U2 Fires Manager Guy Oseary

Shoful

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I so agree with that, she changed a lot mentally and that´s why her carreer is in such in a serious decline, after decades of being literally the top,  that she is not even recognised for her legendary and once in a life time carreer. Maybe nobody grounds her but the choices are hers for sure. What she has done to her body is a sign of how she is mentally, and for sure a person who tries so much hiding her age and that drinks and more things so much is not fine, and we all know that.

Sadly This is So true. sigh.... :cry:

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Madonna herself admitted that Guy pressured her to cut down on the tour production so they can increase the profit margin. 

Oof. I didn't know this. But explains a lot about why I felt the way I did about that tour. So I'm supposed to believe that same Guy willingly just walked away from a client, still one of the biggest groups in the world, that was still bringing in the touring coins? Yeah, he got fired. 

6 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I so agree with that, she changed a lot mentally and that´s why her carreer is in such in a serious decline, after decades of being literally the top,  that she is not even recognised for her legendary and once in a life time carreer. Maybe nobody grounds her but the choices are hers for sure. What she has done to her body is a sign of how she is mentally, and for sure a person who tries so much hiding her age and that drinks and more things so much is not fine, and we all know that.

Please stop.

Body modification does not equal mental illness. Drinking alcohol does not equal mental illness. The filters are weird but they are not a sign she’s “hiding her age”, and it’s not a sign of mental illness. Photo shop has been used for an extremely long time now, IN HER CAREER and  filters on Instagram and Tik Tok are THE NORM. 

Please stop. 

42 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Please stop.

Body modification does not equal mental illness. Drinking alcohol does not equal mental illness. The filters are weird but they are not a sign she’s “hiding her age”, and it’s not a sign of mental illness. Photo shop has been used for an extremely long time now, IN HER CAREER and  filters on Instagram and Tik Tok are THE NORM. 

Please stop. 

3d49f482-acad-11e7-9cb1-5f6b75e2d8b2_1280x720_174753.avif

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

According to what info?

Fans love to fantasize about this without ever backing it up lol. It doesn't make sense when he was DMing numerous fans and fan accounts on Twitter back in 2014 on whereabouts the leaks were happening. There was a legal investigation without his administration, surely if Guy was the culprit this would have been reported on....

20 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Fans love to fantasize about this without ever backing it up lol. It doesn't make sense when he was DMing numerous fans and fan accounts on Twitter back in 2014 on whereabouts the leaks were happening. There was a legal investigation without his administration, surely if Guy was the culprit this would have been reported on....

Lol... you think he's that stupid to leak by himself??? It's pretty complicated. 

26 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Lol... you think he's that stupid to leak by himself??? It's pretty complicated. 

Some wild fan theories back then were that HE was the one selling the leaks. Of course no proof at all about this and it's a very serious accusation.

The whole Rebel Heart leakgate was an epic mess. Even if it wasn't his direct fault, it was an issue he needed to deal with and solve anyway, he was her manager and Madonna her client. And the leaks started happening in August-September 2014, way before the big mess in December 2014. There were signs and reports on full tracks going around behind the scenes for months. And of course the demos of "Rebel Heart" and "Wash All Over Me" leaking in full in November 2014.

But Guy is like family to Madonna, he's not going anywhere. Plus it's the perfect excuse for her to... well, manage herself. A fresh new team could do wonders for her, honestly.

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Some wild fan theories back then were that HE was the one selling the leaks. Of course no proof at all about this and it's a very serious accusation.

The whole Rebel Heart leakgate was an epic mess. Even if it wasn't his direct fault, it was an issue he needed to deal with and solve anyway, he was her manager and Madonna her client. And the leaks started happening in August-September 2014, way before the big mess in December 2014. There were signs and reports on full tracks going around behind the scenes for months. And of course the demos of "Rebel Heart" and "Wash All Over Me" leaking in full in November 2014.

But Guy is like family to Madonna, he's not going anywhere. Plus it's the perfect excuse for her to... well, manage herself. A fresh new team could do wonders for her, honestly.

I know he's somehow related. Not a fan theory. I know the original story & what exactly happened & who helped in stopping everything.

