the same with the complaints about her on social media. 

If Madonna didn't follow these trends she'd be left in the dust.

These endorsements and deals have largely ignored the interests of her fans. He never not once considered that in regards to her fanbase when doing these partnerships. There’s plenty of cool ideas and products out there that many of us here would spend the $$$ on. Not gyms. Not overpriced anti-aging shit, and not NFTs.

10 minutes ago, deathproof said:

How many NFTs do you own? Did you enjoy MDNAskin that much that you spent over 5k to stock up on more?????

Zero and zero ! But I don't see myself as the target. I enjoy her music and shows, the rest is not my business.

And I believe MDNAskin was at least quality stuff, instead of cheap supermarket cosmetics by Britney or Jlo.

I'd rather have Madonna venturing as she sees fit because she's an investor and she likes innovation vs. Taylor Swift who will release 10873 editions of the same CD with a different color printed on the back :eyeroll: . Remember when she sold "digitally signed" mp3 artwork. I could go on forever. These stars are scammers. At least M is not doing this, she sells her stuff at high price to take money from the rich.

• Jackie locked this topic