I don't know if he was or was not involved- but I find it hard to believe he would share early rough versions of songs, and unflattering outtakes of her (the bandage scene from HC Steven Klein).

I also find it hard to believe that if he was involved, that Madonna does not or did not know - clearly they are still very close - so obviously it didn't bother her.

Maybe she was fully aware of it and supported it - but then why would it all stop? Unless it didn't and it's just bubbling under the surface again waiting to explode lol

1 hour ago, vadge said:

I mean the conspiracy theorist in me always wonders if there are people on her team being paid to sabotage her career.

It’s a bit more complicated than that. The truth is that the Illuminati has had her cloned so the Madonna we see isn’t the real Madonna. This new Madonna eats children’s fetuses for her adrenochrome fix to keep her looking youthful but unfortunately since the pandemic Hillary hasn’t been able to get her supplies for her so she’s turned to alcohol.

2 hours ago, vadge said:

Interesting that you stopped the quote before this part

It wasn’t strategic or anything. I understand what you are saying, that these stars are vulnerable to “yes” men and snakes in the grass. But all the examples you listed don’t link back to any kind of conspiracy to “destroy” them imo. Most of them are bad choices or self destruction ultimately. And the people involved in enabling it or exploiting them were motivated by their own greed, not some grand plan by the industry to destroy the person.

Maybe Madonna is victim to those same things, I don’t know, but I don’t think she’s vulnerable in the same way MJ or Britney were/are. She is still very much the one calling all the shots. And Guy O is someone that has worked with her and been a friend for a very long time, I don’t believe for a second he has any bad intentions toward Madonna whatsoever. I think Madonna fans are just unhappy with her recent output and looking for someone to blame.

I think it’s easy to overlook the reality that is staring in peoples faces. Madonna’s popularity declined when she got divorced and became overly sexualized again. Society is ageist toward women and just doesn’t respect the things she says and does and that’s a sad fact that she continues to fight against more and more  each year. It would probably be very easy for her team to change all that and have her be taken seriously again but she has to want to do that and I just don’t think she wants to make that kind of compromise. She enjoys challenging the status quo and that’s always been the case.

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

It's interesting, we had the 'hacker' legitimacy arrested - so there's that - did someone on the team share contact sheets from photo shoots - most likely - or did the hacker know where to look?

I think the leaks come from all different places not just one person. Every person that works with her in any capacity knows absolutely anything to do with her is of interest to people.

35 minutes ago, Jackie said:

It's interesting, we had the 'hacker' legitimacy arrested - so there's that - did someone on the team share contact sheets from photo shoots - most likely - or did the hacker know where to look?

Like bluejean said, the leaks came from all different places. It’s not all just private email/server hacking. With the unreleased photos, the majority of those outtakes are uploaded to photo agency websites and their servers. We got many watermarked thumbnails from the Hard Candy session because they were featured on a photo agencies website. And this was a few yrs before the entire hi-res session leaked. Same with Confessions, lo-res images of about 100+ were available on one of those sites. It just takes one person to have access and to leak it all.

Are fans really that delusional that they still believe that The Daily Mail is airbrushing and leaking these unreleased photos all to make Madonna look bad?

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Like bluejean said, the leaks came from all different places. It’s not all just private email/server hacking. With the unreleased photos, the majority of those outtakes are uploaded to photo agency websites and their servers. We got many watermarked thumbnails from the Hard Candy session because they were featured on a photo agencies website. And this was a few yrs before the entire hi-res session leaked. Same with Confessions, lo-res images of about 100+ were available on one of those sites. It just takes one person to have access and to leak it all.

Are fans really that delusional that they still believe that The Daily Mail is airbrushing and leaking these unreleased photos all to make Madonna look bad?

Oh totally - although I did hear that the HC shoot while watermarked 'icon' where never given to icon international - but yes, lots of different sources!

On 11/4/2022 at 9:56 PM, Desolation Row said:

Madonna was rich long before Guy and by building her legacy I think you mean destroying it.

I can’t help but think Madonna is destroying her legacy herself not Guy. He’s not forcing her to go on instagram and TikTok posting bizarre things or telling her to get her tatters out to show she’s still got it. 

• Jackie locked this topic